Thread: 4.6L 3v to lean problem....

4.6L 3v to lean problem....

Hello , i have a problem in calibration of Mustang 4.6L 3V 2008, its fully built car with stroker 5.0, cams , headers and KennyBell supercharger. When we run WOT everything works just fine, but during transition i have real problem, if say we run steady something like 1750rpm... on 3rd and need to accelerate and put light throttle to say about 30% - KB supercharger starts to blow really fast and puting boost up to 0.3-0.5+ Bar... in this condition im getting extremally LEAN afr up to 17-18 (((( tryied different ways but still can not fight this lean problem - any idea what table or parameter can we change to solve the problem?
    Last edited by Stez; 03-19-2015 at 12:16 PM.

looks like the lwfm tables are still stock. try adding around 40% to both tables to see if it helps. also enable anticipation logic

really need to log load, rpm, throttle position and input the correct load values

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    looks like the lwfm tables are still stock. try adding around 40% to both tables to see if it helps. also enable anticipation logic

really need to log load, rpm, throttle position and input the correct load values
    Thanks for reply! Please confirm just to make sure, lwfm do you mean Load with failed Maf tables? and for anticipation logic you meant to Enable MAF adaptation? in that case i will need to turn off Cylair filter, right?

I tryed to move lwfm table upper but thats not help ((( also tried to turn on adaptive maf - but that doesnt hepl as well. I logged fuel pressure as well for this problem - fuel pressure is ok and jumps up correspondingly to boost raise but AFR still go down to 18 at the same time ((( anymore idea why injectors do not inject normal afr for that case?

Too bad we cant log Injector DC ((( 2.25 scanner whould hepl i guess....

The only idea that come into my head - is that PCM has some MAF flow filter - which thinks that that big Flow on so low RPM is false and do not inject coresponding amount of fuel...
    Last edited by Stez; 03-20-2015 at 09:04 AM.

yes load w failed maf both tables and enable cylair anticipation

Please check another log - may be it will be more informative. I tryed with lwmf and Cylair filter - nothing has effect. The feeling is like injectors just cant inject in time right amount of fuel according to boost raise... i guess boost enrichment could help, but there is no one in the calibration ((((

Tuner in Training
    I had the same problem and it helped to lower intake volume to 5-6liters. I suspect that software still counts with natural aspirated speed of air through intake so it do not react fast enough on transitions when you have forced induction. I can confirm it by logs too as MAF airmass peaked, but calculated load was delayed after that - that's why is there lean spot

THANK YOU! i will try, we put 10.8 L volume for intake manifold - i also thought that it can be wrong but havent chance to try to lower it yet.... i'll try to put 5-6L as you advise - i guess it should help. Thanks again!

Tuner
    Ive read that what ever your blower size is is the manifold volume number (i.e. 2.3 liter kenne bell now is a 2.3 liter manifold.)

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    max some changes to SD tables
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

O2 Sensor B2S1 show allways lean!