Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Users: Help files and Demos

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07cobaltsupercharged View Post
    No matter what I try I cant get it to work right using the instructions given to do the boost. It wont log boost at all and past logs dont show it either. All it logs is a constant number when in boost and it doesnt change. I must be doing something wrong or calculation is wrong or ???

Solution 1
    Create a user defined PID and insert into the table as follows:

* Name: Boost
    * Abbrv: Boost
    * Sensor: Manifold Absolute Pressure
    * Units: PSI
    * Function: [PID.11.IMP]-14.5

How it works: The scanner will convert map into absolute PSI & subtract atmospheric pressure. You shouldn't have to change your histograms, charts, gauges etc. as they all log as sensor based by default.

Solution 2
    This method is similar but uses [SENS.30.IMP]-14.5 as the function
    Demo walks you through it step by step http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=40 and works flawlessly with the newest public version 2.22
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

No matter what I try I cant get it to work right using the instructions given to do the boost. It wont log boost at all and past logs dont show it either. All it logs is a constant number when in boost and it doesnt change. I must be doing something wrong or calculation is wrong or ???

Solution 1
    Create a user defined PID and insert into the table as follows:

* Name: Boost
    * Abbrv: Boost
    * Sensor: Manifold Absolute Pressure
    * Units: PSI
    * Function: [PID.11.IMP]-14.5

How it works: The scanner will convert map into absolute PSI & subtract atmospheric pressure. You shouldn't have to change your histograms, charts, gauges etc. as they all log as sensor based by default.

Solution 2
    This method is similar but uses [SENS.30.IMP]-14.5 as the function]
    do this
    Name = Boost
    Abbrv = Boost
    Sensor = (Leave Blank)
    Units = PSI
    Function = [sens.30.psi]-14.5038 if using the beta or [sens.30.imp]-14.5038 if using 2.22
    theres a change to the units system in the beta...

your problem may be that you are trying to tell 2 things to be might be averaging things..which would get you wacky #'s that make it not show correctly

also make sure you load the 2 bar map sensor in the table display...if you are logging just Manifold Absolute pressure (SAE) its not going to get past 105kpa no matter what you do...
    so load Manifold Absolute Pressure (2bar) instead of the regular normal one
    Last edited by S2H; 03-29-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer View Post
    also make sure you load the 2 bar map sensor in the table display...if you are logging just Manifold Absolute pressure (SAE) its not going to get past 105kpa no matter what you do...
    so load Manifold Absolute Pressure (2bar) instead of the regular normal one
    I dont see a option to load a Manifold Absolute Pressure (2bar) unless thats the "[SENS.30]" for the function string? when im user defining the table pids. All I see for options in the list is Manifold Absolute Pressure & Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE). Im like totally missing this which ticks me off as ive already tuned the car and cant figure this little thing out!

Im seeing way too much boost (39 psi) the way I have it set up and just cant figure it out.. I need to go to bed and sleep on it!
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 03-29-2009 at 07:05 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I dont see a option to load a Manifold Absolute Pressure (2bar) unless thats the "[SENS.30]" for the function string? when im user defining the table pids. All I see for options in the list is Manifold Absolute Pressure & Manifold Absolute Pressure (SAE). Im like totally missing this which ticks me off as ive already tuned the car and cant figure this little thing out!

Im seeing way too much boost (39 psi) the way I have it set up and just cant figure it out.. I need to go to bed and sleep on it!

If you are reading a 1 bar map sensor you'll never be able to read boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

If you are reading a 1 bar map sensor you'll never be able to read boost.
    Yes I now know that....

However the instructions I read and video demo I watched failed to mention that as I was just following the video demo exactly and it wasnt working. No biggie I really dont need to log boost was just gonna do it for the heck of it.....Learn something new everyday....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes I now know that....

However the instructions I read and video demo I watched failed to mention that as I was just following the video demo exactly and it wasnt working. No biggie I really dont need to log boost was just gonna do it for the heck of it.....Learn something new everyday....
    The demo was made for my GTP which has a 2 bar sensor installed stock so there was really no need to mention it as originally thats what it was meant for.

