Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZF disable kick down in sequential?

Advanced Tuner
    because i have backing and that comes with everything they need and ive done more efi conversions than most people have had hot dinners,

we are not just fucking around for something to do, its a full assault on 4 of the current top 8 cars, 2 will be converted by the end of the month and the other 2 in may when their new motors arrive and there is a break in filming, if all goes to plan ill be there for filming of 1 show but the weather is fucked there and its snowing every day so filming might be delayed some more..

Sounds good no doubt but those mericans dont fuck around from the get go, doc's beast running +1400rwhp on gas is nothing to sneeze at so i take it you have some kind of plan thats going to "guarantee" results ? Iam keen to hear what kind of angle your going if you're only involved in an EFI swop or do u have a say in the fresh motor ?

Going further than ~1600hp N/A ( inc N2o )must be some kind of bench mark for the cI used ? Or is it going boost ?

How did they manage to find you all the way over in little old ozzy land or do u know some of them personally ?
    Last edited by JETURBO; 03-08-2015 at 04:30 AM.
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    doc's car is one of them that is getting done.. im putting a logger on it on the 19th so we can gather data over the next month of racing,

they all have their own N20 guys, they deal the with the N20 side and are very specific in what they want, we have had to get special N20 firmware written for the ecu's to cover their requests, there is no other ecu on the market that will have N20 control like the elite has even if you want to run 5 stages..

basically they are destroying motor after motor due to none or very little data, Dominator and 1 other have zero logging on the cars and the other 2 is very basic, all we need to do is give them a reliable n20 control and data that is usefull, its not hard to do and with good planing it will be no issues

It still buzzes me out that they can be using such large amounts of gas without logging, seriously WTF that big cheif "seems" to know whats going on with the tuning side of things and from what they portrayed on the show "midwest" does tuning for a few of them
    It must feel some what nice to be plucked from the globe to do this job hey ?
    Killer stuff !
    So haltech elite gets the tick hey ?

What hardware u leaning towards ? A pair of moran's per pot .......you making a custom inlet/plennum ?
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Advanced Tuner
    i wouldnt put a moran injector near my lawn mower.. we will run a single 200lb injector per cyl, they are only on petrol not methanol so thats plenty of fuel,

some of them are spraying 700hp with no logging.. lol

its pretty exciting to be heading over there, but the pressure is on, there is a lot to do in 12 days,

elite is the only ecu that will do what we want and do it right,

i have to mod their current manifolds to take injectors etc. its going to be a big job
    Last edited by VYSSLS1; 03-09-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Hahaha the moran was a bit of a jib wasn't sure if u would agree

So envious but at the same time you can have the job lol thats a stack of work for the day's allowed and whats your thoughts about not an ideal manifold to make more than ideal power ? Big job that one but if u can pull it off please let us/me know as iam super interested

interesting you wouldn't push to go meth for where these build are heading !

Advanced Tuner
    no not on Nirtous they will stay on petrol.

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice Dale, Keep us posted on the progress. Curious though as I have no Nitrous tuning experience. I know reading the plugs old school can be reliable for for timing/AFR if you have the skills, my question is does it stay true with nitrous? What sort of rule of thumb if you were fitting nitrous to a boosted car etc. Something like 2 degrees less per 50hp of nitrous jetting or something like that.. I've always wanted to get a kit and play around on my own car and use it purely for the track only. But have never taken the plunge.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    reading plugs is the most important thing with Nitrous..

Tuner in Training
    This can be done in shiftmap 27 (manual shift mode) with the tables on the RHS (downshifts) change the bottom Row (100.4% kickdowns in my calibration) to lower OSS numbers, I have my 5 kickdown columns set to 300/600/900/1200/1500 all the way to the bottom except the last, on the last row have the 2-1 and 3-2 bottoms both set to 0 (no kickdown ever) and the 4-3, 5-4, 6-5 all set to 2500 which means the car will always kick down to 3rd if I flatten it around 100 km/hr for overtaking.

As we know setting the 2-1 column to real numbers allows the car to drop back to 1st in manual mode too which is handy at the drags after doing a burnout and staging.

Shiftmap 27 is also a good place to setup some limits so you never miss another shift ever again... or make one hahaha

So much you can do in the ZF software its rediculous

Nice share dan

And welcome

Advanced Tuner
    So with the settings as mentioned by CAT600 above & then unplugging the actual kickdown switch wouldn't that be the best way to make sure your getting 100% throttle & locked in 1:1 ratio on the dyno?

Advanced Tuner
    Jet, see they reckon the 2.25 scanner and stuff should be in beta version in the next couple days? Boys are working like men possessed. I might have to dust the ute off and get cracking again!!!
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    So with the settings as mentioned by CAT600 above & then unplugging the actual kickdown switch wouldn't that be the best way to make sure your getting 100% throttle & locked in 1:1 ratio on the dyno?
    Well 4th is 1.14:1 but I know what you mean.

Typically they will dyno with the converter locked up but I have seen some graphs with the run started early enough to have the converter unlocked (roadspeed was low enough to bring the converter out of lockup) ... If that's the case R he answer there is to modify the table in shiftmap 2 (under the Auto TCC tab) so the OSS numbers are low enough to stop that happening.

Daniel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    The FG has a 6 pin single plug so cant isolate the kick down switch with out cutting wires and you don't need to now that we know its table 27 that we can get to do this. The scanner will resolve alot of headaches with finding shift tables hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Jet, see they reckon the 2.25 scanner and stuff should be in beta version in the next couple days? Boys are working like men possessed. I might have to dust the ute off and get cracking again!!!

Keen to see this two weeks end hahahahahaha

Same here I haven't touched anything in yonks but I've been helping a few SA tuners but its all boring stuff :P

Looking to spray a gut load of gas into my donkey i think before i go a turbo

Advanced Tuner
    You only want gas so when people ask what you've done. You can reply "Just a basic 100shot" am I right?.......I'm right aren't I? lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
    Well 4th is 1.14:1 but I know what you mean.

Typically they will dyno with the converter locked up but I have seen some graphs with the run started early enough to have the converter unlocked (roadspeed was low enough to bring the converter out of lockup) ... If that's the case R he answer there is to modify the table in shiftmap 2 (under the Auto TCC tab) so the OSS numbers are low enough to stop that happening.

Daniel
    would it lock up through the run though?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
    would it lock up through the run though?
    In most situations yes, although if the run starts at a low enough speed that the TCC is unlocked (referencing those 5 TCC situation tables) in an application making enough power to push engine rpm (as a ration to input shaft speed) past the max allowed threshold the converter will not be allowed to engage the lockup until that slip ratio is met and passed.

Mick has a great datalog pic of his high stall staying unlocked through a power run I'll find a screenshot of it

We do not have access to that slip ratio but Eric is having a look for me.

Daniel
    Last edited by CAT600; 03-23-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome Daniel and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

My question is that shift map 27 does not appear to be just manual mode as turbotrana found:

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    Table 27 seems to takes care of all downshifting in manual mode. It also gets it going into 1st in auto mode for whatever reason.

Thats it for me until the 2.25 scanner comes along. Its too hard to work out whats what.

Has anyone worked out which is the most common cruise table?
    And I checked with the same result. Does anyone know if this is the only add on for this shift map?