Thread: 1/4 mile

1/4 mile

Wondering if anybody has taken Track Addict down the 1/4 mile?

How accurate were the results?

I did a quick run with my wife's car & the results it generated were what I would expect from her car.......wanting feedback from other users.

i tried it this morning on my way to work, very soft launch on cold street tires gave me what I was expecting... I am an android user

For what its worth, all the guys I work with have downloaded it & have been playing with it. They have all been saying it is providing very consistent, repeatable times that are in line with what their respective vehicles would be expected to run. Definitely gaining faith & confidence in the results this app is producing.

Just bumping this up now that its been out for awhile to see if anybody has actual 1/4 mile track results to compare the app's results to. Now that I have a 10 hz GPS I'm pretty confident in its abilities, but am curious none the less.

Compared last week at WSID
    Track time 12.68 @ 195km/h
    VBOX 12.7 @ 192km/h
    Track addict 13.1 @ 185km/h

Normally the VBOX is a lot more accurate, so putting it down to poor satellite connection which would affect track addict as well. OBD2 speed readout is off as per the fact running drag radials at a different rolling diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Followthesapper View Post
    VBOX 12.7 @ 192km/h

Normally the VBOX is a lot more accurate, so putting it down to poor satellite connection which would affect track addict as well. OBD2 speed readout is off as per the fact running drag radials at a different rolling diameter.
    Just for clarity, did you have Track Addict running at the track when you made your 12.68 pass, or is this comparing your track time vs what you recorded with Track Addict on the street?

Quote Originally Posted by Followthesapper View Post
    VBOX 12.7 @ 192km/h

In most cases where a recorded drag race or segment time runs longer than the actual time, it's due to poor GPS reception and/or the timer being started prematurely via the accelerometers. A typical way that the accelerometers could be triggered early would be if you spun the tires or had wheel hop before your vehicle actually triggered the track's timing laser. You can choose to disable the accelerometer trigger by changing the "Auto-Start" option to "GPS Only" on the "More Options" screen, but that will also eliminate the added precision that this technique normally adds, especially if you are using the phone's internal 1 Hz GPS. In your particular case, the lower trap speed reading would make me suspect that this was more of a GPS issue.

Ultimately, a GPS based solution is going to be inherently limited in its attempt to match the precision and accuracy of the track's laser timing system, but it is possible to get close if you have a good GPS and good reception conditions.