Thread: need info on tune a srt8 2007

need info on tune a srt8 2007

hi , i read a files from a charger 2007 srt8 and wow the files is a lot differente then all the gm stuff , what is the base line i need to know for tune them . i meen:

where is the ve table to ajust ,

how can i change the afr and what is the table to change it and how i make the calculation to get the right afr ?

i can i delete the cats ?

thanks for help to find the basic table

Tuner in Training
    Could you send me a copy of the stock file? I'm going to be tuning a '08 SRT8 charger later next week and wanted to see what the format of the file first. The car I'm tuning already has a tune on it (headers/intake car), so I'd like to compare a stock file as well.

how we re-scale the injector ? and where do we see the commended afr ? thanks guys
    p.s camonlyls1 i send you the stock files in pm

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you have Advanced view selected, otherwise you won't see the tables you're asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Make sure you have Advanced view selected, otherwise you won't see the tables you're asking about.
    yeah is selected to advance thanks , i just see ve bank 1 and ve bank 2 , i try to figure out what table i need to take a look to get the afr target and also how to make the calculation for the new injector .

i can use the injpw vs fuel mass to make it richer our leaner but how do i count the % of the ms injpw if i want to lean out 10%

thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tybob View Post
    yeah is selected to advance thanks , i just see ve bank 1 and ve bank 2 , i try to figure out what table i need to take a look to get the afr target and also how to make the calculation for the new injector .

i can use the injpw vs fuel mass to make it richer our leaner but how do i count the % of the ms injpw if i want to lean out 10%

thanks
    You won't want to use the Injector Pulse Width vs. Mass Flow table to make adjustments for a rich or lean condition. If you are looking to lean out or enrich a certain RPM vs Load range, then you would do that via the commanded AFR, which can be found in the FA Power Enrich table.

When you open that table, you will see integers that are expressed in a decimal point, up to the ten thousands place, if memory serves. This value is a representation of the added amount of fuel-to-air ratio above and beyond the already existing and aready defined stoich Fuel-to-Air value found in the tables (there are a total of 3, stoich even, stoich odd, and combined) above the FA Power Enrich table. The value is the inverse of AFR.

I.E. 14.7:1 AFR = .0680 FAR
    11.5:1 AFR = .0870 FAR

In the FA Power Enrich table, you would subtract the stoich value from the total desired value, so .0870 - .0680 = .0190. That means you would use a value of .0190 in the FA Power Enrich table to have a total commanded AFR of 11.5:1. Of course, that would be assuming a stoich value of .0680. If you look at the factory value, you'll notice it is actually something like .0696 (going off memory, here - could be off a little).

I assume that is to compensate for the 10% ethanol that is present in most gasolines now days.

If you command a specific AFR, but then don't get that resulting AFR and you know that your wideband is properly calibrated, it would then be time to start making adjustments to the VE table.

Fuel Mass vs InjPW is the last table you want to even think about playing with for AFR adjustment. It is solely for if you actually change your injectors from stock, then the PCM needs to know their flowrate in order to accurately calculate the required pulsewidth for a given load point vs RPM vs VE vs all other fuel and airflow modifiers.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 02-26-2015 at 05:21 PM.

thanks boosjunky it help to understand how we can get the afr ... those .00xx decimal was so weird when you don't know how to interpret them what about the injector data , how do we know what size injector we have ou how to make the new calculation for bigger size injector ....

thanks you so much your help is very appreciate

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tybob View Post
    thanks boosjunky it help to understand how we can get the afr ... those .00xx decimal was so weird when you don't know how to interpret them what about the injector data , how do we know what size injector we have ou how to make the new calculation for bigger size injector ....

thanks you so much your help is very appreciate
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...s-vs-ipw-table