Thread: Controller unlocker x35 invalid key message

Tuner in Training

Controller unlocker x35 invalid key message

Can anyone help me with this? Searched but no luck. I have not had any issues up till now. Went to the car this morning and decided to put the correct gear ratio in. Got this message when I tried to flash it. It acted like it was going to load but stopped with this message. I've tried everything, rebooted laptop, even tried to read the VCM but got the same message. Once I think the message changed to x36, but it was early and I didn't have my glasses on yet..Am I missing something? I have not tried this on another car yet.

I forgot to add, Scanner works fine....

More info, using vers 2.25, x36 message followed by "exceeded attempts".

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by 67LS1T56Camaro; 01-21-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 67LS1T56Camaro View Post
    Can anyone help me with this? Searched but no luck. I have not had any issues up till now. Went to the car this morning and decided to put the correct gear ratio in. Got this message when I tried to flash it. It acted like it was going to load but stopped with this message. I've tried everything, rebooted laptop, even tried to read the VCM but got the same message. Once I think the message changed to x36, but it was early and I didn't have my glasses on yet..Am I missing something? I have not tried this on another car yet.

I forgot to add, Scanner works fine....

More info, using vers 2.25, x36 message followed by "exceeded attempts".

Thanks,
    Jim
    E-mail support and let them know the PCM type you're working on.

Tuner in Training
    Did that. Had to send some files in. Waiting on results......thanks!

Potential Tuner
    what did they say? I am running into this x35 message as well, I had to manually enter my vin also and don't know which hardware to choose.