Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neon SRT-4 Can read tune out of PCM, but can't write. Erase Failed

Tuner in Training

Neon SRT-4 Can read tune out of PCM, but can't write. Erase Failed

I can read the tune out on an SRT-4 Neon fine, but I cannot write to the it. When it tries to erase the PCM, it fails after about 10 seconds. I tried 2 different laptops, Write Cal and Write Entire. I believe this car was previously tuned with something, but we can't find any handheld programmer for it.

What year SRT4? It should be an NGC3. Contact support.

Try hooking a battery charger in low setting, to raise the voltage to 12.5v. A new battery may also help.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Only the stock 2003 Srt-4 uses an early NGC1 PCM, which I do not believe works with HpT so that may be the issue. Stock 2004-2005 and all Mopar Performance PCMs are NG3.

Potential Tuner
    Same issue here. I even tried removing the IOD fuse. No change.

Tuner in Training
    pulled.hpt

It is a 2004 with an NGC3 ECM. I tried it with a battery charger on the car. I am using HP Tuners version 2.25.1468 I can read the current tune out fine, just can't even get past the erase part of writing.

Same issue here...any update?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shanez View Post
    pulled.hpt

It is a 2004 with an NGC3 ECM. I tried it with a battery charger on the car. I am using HP Tuners version 2.25.1468 I can read the current tune out fine, just can't even get past the erase part of writing.
    Try updating your software version. You're about 200 revisions behind.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Anybody have a solution to this? Same problem here

I ended up having a bad pcm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    Anybody have a solution to this? Same problem here

Tuner
    Well that's not good lol

Tuner in Training
    I am having the same issue on a 2004 ecu. My other SRT4 flashes just fine. This one will read but when I go to write it stops at 'erasing' and then says write failed.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone figure this issue out? Mine does the same. Thought maybe bad pcm so I bought a new one. Still fails. Bought a bench test harness to eliminate the car, still fails. Hpt support has no clue why its doing it either.

Senior Tuner
    Boot loader is messed up, when you bought a "new" pcm was it rebuilt or new new?

Have had this happen a few times switching being tuning companies (diablo to HP, Syke to HP).

Tuner
    Early 2004 MY have old boot loaders that hpt doesnt support. Ran into this twice now.

Tuner in Training
    Do you happen to know which boot loaders?

Is there a solution for this? Or do I grab another ecu?

Potential Tuner
    Same here. Pt Cruiser Gt with NGC3. I can read the pcm but it stops during erasing when I want to write the pcm. Funny thing is that I can write the pcm with my diablo tuner! So the boot loader should be okay!? Do I miss something? Please help!

when i had a problem writing the tune .. unplugging the battery for 10 minutes and rebooting pc worked for me.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having this same issue. I'm being told by support that it is a noise issue. Asked me to pull fuses to see if it helps. I'm down to the 3 fuses needed to get the car to key on and still not writing. Anyone get it resolved?

Anyone ever find any kind of fix for this. Having same issues. I can read partial or I can read entire. I can data log. But I can not write the updated tune back to the car.