Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: ** MPVI Firmware v118 *ANNOUNCEMENT* **

I’ve been following this thread since its origin, thanking my lucky stars that I’ve not suffered from this problem that so many of you have. Well, I ran out of lucky stars. After data logging mass airflow transfer tables, I made my first series of corrections to the calibrations in the tune and flashed the changes. When data logging to examine the results of those changes the scanner gave me an error message that I needed at least one PID to scan. When checking the Table, nothing had changed. All the standard PID’s and three custom PID’s where there.

I contacted HPT support, whose response was to “download the current version.” Did that and set up a new config file that included the three Custom PID’s I’ve been using for years. While connected and scanning, all the PID’s, including custom PID’s were reporting data in the Table. When checking a histogram (that has worked for years) reported "This histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters." When going back to the table, suddenly half the PID’s reported that they were not supported.

When presenting this latest problem, supports response was, “Unfortunately we do not perform any in house tuning or calibration work nor we give advice on how to create custom histograms. For free tuning advice please visit our user help forum.” What a cop out!

So, I uninstalled version 2,24.1168, cleaned the registry, made sure there were no programs remnants, rebooted and reinstalled. I opened the application and half the PID’s in the stock table were greyed out reporting unsupported. Still waiting for a response from support.

It is clearly becoming recognizable that HPTuners is in serious turmoil. The glitch that this thread follows, best practices should have patched it in less than a month, nonetheless, still unresolved. Their systematic method for managing the provisions of services to their customers and product management dealing with the product planning is imaginary.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Go to my documents-hptuners-vcm scanner-vehicles folder and delete all the files within it. This will force the scanner to repoll for the available pids.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Any update on an ETA for fixing stand alone logging?

For the love of God.. don't say 2 weeks
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1 fortnight

Well played.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Honestly at this time we have no eta, we've been working in the background on fixing it but have ran into some issues in doing so that have complicated things some.

Could we maybe get you to work on it in the FOREGROUND. This is an advertised feature, you paste a link to the software that breaks the product on your home page, you give no warning of the issue when you clearly know there is one and are only dedicating background resources to fixing it with on ETA after many months.

Not good. Please fix the data logging.

I just downloaded the .118 update and now have the MPVI logging problem. I found out about the problem at the dragstrip when I tried to turn on the logging.
    There should be a BIG note on the upgrade link NOT TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE IF YOU ARE USING STANDALONE LOGGING!!! How hard would that be?
    I don't read thru 11 pages of posts before doing an update. I looks like this has been happening since April? Why is there no WARNING about this in September?

This is NOT how good business is done. Unreal.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    Just found out last night my standalone has ceased to work on a vehicle that it used to work on, nor does it work on the other vehicles in my driveway now either. I plug it in, connect, open the standalone screen, write config, disconnect usb, start vehicle, press record......repeat over and over and still NOTHING....... Is my problem similar to what has been discussed here?
    Give this a whirl.

Key in run position
    hit record
    wait for data light to start going.

start vehicle.

I have had to do this method on damn near everything now since this firmware update.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

That's worked for you on newer GM vehicles?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

AREA47--I ran right out, plugged in the table and tried this. All that I got was the busy light first, then the error light. Never got to the starting the engine part. Logging works for me if the computer is hooked up. 05 GTO, E40

I plugged it into my 13 Silverado and the same thing.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 09-21-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Histograms fail all the time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by seevi View Post
    Histograms fail all the time.
    histograms have nothing to do with firmware, might be best to post scanner issues here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Now-Available

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    That's worked for you on newer GM vehicles?
    08 and newer ones i have to do that on. it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    AREA47--I ran right out, plugged in the table and tried this. All that I got was the busy light first, then the error light. Never got to the starting the engine part. Logging works for me if the computer is hooked up. 05 GTO, E40

I plugged it into my 13 Silverado and the same thing.
    worked before firmware update, doesn't work after. sounds like a firmware issue.

same with the way the scanner has issues now.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    Want to send me the software and build environment so I can fix this issue for you? I can't believe you guys turned someone lose without a list of requirements that included "don't break shit that already works". I'm also dumbfounded as to why you haven't figured out a solution to let us retroactively use the 'old' firmware. Could you please put some effort into fixing this as it seems there has been no effort to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by cr133r View Post
    Want to send me the software and build environment so I can fix this issue for you? I can't believe you guys turned someone lose without a list of requirements that included "don't break shit that already works". I'm also dumbfounded as to why you haven't figured out a solution to let us retroactively use the 'old' firmware.
    Seconded. If you guys have too much damn pride to admit you can't fix something or you're that protective of your I.P., get with one of these guys in private and let them fix it for you. I'm sure they'd be happy to do it for free.

...and as you can clearly see, everybody has an ingrained understanding that when you have a functioning product and you break something significant in an effort to improve it, you don't just say "meh" and release it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post
    Seconded. If you guys have too much damn pride to admit you can't fix something or you're that protective of your I.P., get with one of these guys in private and let them fix it for you. I'm sure they'd be happy to do it for free.

...and as you can clearly see, everybody has an ingrained understanding that when you have a functioning product and you break something significant in an effort to improve it, you don't just say "meh" and release it anyway.
    +1 for that solution!
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    histograms have nothing to do with firmware, might be best to post scanner issues here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Now-Available
    Perhaps this post may be better suited for another conversation, but considering the problems plaguing the software, the current software is a marvilious environment for coincidence. If a normally tracked PID in the table reports a value, and that value is not tracked in a histogram, something is broken. This process worked effecently 6 months ago but doesn't work now, so I have to ask what happened 6 months ago. Best Practices would suggest if you cannot fix the problem in house, the house is the problem and it's time to go outside!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We are fixing it in house.