Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any others taking on an F150 Ecoboost?

Senior Tuner

Any others taking on an F150 Ecoboost?

Friend of mine has had a handheld tuner on his truck for a while, its horrible. The good guys at HP*Thank you BIll*have made it possible for him and I to get into his tune. I won't see him for another two weeks, but here's MY problem. The file I submitted cannot be viewed, I need his truck to be able to scan it again and view his file. I'm hoping one of you fine gentilmen/ladies could post a stock file for a 2013 F150 Ecoboost! There in't a Ecoboost file to be had in the Repository. Can you help?? Either here or a stock file uploaded to the Repository would be great!

2000 Trans Am WS6

Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Thank-you very much Eric, that's perfect!
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner
    I will be trying to take on my 13 Ecoboost tomorrow

Tuner
    Tried to read my 13 f150 ecoboost this morning and it said it couldn't be read and it generated a generic stock file
    15 C7Z M7

Senior Tuner
    Submit it all to support, William will fix you up. .hpt file, vcm suite info file for the truck and the debug.dat file. I almost always forget to attach one of them myself. Make Bill happier than I do and attach all three right from the get-go... and yes Bill, this is my way of saying Im trying to remember all three files bud! hahahaa....
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffo60 View Post
    Tried to read my 13 f150 ecoboost this morning and it said it couldn't be read and it generated a generic stock file
    You can force a read, after you click get info, there is a drop down to select Force Full Read. It takes about 4.5 hours to read, so use a battery charger.

Tuner
    I saw that option just didn't know the what/if I could hurt doing that lol, I also emailed support with the attached files as recommended earlier

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    You can force a read, after you click get info, there is a drop down to select Force Full Read. It takes about 4.5 hours to read, so use a battery charger.
    I currently have a custom SCT tune on my 13 Eco F150. Will I be able to read the custom tune, or should I revert back to stock before reading. Ideally I would like to read both and compare the stock tune with my custom tune and make small changes. Thanks

I am working with mine, so far just adjusted tires size and deleted top speed limited.

I need cam tables! waiting on 2.25 beta.

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Quote Originally Posted by sknapp302 View Post
    I currently have a custom SCT tune on my 13 Eco F150. Will I be able to read the custom tune, or should I revert back to stock before reading. Ideally I would like to read both and compare the stock tune with my custom tune and make small changes. Thanks
    You can read it.

No need to read the stock tune, the normal read will look at the OSID that is in the truck, and serve a stock binary image from our database. We did it so that you don't have to wait 4.5 hours. Probably is we do not have every stock file in the database, so if your doesn't come up, email us, and I will go and find the stock image and add to the DB.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Japeatr View Post
    I am working with mine, so far just adjusted tires size and deleted top speed limited.

I need cam tables! waiting on 2.25 beta.
    What cam tables do you need? They ecoboost VCT controls are there.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    You can read it.

No need to read the stock tune, the normal read will look at the OSID that is in the truck, and serve a stock binary image from our database. We did it so that you don't have to wait 4.5 hours. Probably is we do not have every stock file in the database, so if your doesn't come up, email us, and I will go and find the stock image and add to the DB.
    Awesome, thanks!

Tuning Addict
    Was just trying to read a 2011 ecoboost and received an unusual message. My first time trying to use HP with Ford.

The data you just read isn't from your vehicle. Your vehicle isn't readable. The data is a supplied check file. If you use this data to write your vehicle you will loose any existing changes your vehicle may already have.

I am assuming this is because you don't have a stock database file to go by? Then thought vehicle was possibly already tuned, but not the case...

Also noticed in this supplied check file, I have no MAF tables or atleast none that I have found?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

What cam tables do you need? They ecoboost VCT controls are there.
    I cannot get many of the pids on the scanner, so I would be flyin blind on adjusting the cam tables.

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

I cannot get many of the pids on the scanner, so I would be flyin blind on adjusting the cam tables.
    Ah, yeah, that will be fixed very soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    I can't get a histogram to work to save my life. Ive tried all sorts of sensors and configurations...
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner in Training
    I'd love to start tuning mine, but I'm gonna wait until the scanner is finished. For starters I can't read any DTC's or see anything to do with tranny. Plus when the time comes, I'll know what NOT to do from others experience.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by splashgtp View Post
    I'd love to start tuning mine, but I'm gonna wait until the scanner is finished. For starters I can't read any DTC's or see anything to do with tranny. Plus when the time comes, I'll know what NOT to do from others experience.
    Im with ya, Im trying to do a full read on mine right now(4hrs lol), its flashed with an sct tune and i am hoping it will read it all so I can compare it to a stock file and see what the mail order boys are changing....
    15 C7Z M7

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffo60 View Post
    Im with ya, Im trying to do a full read on mine right now(4hrs lol), its flashed with an sct tune and i am hoping it will read it all so I can compare it to a stock file and see what the mail order boys are changing....
    Were you able to get the tune out this way? I keep getting the message in my last post when trying to read the stock file for an 11 ecoboost.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC