Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

I hate to bug you Keith, but when do you think that the FJO wideband will be supported? As soon as support gets a fix for my customer's 2013 Ram hemi, I will be ready to tune it. Support has been working on it for almost 2 weeks.

Russ Kemp

Russ, it will be a while before I add curved transforms, sorry. I don't know why FJO had to be unique and do it that way.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Hello, new tuner here, HP Dealer as well, was wondering, downloaded the beta 2.25, went to tune my 2015 gt, cant figure out the Standard Config for 50-62 channels to load the graph with MAF Period with LTFT to show up. Dont have any of those on file anywhere. Was told by Support i have to creat my own, I appreciate the help
    Last edited by KingKoupe; 11-24-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Thanks,
    KingKoupe

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The crash report doesn't tell me enough. If you can figure out the steps to duplicate the issue, that'd help.
    No problem.

All I did was start the log using settings I've used before and start driving. I was almost to work, glanced at my tablet and the error I described was on the screen. I'll capture a log for the drive home.

I've also noticed the screen saver doesn't come on when the application is open. Is that by design? If so, I like it. I used to always forget to disable the screen saver until I glance and the laptop is locked requiring me to pull over and put in a password to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    I've also noticed the screen saver doesn't come on when the application is open. Is that by design? If so, I like it. I used to always forget to disable the screen saver until I glance and the laptop is locked requiring me to pull over and put in a password to unlock it.
    That is by design.

Test with the latest beta.
    used the latest Beta, 2.25.2647. Tried to compare the logging rate to current 2.24 with the same PIDs however 2.25.1weekago and current 2.25.2647 keep crashing with my Channels list setup like 2.24. I would dislike attempting to recreate it... My PID list for 2.24 logs at 20fps, with Tbl = 51, Bit = 2.

2010 Camaro LS3 (E38)
    Whipple 2.9L, kit injectors
    JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires
    Last edited by 10_SS; 11-24-2015 at 09:54 PM.

It's difficult to fix it unless you can tell us how to duplicate the bug.

It's difficult to fix it unless you can tell us how to duplicate the bug.
    Oh I know... However, we're lucky, found a solution fast. First I deleted all individual cyl knock PIDs, no fix. Then I restored this Channel list and happen to delete only "Cyl Airmass"... since it was the first thing above all of the knock PIDs, (why I started at the bottom, I dont know) now it runs. And I'm glad to report that it's logging everything (minus Cyl Airmass, and Wideband, and 2 custom PIDs I made) at 100pts/sec! 2.24 current logs at 20Pts/sec. That's huge. Not sure if all the PIDs are updating that fast, but at least RPM and MAP appear to be silky smooth with no "steps" at 100pts/sec and fast transitions... impressive!

UPDATE on loggin rate... it appears to be false logging rate, as the inputs only seem to change every 6 pts or so... I zoomed in on the graph and see the "Steps" or flatlines between RPM or MAP data change.. and this occurs every 0.05 or 0.1 seconds which is every ~6pts.. so... Appears the logging rate is still ~20pts/sec. The Graph simply appears to add lots of smoothing "fake logging points" between the real data points.. (lines between the logged data)... Just to confirm.. 2.24 ONLY adds a data point to the graph when there is data logged... as it should be.

You know what would be awesome.. is a little box in the bottom row that shows "Rate"
    Last edited by 10_SS; 11-24-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

The chart doesn't add any fake log points. It simply draws lines between the points that exist.

2.25 is a dynamic scan engine. Channels can scan (and log) at different rates. Some parameters, like broadcasts, can scan at 100hz.. some parameters, that require polling, may be at 20hz.

If you really want to see the "actual value" of the data point, at any given cursor, look at the channels view as you scroll across. The channels view will show you the closest actual data point value without any interpolation.

I'm starting to get more used to the layout. What I did was just made charts/graphs two tabs that take up the whole screen. Then you can use ctrl+tab to switch between them and 1/2/4/etc. to switch between different graphs. Works pretty well. The screenshot is on my desktop it makes it look like there's a bit more room than I usually actually have.

