Thread: 2005 LLY Tune Problem

Tuner in Training

2005 LLY Tune Problem

Ok, I'm a novice on HPT, so be easy on me. Working on Father-in-laws C3500. I have tried my own 20/20 tune, but wasn't happy with results, too "peaky". So I followed the "McRats 20/20" guide and we really like this tune. Only issue we notice is the Idle. For lack of a better description, it lopes? or as he says, it "chuckles". I'm thinking an injector timing issue, but looking for advise from the skilled tuners on here. Thanks in advance. Tune files attached, I hope.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like you have increased injector pw at idle you can return all cells from 30mm down back to stock

Potential Tuner
    no need to change fuel at idle unless you want more smoke

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the insight guys. Made changes to tune, will go out and reflash shortly. Ill post up results.

Thanks again!

Tuner in Training
    ok, made the suggested changes to the tune. Re-flashed to vehicle, started it and everything sounded great. He calls me this morning, and said its back doing the same thing. Chuckling/loping idle. So, do yall think this is a fuel qty issue? or a timing issue?

Post current tune and do a data log and post it too with fuel pressure and mm3 pids in the table

Potential Tuner
    xxxx2

Tuner in Training
    Put stock tune on it and see if it still does it. If it does then it's probably the FPR (Fuel Press. Regulator)

i agree w holland

Tuner in Training
    EGR issue?

Potential Tuner
    look at the PW tables (main pw, main pw no pilot and pilot pw) they are really high. I would put those back closer to stock. I don't know what else is changed over stock but the pw tables for the mild tune I did on my lb7 was just the all the pw tables multiplied by 1.2 and it worked good.

If it is fluctuating at an idle just slightly every three to five seconds a slight surge then drop it is a FPR causing the issue

Tuner in Training
    let me know what results you get i was having the same issue with a lly i am tuning