Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM PCM Identification - VCM Suite 3.0+

Tuner in Training
    hello

no way to found good ECM

foto here

thanks for your help

Tuner in Training
    I would also like to see the TCM file for this. All the TH files in the repository are without TCM. I also tried to read my wifes 4xe but was not successful. I imagine the trans and 2.0L engine are not supported. The tcm tables on the 4xe would ve great to study for supercharged JL and JT applications

Need some assistance on reading from a 2022 Dodge Durango R/T+ seems to stop on the read complete process and will not jump to view the file in the VCM Editor nor can I save the file. Am I missing something?

1st time I scanScreenshot 2022-06-25 125542.png and this is the 2nd timeScreenshot 2022-06-25 125633.png
    '22 Durango Blackout R/T+

Quote Originally Posted by Blk-D3-Hemi View Post
    Need some assistance on reading from a 2022 Dodge Durango R/T+ seems to stop on the read complete process and will not jump to view the file in the VCM Editor nor can I save the file. Am I missing something?

1st time I scanScreenshot 2022-06-25 125542.png and this is the 2nd timeScreenshot 2022-06-25 125633.png
    Issue Resolved via email tech support I was informed that I will need the Smart Access Cable to read and save the Stock files for the PCM and TCM.
    '22 Durango Blackout R/T+

Potential Tuner
    Hi -

I am looking to purchase a tuning kit to limit speed and RPM's (incl. Cruise control) for a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee (3.6L V6). I have a teenage son and want to limit his speeds. Do I need to purchase the PCM modification before I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP61 View Post
    Hi -

I am looking to purchase a tuning kit to limit speed and RPM's (incl. Cruise control) for a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee (3.6L V6). I have a teenage son and want to limit his speeds. Do I need to purchase the PCM modification before I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Yes you need an unlocked PCM to do so. I purchased a spare PCM (same part number and came from a 2017 durango) from ebay for my 2017 durango GT for $100 and sent it to HP tuners to be unlocked $249. You will then need 2 credits to modify and write the tune to the PCM. Or you can send the original one to HP tuners but you will need to wait several days for it return unlocked. Just note that you will get a P1400 code which states an aftermarket tune was detected. On a side note, when I installed mine and followed the instructions to reset adaptives and clear all DTCs prior to starting the car, I did get a P000A and P0017 code which I think may have cleared once I did a crank relearn. The codes are permanent so I have to drive the durango a bit to see if the PCM will finally clear it. If not, I guess I will need to submit a support ticket.

https://www.hptuners.com/product/pcm-upgrade-service/

BTW stock speed limit is 116mph.

speed.JPG

Potential Tuner
    Hey mark the information my ksuite software tells me that my customers 2005 chrysler 300c srt8 6.1 hemi ecu type is a ngc5.
    Can you confirm this for me please and tell me if your product is compatible with this ecu as i would like to purchase your product and software if it will read edit and write to this model ecu and if you could please explain how the tokens work that would be great.
    Also can i id the ecu visually to confirm if original

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdak801 View Post
    Hey mark the information my ksuite software tells me that my customers 2005 chrysler 300c srt8 6.1 hemi ecu type is a ngc5.
    Can you confirm this for me please and tell me if your product is compatible with this ecu as i would like to purchase your product and software if it will read edit and write to this model ecu and if you could please explain how the tokens work that would be great.
    Also can i id the ecu visually to confirm if original
    NGC5? I would double and triple check that. Up until now, I'd never heard of an NGC5 PCM, but a quick Google search reveals a few threads discussing them, so I'm open to learning of their existence.

My experience has shown that, in general, anything pre-2007 (usually from 2003-2006) used NGC3 PCMs (some using SCI communication protocol, the later models being CAN bus communication).

Then, NGC4 and NGC4A we're used throughout the 2007-2010 era.

After the NGC4s ran their course and VVT was introduced, GPEC PCMs became the norm.

I'd be really surprised if your PCM wasn't an NGC3. And by the way, visiting HPTuners.com and clicking on the Vehicles tab would show you what vehicles are currently supported.

As it happens, it shows Chrysler 300C to be supported from 2005 - 2021.

Advanced Tuner
    FYI some more info regarding NGC controllers from the FCA workbooks.

When the NGC was first introduced, it was referred to as NGC1; since that time it has had several
    version changes, including processor improvements. For example, NGC1 had only one 5V supply
    to feed all the three-wire sensors.
    • The NGC2 controller was introduced, without transmission control. This provided space
    for supporting hardware for the electronic throttle control (ETC) system.
    • Later, the NGC3 was released with two 5V sensor supply circuits and a faster processor. It
    supported ETC as well as automatic transmission control functions.
    • NGC4 controllers provide even faster processor speeds along with ETC and automatic
    transmission control support.
    • Venom 1 and 2 controllers for Viper are a variation of the NGC4 controller, and do not need
    to support automatic transmission control. These controllers are equipped with faster
    processors and support the mass airflow sensors, additional injectors, coil drivers, skip
    shift solenoid, and the manual transmission reverse lock-out solenoid.

https://www.challengertalk.com/attac...ms-pdf.939663/

Potential Tuner
    Is it possible to swap gpec1 ecm to gpec2 ecm (+rewire) ? Dodge Caliber 2007 to Dodge Caliber 2011.