Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will not read ECM, but will read TCM

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dnrprojectsvp View Post
    i have the same problem, i cant get it to read. it says make sure its on RUN but it is KOEO. i am able to scan the vehicle. Its on a Chrysler 300 SRT8
    I can scan mine also.

When I hooked up the Diablosport InTune, at first it told me my vehicle wasn't compatable, but it said to plug in to a computer and it would download a new PCM configuration file. I did that and it downloaded a new file, installed it on the PCM, and then everything worked just fine.
    There's something not meshing up with HP Tuners and a few of these PCM's it seems.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dnrprojectsvp View Post
    i have the same problem, i cant get it to
    read. it says make sure its on RUN but it is KOEO. i am able to scan the vehicle. Its on a Chrysler 300 SRT8
    That sounds like it's not seeing the ECU at all, or the interface. Make sure the scanner is also disconnected prior to trying to read/write.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by szemtrs View Post
    I can scan mine also.

When I hooked up the Diablosport InTune, at first it told me my vehicle wasn't compatable, but it said to plug in to a computer and it would download a new PCM configuration file. I did that and it downloaded a new file, installed it on the PCM, and then everything worked just fine.
    There's something not meshing up with HP Tuners and a few of these PCM's it seems.
    That was an OS update. Diablo tends to work off the latest release so they provide the update before they flash their changes.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've done that, and the 2 replys I've gotten were that I have a wiring problem, or the SCT tuner messed something up. Which I know both are not the case.
    shoot me a email directly, bill @ and I'll have you send in your interface so we can at least rule that out as an issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    shoot me a email directly, bill @ and I'll have you send in your interface so we can at least rule that out as an issue.
    You are the person I've been emailing directly already.

I know this is a dodge but I did a mustang and it would not read. Until I opened the door when doing the key cycle. Didn't make sense to me but it worked. Almost like it was not shutting down some modules until the door was opened

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tokymon View Post
    I know this is a dodge but I did a mustang and it would not read. Until I opened the door when doing the key cycle. Didn't make sense to me but it worked. Almost like it was not shutting down some modules until the door was opened
    I've tried that and every other trick people are coming up with. It still wont read. The Diablosport InTune is working great on my truck. It's weird that one brand will work and the other won't . I'd really like HP Tuners to work so I can tune myself and not have to pay someone to do it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've tried that and every other trick people are coming up with. It still wont read. The Diablosport InTune is working great on my truck. It's weird that one brand will work and the other won't . I'd really like HP Tuners to work so I can tune myself and not have to pay someone to do it.
    I assume you emailed me to have your interface sent in to be tested?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread but was the problem figured out. I am having this same issue with an 04 ram but cannot read either TCM or PCM