-Bill

Maybe you can fix the focus problem with this vid?

MAP To Boost Vid

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I can see it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I can see it just fine.
    Hmmm? It's very, very small on my 15" laptop @ 1280 X 800. I cannot differentiate between commas or decimal points. Out of focus for me.

I'm out of town and will look at it on my 21's when I get home. I have no probs with other vids.

Otherwise if no one else is complaining...............

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah I just make them as I see them, redoing them just to redo them isn't something I'm going to do. I have a pretty good std size I use now for my video's, this one was a bit older when I was still playing with the software.

can some one please list the steps to start my VA table on a 1998 f body so I can do SD program sorry to ask but it is my first time and I dont know what to turn off or settings to make before I start to tune thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    disconnect maf sensor then tune, not really that difficult.

We tryed that to day and I had another tuner help me and we maxed the ve table out car barley ran at 18 to 1 afr with 50# injectors put the ve table back plug maf in car runs good put your 3 bar os in now we can tune with ve rite but now I guess I need 3 bar map I do not know how to rescale table to use factory ls3 map we turned off all the stuff that the instruction say to in the help section of hpt but you say to just on plug maf I am confused witch way to do it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tune time View Post
    We tryed that to day and I had another tuner help me and we maxed the ve table out car barley ran at 18 to 1 afr with 50# injectors put the ve table back plug maf in car runs good put your 3 bar os in now we can tune with ve rite but now I guess I need 3 bar map I do not know how to rescale table to use factory ls3 map we turned off all the stuff that the instruction say to in the help section of hpt but you say to just on plug maf I am confused witch way to do it
    We don't offer a 3 bar custom operating system for 98 LS1 pcm's

Sorry I meant two bar and I also screwed up with the two bar we can change the ve and it starts to work but we could not log it with the stock ls3 map i changed the map scaling to about 94 kps and no it loges rite on the afr histo but it wont let me do a special past to the primary ve table it says clip board incorrect format I wish some on could post a screen shot of what my histo set up should look like for the afr correction table I have watched the help vids and looked at the help files but im still doing something wrong here is a pic of my afr histo any help would help thanks and the x and y tables match the VE table

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tune time View Post
    Sorry I meant two bar and I also screwed up with the two bar we can change the ve and it starts to work but we could not log it with the stock ls3 map i changed the map scaling to about 94 kps and no it loges rite on the afr histo but it wont let me do a special past to the primary ve table it says clip board incorrect format I wish some on could post a screen shot of what my histo set up should look like for the afr correction table I have watched the help vids and looked at the help files but im still doing something wrong here is a pic of my afr histo any help would help thanks and the x and y tables match the VE table
    This is covered in the creating & saving a custom histogram demo http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/customhisto.swf opening a histogram http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...dhistogram.swf and the one named Where to find your .os, .cfg, & .hst files-NEW!

We try to make the information as easy to find as possible.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 11-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlagrua View Post
    Yes but a general tuning guide would help. In other words things like MAF readings used to set the fuel trims.
    How acceleration enrichment is set? Which tables afftect it and how?
    How power enrichment is set. etc.
    Here you have a nice editor and no instructions on how to even begin a tune
    An explanation of the relationships in the tables in the editor to the affect that they will have, especially on fueling would be welcome.
    it would be nice to just see a general order for the tunning process on a stock LS1. at least that would give a general over view of the tunning process. just my .02

oh, and this thread should be made a sticky so it doesn't fall into the other threads. Great Bill!
    Last edited by printmanjackson; 12-10-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Potential Tuner
    hey, case relearn demo is great, BUT, it doesn't work with my 08 trailblazer ss. it starts out just fine until i start revving, then keeps saying tps is too high. no matter how slow i press the pedal, once i get around 2000 rpm,tps too high message comes on. any ideas? thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I been wanting to see the demos but i cant never open them, the page stays blank, do i need a program to download? i have windows vista....

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    I been wanting to see the demos but i cant never open them, the page stays blank, do i need a program to download? i have windows vista....
    you need to have flash player installed

go to www.adobe.com and download the latest flash player
    -Scott -