Thread: Nitro Torque Management Trick

Tuner in Training

Nitro Torque Management Trick

When I set all torgue management to disabled, there was no change and timing was still pulled drastically on upshifts. To get full power on upshifts ,I modified the spark table labeled,Minimum Spark Torque Reduction. Also don't disable engine torque management,or it will not idle.

Could it be burst knock pulling timing? I am getting ready to tune a challenger how much torque management was you able to remove? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    No,don't think it is burst knock,timing would drop down to 8 degrees when shifting. I think all torque management is removed,at least the timing part of it. Part throttle upshifts are much firmer,but at full throttle the clutches slip a little. Also if I increase the rev limit,even 200 rpms,will put the trans into limp mode/neutral when shifting past the stock rev limit. The motor feels about done at the stock rev limit any how. Setting the WOT delay to 0 and mph to 0 helped a lot. It will spin the tires from a dead stop,with no brake torquing.

Tuner in Training
    I am also trying to tune out TM on my M6. It sounds like you have an auto. So setting the ESP based TM under the ESP TqMgt to disable had no effect? There are so many TM related tables, it's hard to tell what's what...
    2014 HO SRT8 Core Challenger M6
    Petty Front Strut Bar and HP Tuners Beta

I multiplied it by .5 its working good you can blow the back tires off of this v6 Challenger now torque reduction vs spark table play with some of the other spark tables Dodge went real conservative with their spark reduction

Tuner in Training
    Yea, I just made the made the torque reduction table match the WOT table,except the lower rpms. That way the ESP can still partially work. By the way are you guys able to get any histograms,I can only view the gauges with the 2.24 scanner. This is my first Dodge,so maybe this is normal.

Normal I think they are working it though

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy 6.0 View Post
    Yea, I just made the made the torque reduction table match the WOT table,except the lower rpms. That way the ESP can still partially work. By the way are you guys able to get any histograms,I can only view the gauges with the 2.24 scanner. This is my first Dodge,so maybe this is normal.
    You guys that are making the torque reduction table match the WOT table, is there no concern of disabling the function of the knock sensor system?

I mean, essentially, this table is a minimum allowable spark table, no? Won't setting the values in that table to match the WOT table just make it so that the knock sensor system can't do its job?

Tuner in Training
    No ,there's yet another table for minimum spark. I left that alone,so the timing still retards,when in defuel mode.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy 6.0 View Post
    You have to build your own histograms for dodge. The default ones are for GM and generally won't work with dodge. Information on how to do it can be found in the help files and some of the tutorials in the forum.