Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM PCM Identification - VCM Suite 3.0+

I have a request to calibrate a 2016 6.4 scat pack truck. do we have access to those yet, and does the PCM need to be sent off for write access?

Phil

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    I have a request to calibrate a 2016 6.4 scat pack truck. do we have access to those yet, and does the PCM need to be sent off for write access?

Phil
    Anything 2015 and up requires a PCM unlock.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by szemtrs View Post
    Ok, so I downloaded the beta version, and I still can't get it to read. 2005 dodge ram 1500. I get to where it tells me to Turn ignition Off. Wait 3 seconds, Turn ignition on. And nothing happens, then it says Ignition Cycle: Timed Out. What's going on?

Update: Ok, I got the TCM to read. When I tell it to not read the ecm and only read the tcm, instead of prompting me to turn ignition off and on in the same window, it pops up a new window with the prompts and then tell me to click"OK" when I have cycled the ignition, and when I click, "OK", it reads the TCM with no issues. It does not do this when trying to read the ECM.
    Im having the same problem with version 3.2.38 anyone know if there is a fix?

Potential Tuner
    I have an 2015 dodge charger R/T i want to get the PCM unlocked i just dont know the stock read number can i get some help??

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene63 View Post
    I have an 2015 dodge charger R/T i want to get the PCM unlocked i just dont know the stock read number can i get some help??
    Please email support if you need help obtaining the stock read for PCM Modification.

I'm working with a 2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport and I'm trying to find a second PCM to send in for unlocking.
    Is there a list of Mopar part #'s that are applicable for this?
    I'd like to get this right the first time.
    Thanks all.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Please email support if you need help obtaining the stock read for PCM Modification.
    Is there any way to verify the software version (GPEC2, GPEC2A) via the Continental PCM sticker? I see it says "2012-2016 Chrysler 200 3.6L" is supported, but there was a PCM change from 15 to 16. And with that change, even though the Chrysler part number is the same, there are two different Continental H/W numbers. Mine seems to be the oddball that has "11 bit" on the sticker, where all the PCM's I see on ebay, craigslist, etc.... are a different Continental H/W number, and doesn't have the "11bit" on the PCM ID sticker? Just want to be sure it can be supported before I go spending all the money.

Quote Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
    Is there any way to verify the software version (GPEC2, GPEC2A) via the Continental PCM sticker? I see it says "2012-2016 Chrysler 200 3.6L" is supported, but there was a PCM change from 15 to 16. And with that change, even though the Chrysler part number is the same, there are two different Continental H/W numbers. Mine seems to be the oddball that has "11 bit" on the sticker, where all the PCM's I see on ebay, craigslist, etc.... are a different Continental H/W number, and doesn't have the "11bit" on the PCM ID sticker? Just want to be sure it can be supported before I go spending all the money.
    Your vehicle should be supported. If you can, please send support pictures of the stickers on the back of the PCM (there should be at least two) as well as a VIN to verify.

Tuner in Training
    Your vehicle should be supported. If you can, please send support pictures of the stickers on the back of the PCM (there should be at least two) as well as a VIN to verify.
    Thank you Mark. Will do when i get a chance.

Tuner in Training

I used the contact form to send support the link to the post 68, and a quick explanation of what's going on. Could not attach any pics so im waiting for the reply. Should i just post them here? One of the tag numbers is the vin, not sure if there's any negative aspect of posting it?

Mark, 1st of all THANK YOU for this post. Is there any chance we can get something like this for Ford and GM ?

Tuner
    Get on hptuners.com there is a list of every single car they support for every manufacturer.

Sharmz
    pacificae.png

anything im doing wrong?, i puled the one IOP fuse same effect, on 60 amp DC power supply. i also manuallly selected the NGC3 from pull down same result, i also tried to read a 2006 G6 also failed? using v 3.6 and MVPI pro cable, i sware 7/10 times this HP tuners cable doesnt work read or support the OS or application, i must either have bad luck or HP missed supporting alot over the years.
    Last edited by Sharmz; 12-28-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmz View Post
    pacificae.png

anything im doing wrong?, i puled the one IOP fuse same effect, on 60 amp DC power supply. i also manuallly selected the NGC3 from pull down same result, i also tried to read a 2006 G6 also failed? using v 3.6 and MVPI pro cable, i sware 7/10 times this HP tuners cable doesnt work read or support the OS or application, i must either have bad luck or HP missed supporting alot over the years.
    Please open a support ticket by emailing support. Include at least one infolog while attached to one of the vehicles in question. If you can obtain an infolog while connected to the 2006 G6 and the 2005 Pacifica, please send both.

For information on infologs, see: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...acting-support

Potential Tuner understeerrd@gmail.com's Avatar
    Any insight on supporting the 2018+ Jeep Wrangler 2.0 turbo ECU's soon?

I would be willing to donate some time towards testing/development. Or any other way I can help.

Mark, I realize this thread is rather old, but I wanted to thank you for providing all of these details, as the ECU/PCM information has helped me with a bunch of things I have planned for the future. Side bar you guys have done wonders for the Gen3 Hemi community.

2015 durango r/t 5.7
    not reading
    what ecm is this running?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_mfkn_wolf View Post
    2015 durango r/t 5.7
    not reading
    what ecm is this running?
    15+ requires an unlock service from HpT

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Minor-Revision

Tuner
    What PCM type to use to read my 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk 6.2L?
    I tried a read entire and it took 9min 32 sec but not sure it read the TCM, not much info/tables in Trans section.
    Do I need to buy license for TCM to read?
    I'm trying to get a read so I can Purchase a new unlocked PCM from HPT and the site needs the me to send in a Read of stock PCM.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Potential Tuner
    Hi. I have a Jeep Cherokee with a 2020 2.4 engine. I cannot determine the type of control unit. Can someone tell me? I assume that this is GPEC3. And another question, do you need to send a control unit from this car for revision?