Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 silverado with procharger, cant seem to add fuel above 4400 rpm? SD Tuning

2014 silverado with procharger, cant seem to add fuel above 4400 rpm? SD Tuning

long story short...customer brought us a Truck to fix a sugring issue and for us to put a different pulley on it to make more boost ....
    turns out its an issue caused at the MAF by some airflow reversion with his blowoff valve
    Failling the MAF and putting it in SD seems to have fixed the surging issue(and smoothed out the throttle response quite a bit as well I might add...)

so we put the thing in SD....the issue goes away...(MAF failed in the tune)
    but we go to do a basic tune on it...to make sure WOT AFR looks good, make a pull....
    and no matter what I do to the VE coefficients, above 4400, AFR goes up....
    starts to rise and by 5800 its up to 17.5:1...obviously that is no good...

so I proceed to use the EQ-VE software to add to the VE table....
    I've thrown an extra 50% fuel to it and it seems to make ZERO difference...

what am I missing
    MAP sensor only shows 118-119 kpa.... so its not making any serious boost..LOL..so I'm not too worried just yet
    but I need to get it to add fuel up top before I change the pulley out and start beating on it.

is there some other table besides the coefficients I need to make changes to on the 2014+ ECU's?
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    It's running more than 118-119 kPa. That's the maximum reading due to Procharger kit using the stock MAP sensor. Procharger kits increase boost with RPM, so fuel pressure differential changes as well and isn't compensated for because MAP pegs out early. Post up a file and I'm sure someone here can lead you in the right direction!

Senior Tuner
    This might be a longshot, but have you applied the TCS Patch?

Also, have you been logging all of the Torque and Fuel Cut PIDs to see if its a torque/fuel cut issue?
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by CTP View Post
    It's running more than 118-119 kPa. That's the maximum reading due to Procharger kit using the stock MAP sensor. Procharger kits increase boost with RPM, so fuel pressure differential changes as well and isn't compensated for because MAP pegs out early. Post up a file and I'm sure someone here can lead you in the right direction!
    Autometer Boost gauge on the dash seems to think its making 3-4 PSI
    and there are many many vehicles making a lot more boost on the stock Injector setups....
    doesnt really matter if the boost is compensated for or not... either way... I'm adding fuel in the ECU and it changes nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    This might be a longshot, but have you applied the TCS Patch?

Also, have you been logging all of the Torque and Fuel Cut PIDs to see if its a torque/fuel cut issue?

TCS patch applied....
    there are no torque management and fuel cut PID's to log in the scanner for this vehicle..kind of pisses me off that it doesnt exist in the scanner for this vehicle.
    -Scott -

Did you uncheck the auto zone boundaries box on the BlueCat home page?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Did you uncheck the auto zone boundaries box on the BlueCat home page?

Ed M
    yes..... auto zone unchecked
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    TCS patch applied....
    there are no torque management and fuel cut PID's to log in the scanner for this vehicle..kind of pisses me off that it doesnt exist in the scanner for this vehicle.
    That's strange and frustrating. I know the last 2014 truck I did had them. You may need to delete the Scanner OS file and force it to re-poll the PIDs. HP had some issues with recent scanner updates causing PID's to go missing and that seemed to be the fix.
    Jaime

How about a copy of the tune and the log....

Here is the .cfg I use on 2014 corvette ------- 2014 Corvette cfg rev b.cfg

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-13-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

if anybody cares to take a peek
    heres the file....

File is in version 2.25

2014 chevy silverado edits.hpt
    -Scott -

That's strange and frustrating. I know the last 2014 truck I did had them. You may need to delete the Scanner OS file and force it to re-poll the PIDs. HP had some issues with recent scanner updates causing PID's to go missing and that seemed to be the fix.

didnt help... no change in what PID's I can see

How about a copy of the tune and the log....

Here is the .cfg I use on 2014 corvette -------

Ed M

a bunch of unsupported PID on the trucks.... it is not the same as the corvette ecu apparently

Capture.PNG
    -Scott -

Scott,

Try reducing the Driver Demand 100% TP cells to like 400 or so. Maxing torque on these setups just doesn't work. The .cfg I posted should allow you to log the values and get within a value, and after a bit of buffer added, can replace the 1,000 (not sure how it got that high when the max is 500?) For starters try 425 or so and see how that helps the 4400 rpm and up fueling.

Ed M

[email protected]

Scott,

Try reducing the Driver Demand 100% TP cells to like 400 or so. Maxing torque on these setups just doesn't work. The .cfg I posted should allow you to log the values and get within a value, and after a bit of buffer added, can replace the 1,000 (not sure how it got that high when the max is 500?) For starters try 425 or so and see how that helps the 4400 rpm and up fueling.

Ed M

I think there was a Canned tune from Diablo in this thing when it came here...
    that is not something I touched....and I dont think I have an all original stock file to compare with to see what else has been done before us..

and AGAIN
    your cfg does not work with this truck....
    most of the PID's are unsupported by this truck/OS
    see picture in my post above
    -Scott -

here is a log

Driver demand was lowered to match the 86% TPS row
    made zero difference

Log - log for HPT 2014 silverado.hpl
    Config - Scott GM 2014.cfg

I let out of it pretty early in the pull because I saw AFR on the rise as it has been every pull so far.

we actually did a sanity check and put it back to the original file that came in it using the MAF... and it goes pig rich... so we know its not out of injector or something stupid like that

Hell.. I cant even log Knock retard/Timing retard on this thing......cant log torque management, cant log injector pulsewidth......and the list goes on.,..
    seriously missing a shitload of important Scanner PID's for these trucks..its pretty dam annoying
    Last edited by S2H; 02-13-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    -Scott -

I found a stock 5.3 file in tune repository and sorry about the .cfg. was hoping they were similar pids..

Ed M

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    The "Samples" folder has one also.

Edit: Sorry, that was a file I had. My mistake.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 02-13-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Idiot
    Jaime

The "Samples" folder has one also.

Edit: Sorry, that was a file I had. My mistake.
    it doesnt really matter...
    I cant see half the PID's I need to anyways... they just dont exist in the 2.24 scanner
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    Try this.

Stock file for reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ElecTech; 02-13-2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    it doesnt really matter...
    I cant see half the PID's I need to anyways... they just dont exist in the 2.24 scanner
    That's still odd to me. They must not have loaded the Enhanced PIDs for that OS. Might be worth an e-mail to support.
    Jaime

Try this.

sorry... I'm not blindly putting in a file...

what did you change... and why?

I already see injector stuff is changed...and it does not need to be changed... works fine with MAF enabled...(other than the reversion issues) so nothing injector related should have to be changed
    trans stuff is different...
    rev limiters are different...

are you just posting a random file up?
    is this supposed to be a stock file??
    I'm not looking for a stock file...
    I'm looking to solve the problem I am having with fueling in SD.

everything else is fine.. I just want to change whatever I need to so that the VE/SD fuel issue is fixed.....so I can command the right amount of fuel, and it actually comes out the tail pipe matching what I command...
    Last edited by S2H; 02-13-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    Its just a stock file for reference. I have nothing else to add, but I hope you find a solution.
    Jaime