Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1261

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    I'm experimenting with it but I hadn't seen (or noticed) that before. What does it do and how did you figure it out? The weather here is crap and work has been insane so I haven't had much free time to play with the cars. Datalogs with the max speed of 45MPH on snow and ice is great for drivability but not very fun.

Edit: Well crap. I see where that came from, I had looked it before the Math Parameters were even available and hadn't touched it since. Between the stress at my job and lack of sleep it was so long ago that I completely forgot what it was for. Please disregard my comment on this subject. It's 01:20 here, I'm going to bed. Good thing I have the next several days off.
    Sorry, my comment wasn't very nice in hindsight. I must have been in a mood

Sounds like you got it though.. it basically defines the units you want that parameter to be in. Instead of g/s or KPH or whatever, they have assigned every different unit a number, so you can just use the number instead of trying to figure out how to make the unit itself work.

You can still use the [PID.mph] method for example, but for some of the ones like g/s it's easier to just use the #
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    Common since says there has to be a limit. I have 84 channels open so far and haven't noticed anything bad yet. It may become more apparent when I actually drive the car.
    Are you still getting data at a decent rate? Is this on an E38 or what?

I've been meaning to try adding a ton of stuff on an E40 but haven't gotten around to it

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Are you still getting data at a decent rate? Is this on an E38 or what?

I've been meaning to try adding a ton of stuff on an E40 but haven't gotten around to it
    Yes it's an E38. I made one run with 66-Channels and data was perfect. Since I added 84-Channels I'm not positive but very optimistic.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Interesting. I'll give it a go on an e40 later since I've always gotten a lot less data with those

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, my comment wasn't very nice in hindsight. I must have been in a mood

Sounds like you got it though.. it basically defines the units you want that parameter to be in. Instead of g/s or KPH or whatever, they have assigned every different unit a number, so you can just use the number instead of trying to figure out how to make the unit itself work.

You can still use the [PID.mph] method for example, but for some of the ones like g/s it's easier to just use the #
    No worries, it happens to everyone. I've just been stressed at work with too many long hour days patching other peoples mistakes and/or poor planning, coupled with a lack of sleep. I took a few days of holiday and turned off my work phone to play with my car toys so I don't end up on the news for mass murder with my bare hands. Hahaha.

I love the new format now that I'm starting to figure it out.

I had some weird logging issues again yesterday but I can't figure out the cause and I can't reliably duplicate it and send it to Keith and the guys. The problem: I'm logging and driving but after a time which varies, the scanner stops responding. One log it was at 22 minutes, another was 4 and a third was around the 2 minute mark. Of course I don't notice so I keep driving until I stop and check the log only to find the gauges are frozen on the screen and the software isn't logging any longer. The only fix is to disconnect and reconnect the vehicle in the software which gives me more time but eventually hangs again. Trying to restart the log gives blank gauges and tables. The real solution seems to be a reboot.

I've had this happen on three sessions separated by several days or even weeks with different beta versions (I update at least daily) on two vehicles with different hardware . I just can't for the life of me figure out how to force it to happen.

Logged 92 channels with no problem

For the heck of it I loaded up the channels. A whopping 92 of them. I ran the car for about 3-1/2 minutes in the garage before asphyxiating myself. I can't see any problems with the data.

Here is the scan if anybody wants to look at it. I accidentally put "Trans fluid temp" in there twice.

MY SCAN - 16-01-01 15-36-07.hpl

CHANNEL CONFIG - Main Config.Channels.xml

LAYOUT - ---FULL LAYOUT.Layout.xml

Some things I noticed didn't work is "Oil Temperature". It stays -40 deg all the time and "Knock Retard Cylinders 1 - 8" read .5 deg all the time. I don't think these problems are related to scanning.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

lol, that is pretty neat. I'll try it on mine later today or tomorrow

Many vehicles support scan methods that are very fast, by grouping parameters into "buckets".

What we do, is based on your interval requested for each parameter, put the faster parameters into the buckets, then manually request the slower parameters.

This mostly applies when you overflow the buckets. However, there are some other tricks we do to make even normal bucket scanning faster, that I believe nobody else has done yet.

What really helps is if you select slow intervals for the things you don't really care about, like 10 sec for ECT, fuel level, baro, etc.. things that don't change much. This will free up bandwith for parameters that you want more rapidly.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I had to hunt around for the interval settings. I noticed most of them already set to something reasonable but a few weren't so I slowed them down. This is great. Nice to be able to log everything you need in one setting.

My only gripe at the moment is the "Recent Layouts and Open Layouts" drop down list box. The more I play with 2.25 the longer that list box gets. Either allow us to delete items from it or have it be self cleaning. Just a suggestion, if the path doesn't exist give the option to delete it. I left an example on an earlier post #1071.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Many vehicles support scan methods that are very fast, by grouping parameters into "buckets".

What we do, is based on your interval requested for each parameter, put the faster parameters into the buckets, then manually request the slower parameters.

This mostly applies when you overflow the buckets. However, there are some other tricks we do to make even normal bucket scanning faster, that I believe nobody else has done yet.

What really helps is if you select slow intervals for the things you don't really care about, like 10 sec for ECT, fuel level, baro, etc.. things that don't change much. This will free up bandwith for parameters that you want more rapidly.
    That's pretty interesting

I had to hunt around for the interval settings. I noticed most of them already set to something reasonable but a few weren't so I slowed them down. This is great. Nice to be able to log everything you need in one setting.

My only gripe at the moment is the "Recent Layouts and Open Layouts" drop down list box. The more I play with 2.25 the longer that list box gets. Either allow us to delete items from it or have it be self cleaning. Just a suggestion, if the path doesn't exist give the option to delete it. I left an example on an earlier post #1071.
    All these little things will be cleaned up as we go.

All these little things will be cleaned up as we go.
    All minor problems for sure. I sure do enjoy the new software. I'm putting the programmers in for a pay raise!
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty cool on the bucket thing Keith. I thought I saw you mention that before and it's obviously working well. I've been able to scan more stuff on a P01 last night controller than I ever could without a 2.24 style slowdown.

Something I noticed while trying to get the app to crash last night is the Vehicle Controls & Special Functions window has some oddities to some of the buttons. On a P01 (only automatic I have) I tried to force all four gears and it worked. However when I click the button a second time to release the command to normal operation it doesn't immediately release. Then at some random point, the transmission returns to normal operation. It almost felt like there was a timer on the release portion of the button more so than a 100% control by me. Second, the highlight colour is difficult to see showing it has engaged / disengaged. I can't remember if the button stayed lit after the transmission resumed PCM control or not.

VCM Scanner 2.25 supports wideband inputs via both MPVI AD and PC serial port.
    How do I request serial data support for the ECM AFR1500?

Gauge color

Check this out without borders.

screen.JPG
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Beautiful!!!

I bet it took a bit of time to line up all the gauges just right. A designer to make it easier is something I'd like to work on in the future.

Check this out without borders.

screen.JPG
    That looks awesome!

Want to share?

I bet it took a bit of time to line up all the gauges just right. A designer to make it easier is something I'd like to work on in the future.
    That would be a nice addition
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Beautiful!!!

Not too long. It's how to keep a bored retired person's mind busy! After I figured out the aspect ratio for my screen it went fast enough. Then I tinkered around with colors for a while. Fun stuff IMO.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

That looks awesome!

Want to share?

That would be a nice addition
    Sure, be my guest. You can load a background picture if you want. I'm thinking a black background with a small Corvette emblem in the center.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Advanced Tuner
    I think he meant do you mind sharing your config! :-) Like posting the files here so that others can use it on their PC.