Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caliber SRT4 Tuning Now Supported! 2007 - 2010 GPEC1 Support Now Active

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Speed View Post
    Got a CSRT in now and another on the way.

Noticing that there is only one tab labeled "Turbine Speed" under the SC/TC Boost Control. Looks to be scaled to a max of 221,236 rpms and the max is 524,280 rpms. Is this the only way to control boost so far?

Thanks guys! Looks like we'll be able to get some great info here for everybody today.

Ivan
    No. Boost is adjusted via wastegate tables.

Tuner in Training Southwest Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    No. Boost is adjusted via wastegate tables.
    WG DC RPM and Baro I take it? Thanks Caesar. Trying to tread lightly with the car as the CSRT is reletively new for us.
    Southwest Speed LLC
    5116 Industrial Park Loop NE
    Rio Rancho, NM 87124
    505-554-9898
    https://www.facebook.com/southwestspeed/

http://www.southwestspeed.net

Tuner in Training Southwest Speed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, We've already mapped out some operating systems and have already tested a successful read/write on a CSRT4. If you read one and get the "Definition Fails to Load" error, just send the .HPT file to support so we can get the OS supported.
    Just emailed another unreadable CSRT.

Thank you guys!
    Ivan
    Southwest Speed LLC
    5116 Industrial Park Loop NE
    Rio Rancho, NM 87124
    505-554-9898
    https://www.facebook.com/southwestspeed/

http://www.southwestspeed.net

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Speed View Post
    WG DC RPM and Baro I take it? Thanks Caesar. Trying to tread lightly with the car as the CSRT is reletively new for us.
    Yes, you will also need to adjust the torque limit/max power and pedal power request tables.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Boost is adjusted via wastegate tables.
    The WG DC table is already scaled up to a PR of 3.0 so there's no need to fuss with it to raise boost.

The correct way is to use the many, many limiters and clips to raise boost while keeping the throttle open.
    Last edited by duster360; 02-03-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Tuner
    I am really curious what tables are available to modify, but no one has been able to provide a bullet list so far indicating something like this.

Did I read correctly that WG Duty Cycle by RPM is available to change? If so, this should be able to assist with boost drop off for the smaller turbo guys if we can raise WG DC in the upper end to help keep boost planted without falling off as much.

I read on another page that we have the ability to set max torque limitations, is this available on a Per-Gear Basis? If so, this should give us the ability to customize a Boost-By-Gear Function if we can lower the requested torque in first and second to our own set values and let it go full bore in 3rd +.

I read up above that Fuel Tables are now available, so I assume that Rescales are now a possibility? I can buy 800cc Injectors and have them run like stock in not just WOT but cruise / idle as well?

Fan turn on temps are available that I saw, this is great as well... I assume full Ignition Timing Tables are unlocked

Do we know if the Ignition Advance vs Outside Air Temp Table is available to modify? This is typically used to retard timing in extreme cold situations where you dont want to go full savage when its zero degrees outside.

Are we able to modify idle rpm?

I currently own HPT and DL'd the 2.25 Beta but have not had a chance to hook it up to my car as of yet. I am not optimistic that it will currently work due to the fact of me having a Custom Tune on the car currently, I read that HPT is having issues reading Non-Stock Calibrated PCMs currently

Do we have control over the VVT tables?

Thanks for all the help
    Last edited by PWNED; 02-04-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNED View Post
    I am really curious what tables are available to modify, but no one has been able to provide a bullet list so far indicating something like this.

Did I read correctly that WG Duty Cycle by RPM is available to change? If so, this should be able to assist with boost drop off for the smaller turbo guys if we can raise WG DC in the upper end to help keep boost planted without falling off as much.

Yes, WG DC by RPM is available, but it's far from the only table you would want to play with to get your desired boost control results.

I read on another page that we have the ability to set max torque limitations, is this available on a Per-Gear Basis? If so, this should give us the ability to customize a Boost-By-Gear Function if we can lower the requested torque in first and second to our own set values and let it go full bore in 3rd +.

There are several Torque Management tables currently opened up for adjustment, although I am not seeing one for Gear based adjustment. Doesn't mean it won't be available in the future, though.

I read up above that Fuel Tables are now available, so I assume that Rescales are now a possibility? I can buy 800cc Injectors and have them run like stock in not just WOT but cruise / idle as well?

The tables for rescaling injectors are there. I haven't personally tested them, but would assume they work as well as one's understanding of those tables allows them to work. The injector scaling table is not the same as they are in the NGC controllers.

