Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuner Lock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeneralLee View Post
    WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! i shouldnt even go any further......i mean clearly the lawsuit would be HPTuners vs CAR company.......but that is obvious.
    This was sarcasm, but even if it wasnt why would HPT sue them? If the manufacturer didnt try to prevent people from getting in HPT wouldnt exist.

Im not sure why this is such a heated topic.: roflmao......because imagine you pay a guy to adjust your HVAC, he adjusts the settings and locks it. well you get a nice new PC, a couple TVS, an AIR Fryer, and now that 72 degrees that felt so good isnt quite enough to keep you comfortable. lets say for example, Tuner-X(aka your HVAC guy) ended up changing career paths and no longer has that number/email...well he locked that HVAC in such a way, you have to buy a new one or try to take it to the dealer and get it serviced. or maybe your tuner died, or maybe he doesnt offer lifetime changes and you changed tire sizes and now he wants another 200$ to change it. the OBVIOUS point is he is trying to copyright tweaking a FORD/GM/DODGE/WHOEVER software for profit.....i would love to see how that played out in court. {want a great example????? look at the raptor grille aftermarket.}
    I get on older ecus it can make it a pain to make changes to an existing tune if your tuner goes out of business or dies. But you are also making it way more of an issue than it really is. Getting around tuner lock on older ecus isnt difficult. However your HVAC analogy here clearly shows you dont grasp the discussion at hand and wont be replying to you again after this. When your HVAC tech is done with the job can you somehow turn around and sell his knowledge/work 100x's over? Yea... didnt think so.

knowing they are going to tune around and use it for their financial gain?: so they KNOW every single person will sell THEIR EXACT tune and make financial gain?????? wow are they spying on me? they got me wiretapped and cammed???? MAN if EVERYONE is selling tunes.....who is buying them????? what the literal F are you even saying?
    You are naive if you dont think this happens. Tuning companies have literally been started in this fashion.

On lots of newer cars you can get away with the same tune for many cars, as opposed to custom tuning each one.: this is only true for super generic tunes that make minimal gains and even then sometimes have issues based on location and vehicle strategy........so ya maybe need this introduction-that over there is a hole in the ground, and that thing you are talking out of is your A.
    This isnt the 90's anymore, you are way out of touch. As advanced as some of these bosch and siemens ecus are nowadays an off the shelf/generic tune will get you 90%+ of the way there that a custom tune will. I come from the european performance market and many of them use such tunes and its not uncommon for these small displacement turbo cars pick up 60+hp/80+tq and run great on off the shelf tunes and sell tens of 1,000's of them a year.

Not sure why you are so fired up over something you clearly dont understand but you really should try to calm down and have a nice day.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I believe this thread has gone past the point of no return, can't we all just get along? lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"