Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by RunNE1 View Post
    I have version .1985. When I press the start scanning button, I lose a few of the parameters/channels. Namely KR. I am using it on a 2014 SRT8 Challenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by joepeek View Post
    I picked "Vehicle default" from the Channel Configs drop down menu because shows it will datalog Total Knock Retard, but when I hit the scan button the table switches to SAE defaults by itself (i.e. - no Total Knock Retard)?
    Download the latest beta (2.25.1987 or newer) and try again. We implemented the fix for GPEC2 and I just tested it and the parameters are now logging.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You need to populate that table with PIDs specific to your vehicles available parameters. Just because the table is pre-populated with items, that does not mean your particular platform supports them. You have to select "Add a Channel" to get a list of what is available for your car.
    Right. Although their particular issue was caused by something else in this case.
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 05-07-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I will test it tonight.

The KR does appear under available channels. It would not re-insert. It was dropping vehicle speed and rpm as well...

Quote Originally Posted by RunNE1 View Post
    I will test it tonight.

The KR does appear under available channels. It would not re-insert. It was dropping vehicle speed and rpm as well...
    When I tested it before the fix it would drop everything besides SAE. I've since then tested it by adding all sorts of random PIDs (Total Knock Retard included) and they logged.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, Mark. Happy to report that version .1991 does not drop any channels.
    2014 HO SRT8 Core Challenger M6
    Petty Front Strut Bar and HP Tuners Beta

Senior Tuner
    Can you please add MAF frequency or period to 2.25 for the copperhead? 2.24 scanner actually works with the 2011 Coyote I'm tuning as far as MAF frequency (so I can calculate period) but 2.25 properly reads lambda and AFR from the factory widebands.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Can you please add MAF frequency or period to 2.25 for the copperhead? 2.24 scanner actually works with the 2011 Coyote I'm tuning as far as MAF frequency (so I can calculate period) but 2.25 properly reads lambda and AFR from the factory widebands.
    It's coming. MAF Period is a DMR. I have begun adding these last week, and have already logged it on my own car.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Since it's a DMR, is that different than dividing 1000000 by the frequency to get microseconds? Seemed to work... Will it log faster or something?
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    I'm beginning to think a 2005 Mustang GT is not set up to log Knock Retard. I just downloaded the latest Beta version, however, still lose the Knock retard channel when I hit the scan button. When I went to add it manually, all there was in the knock parameters was two knock sensor voltage choices. It did log those, but have no clue how those knock sensor voltage readings relate to degrees timing. On the far left column of the main scanner table, most items have two arrows, but certain items have a symbol that looks like it is indicating no communication. Does this mean even with 2.25 I will never get a direct degrees of timing the knock senors are adding/subtracting, or is this a set up issue on my part.

<- -> represents a parameter that is polled
    <- represents a parameter that is broadcasted (basically a "free" parameter)

broken chain represents an unsupported parameter.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by joepeek View Post
    I'm beginning to think a 2005 Mustang GT is not set up to log Knock Retard. I just downloaded the latest Beta version, however, still lose the Knock retard channel when I hit the scan button. When I went to add it manually, all there was in the knock parameters was two knock sensor voltage choices. It did log those, but have no clue how those knock sensor voltage readings relate to degrees timing. On the far left column of the main scanner table, most items have two arrows, but certain items have a symbol that looks like it is indicating no communication. Does this mean even with 2.25 I will never get a direct degrees of timing the knock senors are adding/subtracting, or is this a set up issue on my part.
    This will be corrected soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Does this version have a channel setup to scan for alcohol content for those running E85? I can't seem to locate it.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Just found out about the scanner 2.25 beta release! . I was thinking about purchasing SCT hardware. Hopefully I wont have to now. Going to go home and try it on my 2013 GT500 that iv been having some issues with.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    Just found out about the scanner 2.25 beta release! . I was thinking about purchasing SCT hardware. Hopefully I wont have to now. Going to go home and try it on my 2013 GT500 that iv been having some issues with.
    It's not perfect...but with a little effort, you can deal with it for now...and it's proof that you'll be able to just deal with them normally like every other car very soon.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training

Version 2.25.1988, Fiesta ST 2013 EU(Ecoboost) Testrun

I like this software

I did a few pulls with my big turbo fiesta, I know the ecu is not supported yet,
    I could log many useful SAE pids, but I could not log ACT or knock retard for instance.
    I found this list of pids for ecoboost cars https://cobb.app.box.com/ford-monitor-list (could be helpful as reference)

fiesta2.hpl

When I increased the number grid lines in the plot vs. time view, the resolution of values to the right did not increase accordingly(always 3).
    Not saying grid lines needs to follow values but should be a way to increase the resolution of them, i did not find it:-)

fiesta.png
    Last edited by vlaST; 05-12-2015 at 08:45 PM.

As an FYI, you can also use the 2.24 scanner on your car for several parameters. As I understand it, many use 2.24 to log and tune the MAF curve. You take the scanner data into 2.25 Editor and make the changes needed. The 2.25 scanner seems to work fine. It just isnt complete yet so cant do everything with it at this point.

What do we use in place of ETC Position?

Is it better to use Broadcast vs Polled when possible?

Tuner in Training
    I tried to data log "Torque Source" in the 2.25 beta and it doesn't work. So then I tried to data log "Torque Source" in 2.24 and it seamed to work. But not a 100% sure. Does anybody else know if "Torque Source" data logs correctly in a 2013 GT500?

I have not gotten any results from and of the Predicted TM Source PIDs yet in 2.25, I believe Immediate did work.

I've searched, perhaps I missed it, but is there any time frame on user defined inputs?

Really interested in the wideband input, and will we have the ability to adjust the sample rate or polling rate like the other parameters? My wideband 0-5V output is instantaneous so I get a choppy reading in 2.24. (no way of adjusting the output like Innovate LC1 or LM1...hoping this could be a fix?)

Jumpy AFR reading - Engine off
    Last edited by alexl226; 05-18-2015 at 07:07 AM.

I tried to data log "Torque Source" in the 2.25 beta and it doesn't work. So then I tried to data log "Torque Source" in 2.24 and it seamed to work. But not a 100% sure. Does anybody else know if "Torque Source" data logs correctly in a 2013 GT500?
    Copperheads have difference source values than the previous PCMs. I have updated this just now. Should work for 2.24 and 2.25
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC