Thread: 2 bar sd tune

2 bar sd tune

I have a 2002 ws6 2 barr enhansment that only reads to 105 key on engine off but reads down to 10 20 kpa .
    Is there a limit table i missed?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did you install a 2 bar map sensor?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill,

Thanks for replying. Yes, we installed a 2 bar map.

More info that may help...Our voltage readings read correctly in the computer. for reference, 4.9v on the scan tool when we apply 15 psi.
    But if we look at the kpa, it stops at 105. If we pull vacuum, it does read correctly, all the way down to 10kpa. We also tried adding manifold pressure while it was running to see if maybe the car had to be running to recognize it, and the results were the same. It also seems like this car runs in the low octane timing table, which after poking around here on the forum, that's supposed to happen. We tried zero-ing out the maf hz. and leaving all the codes on and telling it to not report, and still the same result. We logged the knock pids and there is zero knock. For reference, its an 8.5:1 engine with 20* total timing.

Any suggestions to get car to recognize boost/kpa?
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you aren't logging the correct pid to me. You need to log the 2 bar map pid.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Sounds like you aren't logging the correct pid to me. You need to log the 2 bar map pid.
    I did not even see that pid .so i cleared vehicle history started new pid list start scanning no luck, it reads 0 kpa on 2 bar and 103 map .
    also does not show boost in the live tuning ve table the table goes to 210 but sits at 105 with 8 psi on sensor.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SDCE View Post
    I did not even see that pid .so i cleared vehicle history started new pid list start scanning no luck, it reads 0 kpa on 2 bar and 103 map .
    also does not show boost in the live tuning ve table the table goes to 210 but sits at 105 with 8 psi on sensor.
    If your talking about the histogram, you may need to go in and change the map PID its using also. I don't think it automatically changes with the table change.
    Jaime

Any other suggestions? We're still stuck here. Still not reading more than 100 kpa. We tried using the 2 bar map pid. It's worse than it was before...it reads 0 with key on, engine off as opposed to before it would at least read 103 kpa or atmospheric pressure. Thanks Jaime for the input...we're not talking about a generic histogram but a "live" VE tuning histogram, which pulls the information from the ecm and it shows all the way up to 210 kpa on the screen but it only reads up to 105 kpa while applying manifold pressure.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, I haven't used live tuning in about a year, but the last time I used it with the 2bar OS it worked fine. Of course, I was just doing light load work so maybe it wasn't.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    We tried using the 2 bar map pid. It's worse than it was before...it reads 0 with key on, engine off as opposed to before it would at least read 103 kpa or atmospheric pressure. .
    Sounds like you may have had it in PSI. Right click the value and change the units to KPA.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Sounds like you may have had it in PSI. Right click the value and change the units to KPA.
    thanks jaime but i think i tried all the regular stuff 100 times.The thing that bugs me is that my map volts read correctly for a 2 bar .The 2 bar pid does not work at all . I just think there is some special vodo scaner set up procedure to see positive preasure because i kinda got it to work but on re linking scaner to realy tune it went back to not reading . any tatorials on how to on forum i can read ?

Senior Tuner
    Maybe posting your Scanner Config file will help.
    Jaime

Are you logging with the 2 bar MAP PID?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Are you logging with the 2 bar MAP PID?

Ed M
    yup just sits at 0 .I made so many scanner configs i will have to find one that is not a mess.

yup just sits at 0 .I made so many scanner configs i will have to find one that is not a mess.
    here are 2 configs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

here are 2 configs.
    I figured it out first off you can not have any other psi reading on scanner but 2 bar . Also car must be running for at least 1 second for the kpa start reading , [SO NO KEY ON ENGINE OFF DRY RUNS ] I hope this saves someone 20 hours of hair pulling.