Thread: GM Knock Alert

GM Knock Alert

I've been trying to get HPT to run the Outputs in standalone mode as a daily driver type DIC thing since the outputs only work when a Laptop is connected and scanning... however they wont do it... so I made my own..

Fully configurable... 100% accurate.. I have it reading most any GM specific PID you can think of... Knock is really the only important one.

Works on any GM 2001 or newer... maybe even older... but the knock doesn't work with say my 1997 Chevy Truck Vortec 350.. not yet anyway... need to find the knock PID for that one.. Also reads all of the standard SAE PID's as those are readily available...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiVMhhTgudo
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-15-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Video is private.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

how about now?
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

It works.

It's cool idea and the way it works but the beeping would drive me crazy haha.

Kinda looks like the size of a scangauge 2 dealio but I don't think I've ever seen a screen like that before. Just maybe once though, not sure if you are on grand prix forums.net as thats where I might have seen something similar.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I made it myslef, total cost prob $15. Its just an ebay 4x20lcd with a microcontroller... Stuffed in a business card box...
    The beeping is just set for any knock just to test.. Later on when im annoyed of it illl prob change it so its only triggered above 95kpa (boost) and over 1-2 degrees of retard.. It's for my supercharged LS3 camaro.. Like a health monitor... I have hpTuners triggering the same alarms... But need a computer for it to wirk...

Advanced Tuner
    send me a quote via pm i want one for my mustang foxbody has an ls3 in it.

I have a 2010 LS3, what year is your LS3 ECU? Should work on all LS3's the exact same way regardless of year... You'll have to let me know what PIDs you want included as there are too many to include all. What conditions you want knock light triggered... triggering at any knock like in the vid is too much but good to test it... something like 1 degree or higher might be good.. Also if there's other PID's you can think of other than the standard.. The main ones I like for my boosted LS3 is:
    1) Knock (Gm specific PID)
    2) IAT (Standard SAE - works on all cars)
    3) LTFT (Standard SAE - Works on all cars)
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires