Thread: Blinking Power light on interface....won't connect.

Blinking Power light on interface....won't connect.

I'm guessing my interface just got fried. I was tuning a problem car that has been to multiple shops and already lost one ecu at the last place. The last two dyno pulls I made the car actually shut off the winpep dynojet on my dyno's computer. I've seen this once before and it was an electrical interference issue.

After this happened I unstrapped the car and went to flash the tune once more before a final test drive. The flash failed and now I have a blinking power light on the interface when it is hooked up to the car or laptop both combined and individually.

I tested it on another car that I'm tuning and it also fails to locate the interface now when I try to read the file from that car.....

And the problem car obviously won't run now because the flash failed.....nice.

Is my interface screwed up?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like it might be, email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I've just received a new MPVI2 in the mail, and have been trying to resync interface, but it does nothing, just says reading from interface but the green line never loads, and the green power light is also just blinking.

Have you tried a different USB port?
    Possibly the one you were using got fried