Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A8 C7 Z06 File??

The 4.56 first gear is a huge jump downshifting from second or part throttle upshifting to second.

I disabled upshift and downshift TM on the truck and it shifted like sht for a while and then I guess learned new pressures and smoothed out although it is still a little more harsh than stock during normal acceleration. I haven't floored it yet as it is raining.

BTW, all the new tables appeared by just opening my existing file with the new download. I didn't have to reread the ECM/TCM.

Tuner
    I tried the disable function on the upshifts only on my 2015 Stingray, and I am very happy with the way it shifts now in the lower gears. It does feel a little harsh when you start to get above the 4>5 shift, but I feel it is worth it in the lower gears. I know we all have our own opinions on what we feel is ideal, so I am not gonna say this is something for everybody to try. I am an old guy and remember years ago before the computers when we used to manually put in a "shift kit" and we all thought that was the greatest thing on earth, even though it did tend to wear out parts a little sooner than normal. Hopefully there will be a way to individually control each separate shift as this tuning tool becomes more developed.

I agree, I think I would like it if my vette was A8 but I don't think it's right for my truck after putting more miles on it. Going to keep it disabled for power downshifts though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Full read in Beta
    No problem any time