Thread: .hpt file to .bin file?

.hpt file to .bin file?

I am pretty new to using Hptuners so is there a way to convert an .hpt tune file into a .bin file?

There is not.

If we allowed this, it would too easily expose all the work our engineers put into the calibration maps.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Ok thanks

Potential Tuner
    I can't read hpt files on my laptop is there something I need to install to read everything.
    06 GTO-Maggie,Kooks-The Works
    06 TBSS-Bolt ons

VCM Suite from hptuners.com

If you have that installed and double clicking on a .hpt file doesn't launch the editor, it is probably a file type association config thing in windows. You should be able to open VCM Editor and do a file->open and pick your .hpt file.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    There is not.

If we allowed this, it would too easily expose all the work our engineers put into the calibration maps.
    This would be a nice thing today as so many are using hptuners to read cars but now with so many emission functions gone if I was able to convert to bin I could open it using tunercat do my further changes to it then convert it back to use hpt to write it back into the car remotely. It really is a pain on off road vehicles or engine swaps that can no longer turn off cat warm up as it retards the timing for the first 25-30 seconds and on open exhaust it makes it sound like the tune is off and dont know what your doing. Its going to force people to ship cars so people that are using tunercat still can elimainate all of the cat crap correctly and emissions. I would much rather use my hptuners but its now forcing me to go back to tunercat on alot of vehicles as I can still do what I want to on those cars or trucks. As wont do any of this really should at a minimum let the files that get read by the mpvi2 or 3 still work on the older 4,0 version of editor so that way we can at least have a loop hole or work around on people that use the newest equipment but some of us keep around the older versions just for that reason of having all the older tables still. I get covering your asses or what ever the reason is but no work around is causing us to seek out other ways to still do these tunes. Muscle car swaps or tuning in countries with zero emissions all this new stuff is making it really a pain. Im sure falling on deaf ears as this is also older but something that would be nice at this point.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    Right, so the hpt guys should give away their product maps and help you cheat the EPA to make your life easier.

actually tunercat is using the same exact tables so its not giving away anything thats an ignorant comment by someone that has obviously never used other tuning tools.Also a 1969 camaro with an ls or lt in it has no emissions requirements. Off road only vehicles have no emissions requirements.. Russia has none china has none to name a couple places that I do tune cars at in which I guess you dont know that either. I guess your stuck in some shitty state that does lots of emissions tests that must suck.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    Right, so the hpt guys should give away their product maps and help you cheat the EPA to make your life easier.
    and what do you do live to just randomly answer people on a conversation your not part of??? go get a life.

This thread is 8 years old.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...