Thread: Bosch 980CC injectors and E85

Advanced Tuner

Bosch 980CC injectors and E85

A mate has just put in Bosch 0 280 158 040s into his Turbo Territory and I worked out the scaling of these injectors from the ASNU site as I believe they are equivalent to their 900s. They appear to be real close to ID1000s. He had ID1000 data in the car but was running lean and I was able to get the injectors close over the phone in about 10 mins and 2 flashes so the data is real close.

I got the high slope at around 104.4 which is lower than I calculated (~112) but I used 1 litre of petrol weighing 0.75kg. when I weighed 1 litre of petrol it was 0.7kg and if you use this value the slope comes out at the 104 value. So when he changes to e85 should I change the slopes to reflect the fact that e85 is supposed to be about 0.8kg/litre or does everyone just change stoich AFR and live with the extra fuel?

Stoich and live with it as ull need to ajust your lambda scale anyway to suit E85
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Jet and good feedback on the lambda scale. I thought this was the case as when you change the %ethanol in the Injector Dynamics spreadsheets it does not change the other values.

I have found the turbos produce best power on LPG at lambda 0.84-0.87 and with lower EGT. I checked the forums and they say around 0.85 for E85 is this what other people are finding for the boosted falcon 6s?

This is a very loooooooooooong debate and also made turbotrana loose his shit over it many many times ( lolol ) but aim for 0.85-0.90 yep sounds lean right ?

Think about it and itl click

Not for trana tho hahahahahaha dam iam a shit head sometimes

When u lean a fuel out it will start to miss at certain AFR's and each fuel is different.... E85 goes bery lean and maintains integrity....
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Jet, again thank you.

E85 sounds similar to LPG, it produces peak power up to about lambda 0.88 and the falls off slowly but does not miss. You can get problems after lambda 1.1 but it does not miss even under boost. Seen lambda 1.16 with 12psi of boost and it held together but still quite scary.