Thread: 6.0 dyno?

Tuner in Training

6.0 dyno?

Has anyone run a 6.0 on the dunno yet? I'm getting ready to do my first pulls with one next week.
    Last edited by 63chevy; 03-17-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo

Tuner in Training judeisnotobscure's Avatar
    Here is my truck on what apparently is a weak sauce ficm tune running 24 psi, otherwise stock. I'll be adding a bit more fuel when my chip socket comes in for the ficm... currently I'm removing the chip from the board to write it. This truck needs an ecu tune badly as the throttle is very sluggish until the coolant temps come up. Still waiting for my ecu to be supported but they said it's coming in the next update so that makes me happy
    I'll also get a stock pull when my eprom socket comes in.... don't want to keep soldering on the board.

Tuner in Training
    I will post a dyno run tomarrow but last week i got a stock 6.0 powerstroke to almost make 500hp with just a lift pump. it has studs. on the edge of fueling limits. drives smooth and is smoke free.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Yeah I've seen a truck make 500 with nothing more than regulated fuel return system and a pump. The tuning was a bit aggressive but it worked,.

Tuner in Training
    I still need to upload dyno sheet but it can be done with a regulated return and lift pump. head studs are a good idea. It can be done smoke free. and with a stock transmission and shifts perfect.

Tuner in Training
    Damn that's cool. I'd like to see that dyno sheet when you get a chance. Any tips on what you did to get there?