Thread: dodge srt4 ignition cycle timed out

Tuner in Training

dodge srt4 ignition cycle timed out

Well i have hp tuners and 2.25, and everything i go to connect to my car to read the tune on car and go from there and when i try to connect says ignition cycle timed out??? Any help please thank you

Tuner in Training
    Turbo timer?

Tuner in Training
    Nope i turned all electronics off, cd player, closed doors, i dont have a turbo timer on the car.. Only thing is a wot box but its connected to the coil pack?

Tuner in Training
    This happened to me originally, I had 2.25 but was unable to read the file from the car. Beta software is updated almost everyday - make sure to go to your downloads and redownload the latest version of 2.25 - if you don't have the option to download 2.25 anymore re email support for access again.
    Doc
    Doc's Performance & Dyno Tuning - Las Vegas NV . Tuning any and all cars!

Tuner in Training
    I redownloaded it, and same thing, ignition cycle timed out

Quote Originally Posted by cammedupsrt4 View Post
    I redownloaded it, and same thing, ignition cycle timed out
    like i told you i seen this before on a local car , kid bought the hptuners and had the same issue he never figured it out. Was your car ever tuned on diablo or SCT maybe some how they locked it and is causing that issue.

Tuner in Training
    I dont know, if it was its a diablo tune, car had no handheld or anything when i got it, but from what i have been told hptuners will overwrite or override a diablo/sct tune?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cammedupsrt4 View Post
    I dont know, if it was its a diablo tune, car had no handheld or anything when i got it, but from what i have been told hptuners will overwrite or override a diablo/sct tune?
    Typically yes.

Any other electronics on the bus? Ipod adapter, custom stereo? Something that could interrupt the ECU signal to the interface during key on? Do you try multiple key cycles during one operation, or do you just "key on" and wait?

Just trying to get a feel for your process.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    No other electronics, i take off the faceplate off the aftermarket cd player, no ipod adapter, wot box is there, led dome light stays lightly lit, i just try the one key cycle, turn key off wait 3 secs turn on and wait... I cant think of anything else to interrupt it

Tuner in Training
    Im just stumped, i even took a multimeter and started checking everything, im going crazy lol

Tuner in Training
    I literally unplug everything that could cause a interference, i vlose the doors, i have my wideband gauge on. Only thing on

Potential Tuner
    I know that this is an old thread but wondering if you ever found a solution.
    I am having the same issue and HPT even took my original unit back and replaced it under warranty. I got the new one back and it's doing almost the same exact thing still.

Advanced Tuner
    remote start or alarm equipped?

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issue. This SRT was previously tuned with a Diablo(Custom locked tune). I used the handheld to restore stock tune and release the handheld. Still can't get it to read the factory ECM. It does have a turbo timer. I get the same result on and off. No issue for scan tools or any other ECM communication. Thoughts???

On a side note a different brand of tuner (Bullydog?) told me that once tuned with a Diablo the unit would need replaced for their tuner to be used with that vehicle. Anyone else run into this?

Advanced Tuner
    What year and pcm model type?