Thread: Hellcat Unleashed

Exclamation Hellcat Unleashed

Yes, the rumors are true.
    The first two Hellcats to have their DNA altered!!!

Without the ability to alter a late model vehicle's PCM making changes to the engine is fruitless. HP Tuners realizes this and has been hard at work adding support for the Big 3's latest offerings. The most challenging has been the 2015 Dodge Hellcat. On Friday the 13th, 2015, HP Tuners worked with Serious Horsepower and Unleashed Tuning so two such Challenger Hellcat's could have their DNA altered.

Unleashed Tuning-Torrie McPhail
    Stock 647WHP 585 WTQ
    Unleashed 680 WHP 616 WTQ

Unleashed Tuning Hellcat Video

Serious Horsepower
    Stock 652 WHP 585 WTQ
    Serious Tuned 687 RWP 611 WTQ

Serious Horsepower Hellcat Video

Given the talent behind the keyboard and different weather conditions between Toledo, Oh and Houston, TX HP Tuners is confident that these gains are representative of what a stock Hellcat can do with a tune, and HP Tuners is proud to be the FIRST to offer it!

For more information regarding HP Tuners, contact [email protected]

HellcatDyno3.jpgHellcat3.png

Mark

Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 03-18-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added links to videos

Tuner in Training
    Now we're talkin'!
    Edwin P. Gregory III
    SOUTHERN HOTROD, LLC
    2230 Richland St.
    Kenner, LA 70062
    SOUTHERNHOTROD.com
    888-BIG-HEMI

Tuner in Training
    Are these a part of the newest betas , or is this just a closed house example looking forward to doing a few of these myself

Quote Originally Posted by DRTurbo View Post
    Are these a part of the newest betas , or is this just a closed house example looking forward to doing a few of these myself
    They are part of the latest beta but you need to be given access to it. 2015 Dodge tuning is a bit different as it involves modifying the PCM. When you're ready to tune one, contact Sales.
    I will eventually write up a thread on tuning 2015s but the details aren't quite ironed out yet.

Is that specific to Hellcat or will it be like that for all 2015+ Dodge?
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Thanks for the tease, showing that there is an attachment and when you open the thread instead of there being a stock hellcat file, it's a picture...

Quote Originally Posted by yonson View Post
    Thanks for the tease, showing that there is an attachment and when you open the thread instead of there being a stock hellcat file, it's a picture...
    Your welcome . As of right now, the Hellcat file can only be opened if you have permission to do so anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Is that specific to Hellcat or will it be like that for all 2015+ Dodge?
    Most likely this way for all 2015 Dodge vehicles. Like I said above, once the details are ironed out I will post a thread regarding tuning 2015 vehicles including the Hellcat. If you have specific questions now about tuning 2015 Dodge vehicles you can PM me or email Sales
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 03-21-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Just a quick update on this to remove any doubt or confusion, seems like there are so many "experts" out there, lol...

The Hellcat ECM needs to be "unlocked" before you can tune in the regular way via OBD2 connector. This requires the ECM cover to be removed, a tiny but critical software change is made to the existing code and then the cover is replaced. There's no loading a 2014 software or some other software from a Jeep or anything like that, we don't send you back a mystery ECM that we prepared earlier. The software change doesn't require any physical changes to the hardware of your ECM, not one! The cover needs to come off to access internal communications lines on the board to make the software change.

Once we have the pricing and order process of the "unlocking" service sorted we will update our orders page and make an announcement (very soon). In the meantime contact [email protected] for info.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Wow...they really didn't make it easy, did they?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    Chris is alive! I don't think I've seen a post from him in a long time.

I saw a post from Ken awhile ago and almost fainted.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Chris is alive! I don't think I've seen a post from him in a long time.

I saw a post from Ken awhile ago and almost fainted.
    haha, you can rest assured I'm still here working day and night for HPT even if I don't frequent the forums as often.
    I count sheep in hex...

Please put me on this list when this gets released.. will be creating a hellcat package once I can get some tuning and see how much more boost we can out of the blower without an upper or lower pulley as the 2nd throttlebody acts as a bypass valve. Can't say if it opens fully yet since I haven't locked it.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

If a read is needed from a GCC spec Challenger Hellcat please let me know

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    Please put me on this list when this gets released.. will be creating a hellcat package once I can get some tuning and see how much more boost we can out of the blower without an upper or lower pulley as the 2nd throttlebody acts as a bypass valve. Can't say if it opens fully yet since I haven't locked it.
    Its already released. Email sales for pricing details.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    from the testing we've seen the bypass is fully closed and the throttle fully open. There's no more boost to come without a pulley swap. With regards to the 2nd throttle body, I think it's more correct to say "dodge used a throttle body as a bypass valve"
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Awesome news! Good to hear that in the meantime the encryption/signing protection can be patched out, and we can tune the beast.

Do we need to still read the PCM and send the file along with the ECM? Or do we just send the ECM?

P.S.
    One day they will go with secure boot, and some tamper detection and stock ecm tuning will get MUCH harder.
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 04-13-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Awesome news! Good to hear that in the meantime the encryption/signing protection can be patched out, and we can tune the beast.

Do we need to still read the PCM and send the file along with the ECM? Or do we just send the ECM?

P.S.
    One day they will go with secure boot, and some tamper detection and stock ecm tuning will get MUCH harder.
    It is not necessary to read the stock PCM before sending it in for modification. I can always read it once it arrives. It just helps give me more time to map out the operating system if the OS loaded on the PCM isn't done yet. Either way is just fine.

Potential Tuner
    can you raise shift points and delete rear o2's with is system ?