Thread: anyone I can buy a start up program for twin turbo LS2 blow through?

anyone I can buy a start up program for twin turbo LS2 blow through?

05 GTO with 402 LS2 twin turbo. Looking for someone who I can buy a start up program, just to get the car running. I will tune from there. The part I cannot find from searching here is 75# injector files, what to do (exactly) to the maf to delay pegging, etc. I have a lot of efi tuning experience with FAST, Gen VII, and SCT Racer Pro on a Lightning, but none on a GM with HPTuners.

Willing to pay, just need a bit of help to start. I have a BigStuff 3 system coming but it is delayed and the car is ready to start; have the HPTuners stuff here.

Jody
    Last edited by camcojb; 03-14-2006 at 08:43 PM.

go through horist's site, its in the stickies up top, bunch of tunes you can search through.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by ws6firebirdta00
    go through horist's site, its in the stickies up top, bunch of tunes you can search through.
    Thanks. I searched there, there's only one tune for an 05 GTO, and it's basically stock.

I'll keep hanging out hoping someone with some experience can get me started. If this was one of my aftermarket systems I could easily get it up and running. It's a little tough with this one and nobody has injector files, etc. With the SCT system I had they at least had that stuff so you could start the truck and then tune from there. Someone must know how to do it, or else my car is untunable with HPTuners. I'll gladly pay for just a start.

Jody

so what are all the mods? ive never done a boosted application so about the only thing i would be sketchy on is the timing values. if you need some help with things id be more than happy to help you. what injectors are you runnin? what are they rated at and what style are they?
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

so what are all the mods? ive never done a boosted application so about the only thing i would be sketchy on is the timing values. if you need some help with things id be more than happy to help you. what injectors are you runnin? what are they rated at and what style are they?

402 LS2. 75# injectors, stock maf. Twin GT3072's and about 14 psi to start. ET 245 heads, 8:1 compression. Motor done by Wheel 2 Wheel. Running pump gas and alky injection. Also using an LPE fuel pump (single 255 Walbro) with KB boostapump. Injectors are high impedance and rated at 43.5 psi, but my car runs at 58 psi I believe.

My main concerns are getting an injector value close enough to run, and what to do about pegging the maf.

Jody

so you wont be SD then? i *think* the MAF, or at least thought, it maxed at about 7-10#s

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4742

that is in the sticky at the top of the page, just put the info in there and it will spit out your injector ratings to 0 vacuum, do you have a tuen you can post i can check out?

so you wont be SD then? i *think* the MAF, or at least thought, it maxed at about 7-10#s

Yeah, I've heard that but I also know tuners go beyond that; just not sure what they do. I wanted speed density, but there isn't any 2 bar coverage for the LS2 yet, which is why I ordered the BigStuff 3 aftermarket system. But if I can avoid having to wire that in and do a decent tune with the maf I'm all over it. I will be doing sd as soon as HPTuners supports it.

Jody

ok got ya, i would like to learn some more stuff about forced induction as well, such as how the fuel pressure is referenced ect.

anyone have any good info for fueling and timing suggestions for forced induction?

ok got ya, i would like to learn some more stuff about forced induction as well, such as how the fuel pressure is referenced ect.

anyone have any good info for fueling and timing suggestions for forced induction?

Thanks for that table, it should help. I may plug those numbers in and try to start it just to see what happens.

I could tow the car 100 miles to a tuner but I'd like to know if it'll run, leaks, etc. before doing that. This is a complete new engine, trans, converter, rear suspension, etc. So I don't want to tow all that way to find out there's a big problem we can't fix to tune the car. Plus I do all my own tuning, have tuned over 1000 HP with sd, and would prefer to do it myself if I can.

Thanks again for your help.

Jody

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by camcojb
    05 GTO with 402 LS2 twin turbo. Looking for someone who I can buy a start up program, just to get the car running. I will tune from there. The part I cannot find from searching here is 75# injector files, what to do (exactly) to the maf to delay pegging, etc. I have a lot of efi tuning experience with FAST, Gen VII, and SCT Racer Pro on a Lightning, but none on a GM with HPTuners.

Willing to pay, just need a bit of help to start. I have a BigStuff 3 system coming but it is delayed and the car is ready to start; have the HPTuners stuff here.

Jody
    Jody,

Can you provide the following?

- injector make/part #
    - flowrate @ rated pressure
    - your average fuel pressure
    - is there a boost referenced regulator in your setup?
    - your stock HPT file
    - cam size

The MAF will peg early on your setup. Since there are no 2-bar or 3-bar OSs yet for the 05s you are going to have to rely on the PE table to provide the proper fueling once you pass 100 kPa. It doesn't give great resolution but it will get you by.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim05GTO
    Jody,

Can you provide the following?

- injector make/part #
    - flowrate @ rated pressure
    - your average fuel pressure
    - is there a boost referenced regulator in your setup?
    - your stock HPT file
    - cam size

The MAF will peg early on your setup. Since there are no 2-bar or 3-bar OSs yet for the 05s you are going to have to rely on the PE table to provide the proper fueling once you pass 100 kPa. It doesn't give great resolution but it will get you by.

Tim
    RC Engineering high impedance 75# @ 43 psi.
    I'm running an LPE 255 pump and BoostaPUMP. PSI should be 58 psi, but I have not verified. Stock regulator and rails. Cam is W2W secret specs, but I believe 600+ lift with about 224/218 on a 115 as I remember. Very low overlap. I have not loaded the HPTuners software into the laptop yet, will do tomorrow and I can e-mail you the file.

Thanks!

Jody

any info you find out for various settings please post up as i would like to know for future reference.

The 05 PCM has an injector flow rate limitation. If I remember correctly it's 63.49 lbs/hr. You will have to scale your VE table down for the difference in flow rate.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks guys.

Jody