Thread: 4l60e tune

Tuner

4l60e tune

hello im looking for a tune to firm up my shifts. I tried making my own only adjusting shift speeds but it didn't work out to well and I don't want talk about it :P. heres my stock layout if anyone has a tune for gmc 5.3 let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong section for a V8 question, but it happens.

If you are just looking to increase shift times and feel, thats pretty easy.

Just go to the shift times, click normal and change them to like .300 across the board. You can go higher and maybe a tad lower if you wish, .300 is a good number for a stock transmission as it's not too fast and not too slow.

Also you can adjust the shift pressure. Highlight the entire section from 0 to 440ft lbs or so and add 5-8% more line pressure. Just don't got over like 90 psi, scale them back down by hand if they do.

Also invest in a 20 doll hair corvette servo from oregon performance transmission, best money you can spend on a 4L60e.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    I would also remove 10% from the Force Motor Table in the sections that cover the trans when at operating temp. It made a nice difference to mine and I, like a few others, say this table is the reason the 4L60 fails when it really shouldn't. The bit of added pressure there is a good thing and will help extend the life of that trans. And I would take 5F's advidse to the letter there, especially the Corvette Servo. I went a little quicker in mine, .2 across mine, fyi.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    i dont find anything that says shift times. and what is the easy way to do all force motor at same time or do i redo each one at a time?

Shift times are under Trans>Auto Shift Properties>Shift Time>...