Thread: New to Ford tuning BA XR6T

Tuner

New to Ford tuning BA XR6T

Hi all.
    I am new to these forums and I would like a little bit of input on tuning a BA XR6 turbo manual.
    This will be the first Ford I have tuned and need to just confirm what tables I will be adjusting. I have had years experience tuning forced motors with tunerpro but only had experience with HPtuners tuning LS1s and LS2s.
    the vehicle is 2002 manual with 15psi wastegate actuator, bosch 440cc injectors, plazman intercooler setup and that's it. I know it is right on its limits maybe ie. valve springs, possibly injectors.
    The tables I have been studying for my main fueling are airflow/general/speed destiny -map at zero (MAP at zero Airmass IMRC open), and/or fuel/open loop -base map. are these the main maps to modify?
    I also assume the values for over boost and under boost will also need a touch up from stock file.

any input would be greatly appreciated guys.

Tuner
    ok so had a bit of a play tonight. All bottom end and cruise fueling seems very good, although on boost through out the rev range at half or above throttle the car will surge like it is starving yet AFRs seem ok, 11.5 - 12.2. I have set the desired boost tables to 50kpa max for the moment . have I fudged something already doing this?
    it has bosch 968 440cc injectors fitted, I have calculated the high and low slope as listed, please correct me I may be wrong?
    low slope- 72lbh
    high slope- 49lbh
    break point- 0.00001660lb

thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    tris909, not sure of you base knowledge but you should have a look at:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...n-Ford-Turbo-6

To get some idea on the speed density side.

And I would use hiddeous injector parameters from:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post372512

And the desired boost table units are in inHg, so if you set that to 50 then you are asking for about 25lbs boost. 15lbs boost with those injectors might be a bit of a struggle but it depends on what lambda/revs/boost you are running/getting.

There is lots of great info in these forums and there is also a good search engine to find it.

Potential Tuner
    Hi tris, I have a similar issue. Did you figure this out? If so, what was the cause? Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Same issue here, Try this

Tuner in Training
    hey guys, hoping somebody may might be in the right direction look for some information on getting the best drivability around town, eg playing with cam timing, caming etc. its for a BA xr6t