Thread: Will a supercharger work on a L61

Potential Tuner

Will a supercharger work on a L61

I have two L61 engines with 04 cavalier computers in dune buggies. I would like to upgrade one of them. My question is would I be able to install a supercharger and tune it with my current cable driven throttle body and computer? If so what would I need to make this happen? Any help would be great thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Companies like zzp do it all the time. Pull a read off the pcm associated with the engine you want to supercharge, and post it here.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    There isn't a ton of definition. For boost parameters in the cavalier because it is alpha n based. Changing the map sensor out doesn't help cause its not used at wot. Running a supercharger will make it easier to tune as the pulley will keep boost on a more consistent ramp in compared to a turbo that tends to spool at different less accurately and require a full 16 axis defenition

Potential Tuner
    here is the file I have in my dune buggy. I am pretty new to tuning with a computer so any help would be great! thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes you can run a supercharger on a cavalier ECU and L61. I have tuned many. I have also tuned turboed L61 to 405whp on a stock motor.

Quote Originally Posted by JMHZ2401 View Post
    Yes you can run a supercharger on a cavalier ECU and L61. I have tuned many. I have also tuned turboed L61 to 405whp on a stock motor.
    I was going over the threads trying to understand how to tune if I am installing a supercharger or a turbo I know how to tune in na from basically stock to bolt ons cam heads for gen3 gen4 and gen5 but I have no idea about tuning whenever a supercharger or a turbo charger is installed what I know is that there are these parameters in gen 4 and 5 under airflow that says turbocharged and supercharged but I don't have any idea how to use them it would be nice if someone can point us at the right direction here.