Thread: srt4 still wont read pcm...

Tuner in Training

srt4 still wont read pcm...

Well i have contacted support and everything, been having bad luck, cant get the hp tuners to read my srt4, keep getting ignition cycle timed out, have tried everything and still nothing. Also have tried 2 other srt4s and same thing ignition cycle timed out? anyone have any type of input maybe an idea of what to try now?? i contacted support asked maybe could it be a faulty box or cord?? and have not got an answer back yet.. im just frustrated still going through same issues...

keith

What year is your SRT4/PCM?

By any chance do you have a turbo timer installed or anything that would prevent the ignition from being powered OFF & ON?

I once was tuning an 05 SRT4 with a turbo timer and it was leaving the ignition ON for 30 seconds so when I key cycled it would time out.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Tuner in Training Dave@BGChrysler's Avatar
    Cammedupsrt4, I verified HPTuners latest Beta this morning on a 2005 SRT4, No problems with upload.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the exact same problem with my 2005 Ram 5.7 hemi. It'll time out on the PCM ignition cycle. I can't get any help from support. The guy that's been emailing me is trying to tell me I have a wiring issue, but I have an SCT tuner and now a Diablosport InTune, that both work just fine. It sucks to spend a bunch of money on a tuner and get little help with resolving a problem.

Tuner in Training
    05 srt and same issue and no help what so ever with support asked for a new cable and told me he cant and its less than a month old smh

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    cammedupsrt4 shoot me an email bill at hptuners.com and I'll have you send in your interface for testing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill i just talked to sales the other day theycare sending me new cables, its brand new less than 30 days and it says ignition cycle timed out, the cables should be in thursday if it doesnt solve the issue i will email you and send my interface in

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    cammedupsrt4 shoot me an email bill at hptuners.com and I'll have you send in your interface for testing.
    Bill I also have a 2005 SRT4 that I just received at the shop and it has a apexi turbo timer. I used the 2.24 and the 2.25 beta to read the VCM and its not having it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alberto

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrPerformance View Post
    Bill I also have a 2005 SRT4 that I just received at the shop and it has a apexi turbo timer. I used the 2.24 and the 2.25 beta to read the VCM and its not having it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alberto
    I'm assuming you already disabled the turbo timer?

Potential Tuner
    OP, or anyone else that knows the answer, I just purchased a new unit and tried to read my 05 srt4 with the exact problem the OP was having. What was the resolution for this issue?

Potential Tuner
    I'm having this problem as well. 04 neon srt4 on a stg 2 ecu. I can log in the scanner, I can get all the info from the ecu, but I can read or write to it. I was told to try a new laptop (nope), different ports (nope) 2.0 USB vs 3.0 USB (nope) all I have left is a bench flash that I have no idea how to do, or a new ecu.

Note I have an old sct xcaliber 2 flasher that will read, wright and return to stock. I have new injectors and turbo on it so I can't really use the flash and my dtec is dead so I can't control boost or fuel.

Really need some help here.

Tuner
    Has your pcm previously been hacked up by diablo sport or something similar in its lifetime?

If its a 202 bootloader then you cant. Only the 203 is covered by hptuners.