Thread: License cost:

Tuner in Training

License cost:

We are now using our 4th license upgrade at $199 to our existing VCM Suite Pro serial. It is my understanding that we have to pay $399 per license hereafter if we want to use this package which in my opinion is cost prohibitive which possibly will cause us to go back to our previous vendor. So far the average cost of the first four averaged approx a reasonable $225 ea, which invites the question, why don't we just start over with a new VCM Suite Pro package? OK, I know it's a dumb question so, even dumber, what am I missing?

Advanced Tuner
    w/the old pricing structure, first 4 were 199 each then 399 after that... I believe their reasoning is that if you need more than 4 year/model licenses then you're likely not a do it yourselfer, but more of a shop

However, if you get a new unit (USB Units) then you will follow the credit system... 299 for unlimited (6 credits), 99 dollars (2 credits) for VIN locked (for Gen III motors) etc... (pricing is on order page)

You then have the option of using VIN locked (so if you only tune 1 2004 Vette) , and these Vin Locked credits apply towards the unlimited (so you don't have to pay the 299 up front if you don't think you'll need it... and if you find out later you've tuned enough vehicles to need it, you can use your VIN credits as a discount towards the unlimited year/model)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by CSTMTNR
    We are now using our 4th license upgrade at $199 to our existing VCM Suite Pro serial. It is my understanding that we have to pay $399 per license hereafter if we want to use this package which in my opinion is cost prohibitive which possibly will cause us to go back to our previous vendor. So far the average cost of the first four averaged approx a reasonable $225 ea, which invites the question, why don't we just start over with a new VCM Suite Pro package? OK, I know it's a dumb question so, even dumber, what am I missing?
    The $199 initial 4 price was provided in the absence of a VIN locking scheme. We now have a single vehicle license scheme on the USB interface, in addition to the existing year/model and tunershop package.

If you upgrade to USB the price for an ls1 year/model is $299.

We also have an upgrade credits program that counts licenses towards the next highest license. eg. single vehicle (VIN) to year/model. You pay a small premium but the entry cost and risk is reduced.

I suggest you take a look at our Credit FAQ for more info and examples of how the new system reduces the risk and entry cost for weekend tuners and small shops while protecting your investment.

The answer to your second question is we don't ship serial interfaces anymore.

Cheers,

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...