Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1261

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I think he meant do you mind sharing your config! :-) Like posting the files here so that others can use it on their PC.
    Oh stupid me. Here you go.

Edit: added file -

My Custom Gauges.Gauges.xml

Gauge properties.GaugeDisplay.xml

Check out the added logo:
    Layout with Logo.JPG
    Last edited by OldFartC6; 01-03-2016 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Might need this file also.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    Oh stupid me. Here you go.

Edit: added file -

My Custom Gauges.Gauges.xml

Gauge properties.GaugeDisplay.xml

Check out the added logo:
    Layout with Logo.JPG
    That looks really slick! I'll take a look at the config in the morning
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    This reminds me of a problem I stumbled across weeks ago. When I make and save my own layouts or load old layouts, I get all the parameters from the current layout plus the layout I just loaded. The result is I have to manually delete each item within the layout before loading a new layout. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to mass delete the current layout or just switch to the new layout without it appending the current layout? Maybe there could be an option to append or switch to the next layout.

that's by design, when you use the individual controls (graph/chart/gauge) to save/load layouts.

If you use the main layout engine (on the menu or main tool bar), it will remove what you have, and load what you open.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Keith did you have a win with the MTX-L Innovate stuff? Are we able to account for ground offsets?
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Math routines

It was requested that I post these math routines.

Boost.MathParameter.xml

HP.MathParameter.xml

TQ.MathParameter.xml

There is a fudge factor of 1.15. You will see it in the formula. I used it to match previous dyno results. Anybody that uses this formula will have to adjust it or do away with it.
    Last edited by OldFartC6; 01-03-2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Fudge factor
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    that's by design, when you use the individual controls (graph/chart/gauge) to save/load layouts.

If you use the main layout engine (on the menu or main tool bar), it will remove what you have, and load what you open.
    Got it, thanks. It's actually a cool thing - if you realize it's going to happen. It just made me wonder about my sanity a bit when I duplicated everything I had.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    VCM Scanner 2.25 supports wideband inputs via both MPVI AD and PC serial port.
    the scanner sees the serial info in the channels but the math is off, 14.xx is 47x ect inno afr and inno lambda both display the same 47x numbers there needs to be a formula for the raw serial data.

would like to get the serial wideband logging correctly

thanks

serial data is too complicated to just have a simple transfer function like you can with voltage inputs

Tuner in Training
    right the serial data that they have im assuming is a raw value of sorts, would just like the logging of that data to work.

I'm sure they can make it work. You need to give a clear description of what wideband you're using, what it's displaying, etc. so they can fix it though.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not able to get my LM-2 to work with 2.25, through the USB port. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this not supported yet.

Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    I'm not able to get my LM-2 to work with 2.25, through the USB port. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this not supported yet.
    I try that so often and its not possible to show the same values like the LM-2 Monitor. analog output is very noisly and the serial show's wrong values.
    Here in the forum are a lot of innovate users who can't get it usable...

I ordered now a Zeitronix ZT-3...that works good!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I try that so often and its not possible to show the same values like the LM-2 Monitor. analog output is very noisly and the serial show's wrong values.
    Here in the forum are a lot of innovate users who can't get it usable...

I ordered now a Zeitronix ZT-3...that works good!
    I have zero issues with using it in 2.24, as long as I use the same ground. It's a voltage reference, and it's referenced off the ground. If you use different grounds, then the values will be different.

I can't get any value to come up through the USB on 2.25, wrong or right.

my LM-2 serial works with 2.25. try it without any other USB device in the Laptop! If I use it with other USB connectors pluged in. no input to the scanner

BTW: I try a lot of different ground, together, single, direct battery, chassis, 12V output. every was the same. unusable. inavate support don't write an answer. never again.

hope Keith will add the ZT-3 serial input soonest!

Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    I have zero issues with using it in 2.24, as long as I use the same ground. It's a voltage reference, and it's referenced off the ground. If you use different grounds, then the values will be different.

I can't get any value to come up through the USB on 2.25, wrong or right.
    Is "through the USB" connected to the external inputs on the interface or is that going to a serial to USB converter?

If you're using the external inputs on the interface then you are doing something wrong if nothing is coming through

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Is "through the USB" connected to the external inputs on the interface or is that going to a serial to USB converter?

If you're using the external inputs on the interface then you are doing something wrong if nothing is coming through
    USB = serial. Running through the MPVI interface it works fine in 2.24. I haven't tried through the interface in 2.25, but I'd imagine it would work there as well, I just haven't tried. I'd like to start moving over to 2.25....

Then just connect it to the interface and be done with it. If it worked fine in 2.24 it will work the same or better (much faster) in 2.25

Keep in mind 2.25 logs a LOT faster on external inputs... so you'll see more quick up/down variation than you're probably used to seeing. I've started averaging external inputs over 100msec or so just to smooth them out

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Then just connect it to the interface and be done with it. If it worked fine in 2.24 it will work the same or better (much faster) in 2.25

Keep in mind 2.25 logs a LOT faster on external inputs... so you'll see more quick up/down variation than you're probably used to seeing. I've started averaging external inputs over 100msec or so just to smooth them out
    2.25 is supposed to be able to do USB inputs. The question I posed was if it was available yet. Not that I am stuck on the dyno and my customer is pissed that he's wasting his time with a noob.