Fan turn on temps are available that I saw, this is great as well... I assume full Ignition Timing Tables are unlocked

Yes, Fan Turn On/Turn Off temps are all available and adjustable. Whether every single ignition table within the PCM is unlocked or not, I couldn't say, but there seem to be plenty enough Spark Advance tables open for adjustment to do nearly anything you want or need.

Do we know if the Ignition Advance vs Outside Air Temp Table is available to modify? This is typically used to retard timing in extreme cold situations where you dont want to go full savage when its zero degrees outside.

Yes, ignition advance vs temperature is available. In fact, I count 6 different tables all under the "Temperature" label within the Spark Advance section.

Are we able to modify idle rpm?

Yes.

I currently own HPT and DL'd the 2.25 Beta but have not had a chance to hook it up to my car as of yet. I am not optimistic that it will currently work due to the fact of me having a Custom Tune on the car currently, I read that HPT is having issues reading Non-Stock Calibrated PCMs currently

Do we have control over the VVT tables?

Yes, they seem to be mixed in with the Spark Advance section, under the label "Variable Cam".

Thanks for all the help
    You should just download the most recent beta, hook up to your car real quick, and read it. I read a 2008 Caliber SRT-4 just a couple nights ago that had Realtune's MS1K v.2 tune flashed to it, and it recognized, read, and allowed editing just like a stock calibration.

It seems that the MS1K tune is based off of a factory OS, so as long as the OS that your tune is based off of is supported, there should be no reason that it won't read/write to the PCM.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 02-04-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Potential Tuner
    so if I order the VCM suite this will work with my caliber now?! I'm so excited...tell me yes and I'm ordering it tonight.

EDIT: Nevermind, already ordered! excited for this!! Been waiting years now.
    Last edited by infernica; 02-05-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Tuned my friend's CSRT4 last night with HPTuners! Went from the stock 9 lbs with intake/TBE to a dialed in tune on 16 lbs and 91. Its a totally different car now. With our crappy gas we ended up at 16 lbs and 14.5* up top with no throttle closing throughout the runs. My Dyno will be here next month, then we can get some real world numbers and comparisons from the stock tune to what we can squeeze out on 91, then injectors and E85 right after that

Quote Originally Posted by InfraRedline View Post
    Tuned my friend's CSRT4 last night with HPTuners! Went from the stock 9 lbs with intake/TBE to a dialed in tune on 16 lbs and 91. Its a totally different car now. With our crappy gas we ended up at 16 lbs and 14.5* up top with no throttle closing throughout the runs. My Dyno will be here next month, then we can get some real world numbers and comparisons from the stock tune to what we can squeeze out on 91, then injectors and E85 right after that
    Excellent!

Potential Tuner
    i have problem with the vcm scanner to log any advise?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoCenter View Post
    i have problem with the vcm scanner to log any advise?
    What problem are you having?

Calibers are not yet fully supported in the scanner.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    What problem are you having?

Calibers are not yet fully supported in the scanner.
    for calibers and jeep no vcm scanner yet?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoCenter View Post
    for calibers and jeep no vcm scanner yet?
    It should log some basic SAE PIDs, but you have anything dealing with knock or torque or pressure ratio, etc.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Just got my stuff, going to scan in the morning! Can't wait!!!

Tuner in Training
    I have only been tuning these on the dyno, with the scanner not having as much strength as the GM cars you really have to take care not to hurt the car Even if they are pretty well built.

Potential Tuner
    has anyone in wisconsin tuned a caliber srt thats on the road? i was just curious because I'm looking at a bigger turbo sometime in the future and bigger injectors. right now I'm running stock turbo with Diablo tune. and NS1 injectors. setup i think i would be getting into is a 20g billet wheel turbo and probably some NS2s or larger injectors just going to run 93 oct

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by InfraRedline View Post
    What was the work around for the throttle closing issues?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    What was the work around for the throttle closing issues?
    First of all, you'll need to raise all the airflow limiters and torque/power limiters as you know. But, what seemed to cure the last of the throttle pull besides the limiters was under

Airflow > Electronic Throttle > Pedal Power. The Power % Request table drops to I believe 86% in the higher voltage range and higher rpms, so set that all up to 100%, BUT you will have to make sure that the Expected Pedal table is a complete inverse of the Power % Request table, just as it is in stock form. So since the 3.1V column is all 100% now, in the Expected Pedal table the 100% column should all be 3.1 so there are no discrepancies between the 2 tables. With those changes we had no throttle pull on tons of different pulls, 3rd gear and multiple gears. It has since been cold and crappy so we haven't played anymore.

Bryan, I am going to send you something on FB, so keep an eye out.

Potential Tuner
    What are the main maps to increase the turbo pressure in calibers srt4?