Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM PCM Identification - VCM Suite 3.0+

Quote Originally Posted by hellbents10 View Post
    Its a NGC4 controller in a 2010 Jeep that originally had a V6. The vin is the V6 but the operating system is the NGC4 V8.
    So what is the software identifying the PCM as? a NGC4? and then what should it be?

Also, what is the operating system (OSID) so I can correct this if needed?

NOTE: just because it was a V6 and it is now a V8, doesn't mean that the PCM type changed. NGC4 was used with both of those engine types in 2010. If you are still using an NGC4 with the V8 and it is identifying as an NGC4 then it is okay and you can go ahead and read it.
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 04-06-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Is write support available for 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 V8? I don't want to order Dodge credits if I can't use them?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531 View Post
    Is write support available for 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 V8? I don't want to order Dodge credits if I can't use them?
    It's an NGC3, so yes. There's a list here that I keep pretty well up to date on supported vehicles: Supported Vehicle Thread

What about support for 03 4.7l durango thats NGC.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCP527 View Post
    What about support for 03 4.7l durango thats NGC.
    This is an NGC1. It is not currently supported.

Tuner in Training
    2012 SRT8 charger so far NO issues reading the PCM and scanner is looking good also havent had much chance to dig in yet but all seems good

D

Tuner in Training
    So how would a guy go about getting the newest beta? I've been wanting to experiment on the ol lady's 2014 ram hemi

Quote Originally Posted by 07TurboTruck View Post
    So how would a guy go about getting the newest beta? I've been wanting to experiment on the ol lady's 2014 ram hemi
    send an email to support requesting access to the beta. Include your MPVI serial number in the email so Support knows where to post the download link.

Tuning Addict
    Alright, I know HP just got the Hellcat sorted out. Just wondering if it's truly 100% supported now and if I can tune a 15 hellcat with a manual trans cause the shop will have one first thing Monday morning.

Am I going to need to send in the ecm for unlocking?

Finally what do I need to know or use configuration wise to read the ECM?

Thanks,
    Greg
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Alright, I know HP just got the Hellcat sorted out. Just wondering if it's truly 100% supported now and if I can tune a 15 hellcat with a manual trans cause the shop will have one first thing Monday morning.

Am I going to need to send in the ecm for unlocking?

Finally what do I need to know or use configuration wise to read the ECM?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Yes, you need to send in the ECM for unlocking. There is a post stickied in this forum with instructions for 2015 vehicles.

Otherwise you will have no issues tuning the manual.

Tuning Addict
    Yes, I should have posted a follow up. I read that afterwords. Amazing how the OE's are going way out of their ways to try and keep us out of doing anything. BUT I think it's an entire waste of "their" money because there will always be people, hackers, whatever out there to work around this kind of stuff... Just makes things a bigger pain is all unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    NGC3 CAN - in the Spark>Advance there is a an Idle Spark for Drive and P/N but looks undefined. Has one row, horizontal is * F (one value of -83.2) and column is spark. Is this a table used in the PCM? I noticed on NGC4 and up this isn't even visible in the Spark tabs.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    NGC3 CAN - in the Spark>Advance there is a an Idle Spark for Drive and P/N but looks undefined. Has one row, horizontal is * F (one value of -83.2) and column is spark. Is this a table used in the PCM? I noticed on NGC4 and up this isn't even visible in the Spark tabs.
    Those are not active. The primary idle timing tables are the PT Base spark and the Idle Torque Spark and Throttle tables.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Awesome thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Same PCM (NGC3 CAN) the Idle>RPM Idle Runtime Based all the adder tables looked scaled wrong with the wrong axis. All have rows as ECT but the numbers are all huge negatives and the columns are supposed to be engine runtime but are huge positive numbers. Looks like its switched and the negative ERT times need to be positive.

Same PCM (NGC3 CAN) the Idle>RPM Idle Runtime Based all the adder tables looked scaled wrong with the wrong axis. All have rows as ECT but the numbers are all huge negatives and the columns are supposed to be engine runtime but are huge positive numbers. Looks like its switched and the negative ERT times need to be positive.
    First of all, I would recommend starting your own thread in the Dodge Engine Tuning board for issues that you are having while tuning Dodge vehicles.
    This is the PCM Identification Thread which is designated to help those customers who are having issues identifying which PCM their vehicle is equipped with since Dodge introduced so many in the more recent years.

That being said, I would suggest starting a new thread and include the description in your post. A .HPT file, OSID, and/or screenshot would also be helpful. I looked at those tables in a file I have and the numbers look okay to me.

Tuner in Training
    ok I am trying to read a 2010 challenger but I can not for the life of me connect through the editor. I can connect through the scanner though. The car was just purchased through a dealer and Is magna charged. so I wonder if it is already vin locked? is there a way around this?

You need to use 2.25. Request it from support.

Senior Tuner
    @ HP Tuners - you list a (4) footnote next to a few PCMs but I do no see that footnote defined, what does it denote?

@ HP Tuners - you list a (4) footnote next to a few PCMs but I do no see that footnote defined, what does it denote?
    It's for the supported vehicle list. The text that references the (4) footnote are usually worded as: "All Supported Year Start - Year End Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Vehicles". So the footnote is the link to the supported vehicle list so you can check if your vehicle is on there.

It was all the way at the bottom of the original post but I moved it near the other footnotes (as it makes more sense to be with the rest).