Thread: LM1 box AFR doesn't match scanner AFR?

Tuner

LM1 box AFR doesn't match scanner AFR?

I've run into a somewhat strange problem that I'm not sure how to remedy. I tried searching, but either wasn't using the right words or they were too short, one or the other.

Anyway, here's the situation. I'm using an LM1 with the sensor in the offroad pipe on the passenger side, angled at about 30 degree's downward into the pipe. At lower RPM's (<4000), the AFR in the scanner is showing up as 13.0-13.1 even though the box is reading 14.6-14.7. All cells under 4000RPM show +/- 1 on the LTFT's. At higher RPM's I haven't really been able to compare yet since its hard to collect data at high RPM and watch both devices.

Is this a matter of a value not being calibrated right or is it more a matter of wideband sensor position?
    2016 Camaro SS

I would say its got to do with settings. I would think postion just would make senser not last as long.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman
    I would say its got to do with settings. I would think postion just would make senser not last as long.
    I assumed it was a setting as well, but I have no clue how/where to adjust it. As far as positioning and lifespan goes, I don't think how I have it positioned would impact lifespan negatively, but thats a debate for another thread. I need help solving this AFR issue.
    2016 Camaro SS

Tuner
    Okay, apparently this is not a new issue. I searched using EIO and LM1 and came up with some information, but nothing definitive.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=LM1+EIO
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=LM1+EIO

There are more similar posts, but they all say the same thing. I'm using the default .5-10v LM1 data, so how do I view the current formula to correct what I'm dealing with? Right clicking the wideband PID doesn't give me the option to edit anything.
    2016 Camaro SS

Potential Tuner
    i got the same problem with the LC-1. dynotune gauge reads way lean...EIO reads way rich. The car smells like fuel (with cats) so I tend to believe Hptuners but not sure. The LC-1 comes pre-programmed for the dynotune gauge so that might be the problem. I'm just not smart enough to know how to fix it.

Tuner
    Okay, might have found my problem. I won't be able to try it out until tomorrow night though. The output from the LM1 isn't set to 0-5v right now (it was set up for a Mustang dyno), so hopefully setting that properly will cure the discrepancy.

Make sure to check the voltage out vato, maybe thats what the problem is for both of us.
    2016 Camaro SS

Tuner
    Did a little preliminary testing and I think that solved my problem. Idle cells were 14.5-14.7 which matches up with the 0 LTFT's.

The LM1 had the output set to something like 1.5v to 4v. Setting the range as 0-5v was the only change I made.
    2016 Camaro SS

I've had this problem before as well...when I installed my XD-1 (hooked up to my LC-1), it wasn't agreeing with what HPTuners was showing me. I had programmed the wrong analog output (1 instead of 2)...oops. I'm retarded sometimes.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130