Question for Keith: Is the "Filter" in charts applied when data is saved / reopened? I added some filters this morning while logging and it really seemed to smooth things out like I was hoping.. but looking back at the logs it looks rough the whole log. I wasn't sure if it went back to the actual data when in playback mode or not?

Layout.JPG
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

The filter in graphs/charts is only used to "filter" the displayed value during live scanning. It doesn't alter the data, and has no effect on playback.

The chart doesn't add any fake log points. It simply draws lines between the points that exist.

2.25 is a dynamic scan engine. Channels can scan (and log) at different rates. Some parameters, like broadcasts, can scan at 100hz.. some parameters, that require polling, may be at 20hz.

If you really want to see the "actual value" of the data point, at any given cursor, look at the channels view as you scroll across. The channels view will show you the closest actual data point value without any interpolation.
    Yes I am looking at the channels view, counting each change in data and comparing this to the frame/graph count. Channel data is good now since it's the same as 2.24... must be a limit in the ECU. I'm happy about that but the "frame" increment (graph updates) are just a bit misleading is all since it's showing data that's not really logged... I could see a reason for this if there is data on the graph that is updated faster than 20pts/sec but so far I haven't seen any. Would there be any chance that the graph updates/frame count could be updated only as fast as the data is updated in the channels list, like 2.24?
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

First, let's forget about frames... There's no more frames in 2.25. Every channel has it's own stream, and is treated individually.

In the future, I can add options for gauges/charts to "chose nearest" and "interpolate". Currently, interpolate is the default.

It really depends on the channel you're monitoring. But, for example, if you're logging coolant temp once every 10 seconds, then interpolate is really nice.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the screen saver bit Keith. I've been meaning to ask that question for a long time and it's exceptionally nice for logging while driving.

Something I just noticed is "math parameters" and "quantities and units." What is Math Parameters going to do? I assume it will be the mathematical equivalent of the quantities and units button? I like the quantities and units so people can actually use the proper symbol (?F or ?C) for temperature instead of the asterisk and the ohm symbol (Ω) for impedance when they type. Will these have further uses within the application itself when building custom gauges or histograms?

First, let's forget about frames... There's no more frames in 2.25. Every channel has it's own stream, and is treated individually.

In the future, I can add options for gauges/charts to "chose nearest" and "interpolate". Currently, interpolate is the default.

It really depends on the channel you're monitoring. But, for example, if you're logging coolant temp once every 10 seconds, then interpolate is really nice.
    Very cool.

The filter in graphs/charts is only used to "filter" the displayed value during live scanning. It doesn't alter the data, and has no effect on playback.
    Any plans to apply it to playback?

Tuner in Training
    I have it installed in the stock location using stock harness, so the signal is passed to the pcm. I tried as suggested but the reading is almost constant at 67 kpa. Will it ever be available as it was in 2.24. I have a boosted SD application, hence the 2 bar map is detrimental for the tune.
    97 Camaro SS, L98 motor, T56, 99 PCM and harness, Moser 12 bolt, BMR + Sphon suspension.
    07 300C SRT8

All you have to do is read the regular map sensor PID then if the computer is already seeing a proper reading and the map sensor is setup correctly tune wise. Nothing special.

Just add manifold absolute pressure sensor if it's not already being logged

Some parameters, like broadcasts, can scan at 100hz.. some parameters, that require polling, may be at 20hz.
    Are broadcast parameters available only on Gen4 controllers? I tried on a P01 and P59 controllers and can't find any broadcast parameter, all of them are polled even SAE pids and the ones that should be broadcast to the Instrument cluster
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Any plans to apply it to playback?
    Wasn't planning on it. It would be confusing if that were the case. If you want to "average" channels, you can wrap a math channel around them and use the .avg(milliseconds) function.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Are broadcast parameters available only on Gen4 controllers? I tried on a P01 and P59 controllers and can't find any broadcast parameter, all of them are polled even SAE pids and the ones that should be broadcast to the Instrument cluster
    I don't think we've added any VPW broadcast parameters yet.

Just like any other parameter/definition, it takes time to add support, and not every vehicle will have support.