Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1261

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Tuner in Training
    im using a lm2 the hpt is on a usb and the lm2 is on a direct connection to serial laptop, 2.25 ver

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by b18cls1 View Post
    im using a lm2 the hpt is on a usb and the lm2 is on a direct connection to serial laptop, 2.25 ver
    Cool. So what am I doing wrong? message me if you think it's easier. I can't seem to get mine to work going through the serial port. Through the interface is ok.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    Cool. So what am I doing wrong? message me if you think it's easier. I can't seem to get mine to work going through the serial port. Through the interface is ok.
    mine sees the wb thru serial just doesent display the correct values

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by b18cls1 View Post
    mine sees the wb thru serial just doesent display the correct values

Menu observation

I would like somebody to verify this for me.

• Boot the 2.25 Scanner
    • Then select "Layout" drop down menu
    • Then press the left or right arrow on your keyboard.

I noticed the right arrow moves the cursor left and the left arrow moves the cursor right - just backwards. It's also backwards on 2.24 too and for the Editor.

I'm using a:
    Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop
    I7 quad processor
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Confirmed, same here

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Confirmed, same here
    Thanks
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

today using 2.25 I cant see DTC's on my 2010 E38 Camaro. I have DTC's, but nothing shows up in the box. Even stranger is one time it cleared them. I have P060D - Internal Control Module Accelerator Pedal Position Performance, which is pretty obvious since I get REP, and the throttle blade goes silent.

2.24 sees and clears them just fine I do switch back and forth between the two, but I close both before going to the other.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I keep having this problem where it just totally stops recording anything except the broadcast parameters a minute or so into logging. I've found that if I delete all of my math parameters except a basic one or two (boost and total fuel trim bank 1 & 2) then it works just fine.

Most of the rest of my math parameters are using avg to smooth out external inputs from a wideband/fuel pressure/methanol pressure.

Not sure what you need in order to review this? I sent a log and debug file in to support a week or two ago but at that point I did not know deleting my math parameters would fix it.

I keep having this problem where it just totally stops recording anything except the broadcast parameters a minute or so into logging. I've found that if I delete all of my math parameters except a basic one or two (boost and total fuel trim bank 1 & 2) then it works just fine.

Most of the rest of my math parameters are using avg to smooth out external inputs from a wideband/fuel pressure/methanol pressure.

Not sure what you need in order to review this? I sent a log and debug file in to support a week or two ago but at that point I did not know deleting my math parameters would fix it.
    Please try to isolate which math parameter is causing the problem. See if you can isolate it to a single math parameter/display as well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

k, I'll mess around with it some more to try to figure out which one it is, if it is a particular one

Advanced Tuner
    k, I'll mess around with it some more to try to figure out which one it is, if it is a particular one
    When this happens does the scanner data / display just stop? I've had this happen off and on for a couple weeks but can't isolate it. Mine usually happens after a really long (20 minute) log. Granted logs that long are atypical for me but sometimes I'm trying to isolate something intermittent or experimenting. Tonight the software logged 22:46 and stopped as if I had shut it down but everything (the stop button, etc.) was still active, it just wasn't pulling in or displaying new data.

Usually I have to close the scanner and re-open it to be able to log again before it stops logging. If I don't it will stop logging within 1 to 5 minutes.

I'll try to remove all the math parameters and see what happens. If it clears I'll add them back one at a time. I had an earlier self-induced problem that was related to a math parameter I had incorrectly typed. Everything was fine (obviously the data was skewed) until I tried to access the log I created with it during playback.

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    When this happens does the scanner data / display just stop? I've had this happen off and on for a couple weeks but can't isolate it. Mine usually happens after a really long (20 minute) log. Granted logs that long are atypical for me but sometimes I'm trying to isolate something intermittent or experimenting. Tonight the software logged 22:46 and stopped as if I had shut it down but everything (the stop button, etc.) was still active, it just wasn't pulling in or displaying new data.
    What are your system specs? CPU, RAM, Windows? What version of .net?

Are you saying, after it stops updating the display, the only way to get it to update the display again is to restart the entire scanner?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    What are your system specs? CPU, RAM, Windows? What version of .net?

Are you saying, after it stops updating the display, the only way to get it to update the display again is to restart the entire scanner?
    This is a Dell laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and 8GB of RAM.

1/10/2016 2:23:07 PM
    VCM Suite Product: VCM Scanner 2.25.2806 Beta

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
    Microsoft .NET: 4.0.30319.34209
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
    Available Memory: 6,300 MB

Yes, the display AND log stop. However the display LOOKS like you are still logging but nothing is moving. Typically I have to close and reopen the scanner to get things to function. At a minimum disconnecting and reconnecting the car will result in a scan log that is about 1 to 2 minutes long before it dies. When I've tried to simply restart the log the scanner acts like it can't communicate with the car or most PIDS don't log.

First time this happened I drove home to do my experimenting (spare PCM's and tools) just to make sure I hadn't bricked the PCM in some new and wonderful way that would leave me stranded after a shutdown. The only thing I can think of is some application I have is taking RAM from HP Tuners and the scanner is feeling the effect. I've been trying to duplicate this so I could give you more information but honestly I can't seem to find a pattern which means I can't force it to happen.

Mine does some strange similar things. I'll try to make a post with the details next time it happens. Mine also sometimes totally freezes when I hit the button to stop logging after it's stopped actually logging anything except broadcast parameters. I have to force it to close.

I know this isn't enough in the way of details to do anything about it. I'll try to figure out more details.

Tuner in Training
    needing the beta 2.25 software download it isn't showing in my customer files can anyone help me out with getting it

Email support.

Tuner in Training
    I have emailed them and still have not gotten a reply with it

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenhawk3301 View Post
    I have emailed them and still have not gotten a reply with it
    How long ago?
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    LS1 not showing alot of PIDS in the scanner after writing in a speed density code modification. has anyone had similar and is there a fix as of yet?