Thread: '08 SRT8 Charger with odd DTC's?

Tuner in Training

'08 SRT8 Charger with odd DTC's?

This is the first Dodge I'm attempting to calibrate, so forgive my ignorance.

Vehicle Details:
    - 2008 SRT8 Charger
    - Kooks LT headers
    - Kooks high-flow cats
    - Cold Air intake (not sure what brand)
    - Vehicle was tuned by another shop for these existing mods, so I don't have the stock file

All I've done is read the tune and took a quick scan to see if it was throwing any DTC's, which it was. The codes that were thrown are U0100, U110B, and U0164. I'm confused why it's throwing these codes in the first place. Anyone have ideas? Also, I'm surprised it's not throwing any catalysis codes considering none of them are turned off. However, it is showing the readiness tests not complete. I also see there's no option to set the catalysis and O2 codes to "No Error Reported", you can only turn them off?

Anyways, tybob was kind enough to send me a copy of a 2007 SRT8 Charger tune, which I'd assume should be identical to the '08 version. Both are included below. Any assistance with the codes or just advice for tuning Dodges with HPT would be great!

-Shane

CodesBob.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Those are mostly bus messages, Lost communications and such that get logged when flashing or reading.. Here's most of the U code list. I'll add more later. If they're not recurring, just perform a battery disconnect for a few minutes to clear them from the other modules.

U0001-CAN C BUS
    U0101-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH TCM
    U0103-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ELECTRIC GEAR SHIFT MODULE
    U0104-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ACC MODULE
    U0121-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE
    U0141-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH FCM/TIPM
    U0155-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CLUSTER/CCN
    U0168-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH VEHICLE SECURITY CONTROL MODULE (WIN)
    U110A-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SCM (SAS)
    U110C-LOST FUEL LEVEL MESSAGE
    U110E-LOST AMBIENT TEMPERATURE MESSAGE
    U110F-LOST FUEL VOLUME MESSAGE
    U1110-LOST VEHICLE SPEED MESSAGE
    U1113-LOST A/C PRESSURE MESSAGE
    U1120-LOST WHEEL DISTANCE MESSAGE
    U1186-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH CRUISE CONTROL MODULE
    U1403-IMPLAUSIBLE FUEL LEVEL SIGNAL RECEIVED
    U1411-IMPLAUSIBLE FUEL VOLUME SIGNAL RECEIVED
    U1412-IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED
    U1417-IMPLAUSIBLE LEFT WHEEL DISTANCE SIGNAL RECEIVED
    U1418-IMPLAUSIBLE RIGHT WHEEL DISTANCE SIGNAL RECEIVED
    U1431-IMPLAUSIBLE CCM DATA RECEIVED

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response! I'm looking forward to getting started on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by camONLYls1 View Post
    This is the first Dodge I'm attempting to calibrate, so forgive my ignorance.

Vehicle Details:
    - 2008 SRT8 Charger
    - Kooks LT headers
    - Kooks high-flow cats
    - Cold Air intake (not sure what brand)
    - Vehicle was tuned by another shop for these existing mods, so I don't have the stock file

All I've done is read the tune and took a quick scan to see if it was throwing any DTC's, which it was. The codes that were thrown are U0100, U110B, and U0164. I'm confused why it's throwing these codes in the first place. Anyone have ideas? Also, I'm surprised it's not throwing any catalysis codes considering none of them are turned off. However, it is showing the readiness tests not complete. I also see there's no option to set the catalysis and O2 codes to "No Error Reported", you can only turn them off?

Anyways, tybob was kind enough to send me a copy of a 2007 SRT8 Charger tune, which I'd assume should be identical to the '08 version. Both are included below. Any assistance with the codes or just advice for tuning Dodges with HPT would be great!

-Shane

CodesBob.JPG
    I know this is an old thread, however, have a question.
    I to neededd a stock file for the 07 SRT8 I have to compare with my tuned rom. However, when I open this file, I can not see the actual Dodge/Chrysler revision # for the base file that was edited. I had my car updated before any tuning done to the AG revision, which I was told is the latest revision of the 07 SRT8 roms. Any Ideas or do we know this specific rom ID #? Thanks in advance.