Thread: Caliber SRT4 Tuning help wanted

Tuner in Training

Caliber SRT4 Tuning help wanted

Hey there!
    I have a 2008 Caliber SRT4.
    Removed cats and use an CAI.
    Right now I have managed to get the throttle to stay open all the way through the rev band. Stock I had 0,75bar boost.

Now, after removing cats and playing with the program a bit I have managed to get 1,00bar boost and dropping after 4500rpm to about 0,75bar.

What I want to get is about 1,20bar as long through the revs as possible and I try to get some more spark advanced in low revs before boost 1500 - 3000rpm.

Somehow I got stuck with my boost and I didn't manage to get more spark advanced. Maybe someone has am idea and is willing to help me with my file?? Here is stock and my tune so far. Also 2 log file.

I'd appreciated it!
    Thanks a bunch!
    Thomas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    It's really hard to tell without actual AFR readings. Get a wideband installed.

Also, I'm noticing the TPS % never goes above 88-89%, but that might just be the scanner. I would do a test on it though just in case

Tuner in Training
    The throttle at 88-89% is wide open ( 12% @ idle ) so thats good. You still have some limiters to work with ... and need to make sure your TIP pressure is set up as that will indicate boost level. Then you can work with the WG duty after.
    There is a ton of timing that you will need to work on... simply because the factory map is really choppy and you can feel it in partial throttle on the road under light load .. and its very annoying
    stock WG spring is weak, and holding boost over 5500 gets increasingly difficult.
    But you are on the right track

Tuner in Training
    Got the first tune going. Thin runs pretty good. If I would hook up a wideband and could check KR... That would help to get the thing even better!
    But check this tune and log....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

anything different

Quote Originally Posted by RauPower View Post
    Got the first tune going. Thin runs pretty good. If I would hook up a wideband and could check KR... That would help to get the thing even better!
    But check this tune and log....
    did you ever figure out what the afr's are at? not many people tune with hp around my area and i am trying to get this caliber dialed in.

PM me, I may be able to help with afr if you don't have a gauge. KR cannot be read through the scanner you'll have to get an outsource like a standalone gauge or the torque app.