Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1261

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Beta Now Available

Potential Tuner
    I have tested using 2.24.113- reading the stock file (after reloading it back in) and after speed density on using the older editor the PIDS in scanner are all working correctly

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS JEZ View Post
    I have tested using 2.24.113- reading the stock file (after reloading it back in) and after speed density on using the older editor the PIDS in scanner are all working correctly
    What version of 2.25 are you using? There was a bug for the custom OS's but it has been fixed. The newest version has a menu option to re-poll for supported PIDs, otherwise, delete all of the files in the "Scanner/Vehicles" folder and reconnect to the vehicle. The older GMs should be fully supported.

Tuner
    Can we add our own PIDs to the Chart Display yet ?

Of course

Advanced Tuner
    Are we able to create user made PIDS? I am wanting to make Lamda Error. If so is it done the same way as in 2.24? Thanks.

Tools-->Math parameters is the new name for used defined PID's

Some of the common ones like lambda or AFR error are included now by default but you can make your own too if you want.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    How do you add the math parameters to your log as a channel? Ive tried and had no success.

Math parameters are "virtual". They cannot be added to the log directly. They can be used for the displays though.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Any way to save/share an entire math parameter config instead of having to do it one at a time?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Tools-->Math parameters is the new name for used defined PID's

Some of the common ones like lambda or AFR error are included now by default but you can make your own too if you want.
    Thanks for the reply. It's great they are already in there.

I still just used my own but it's nice to have some in there already so you can actually have up to 10 for other stuff. I wish boost was included already but I don't think they've decided to add that one

Not in the mood to read through 58 pages but 2016 Corvette has some bugs.....KPA only goes to 129 no matter what...also not sure if its me but can't find MAP Desired PID..

Also the graph screen shows values but nothing across the screen....I did a 2016 Camaro before this and it worked....tomorrow a 2016 V goes on not sure what to expect. Also when I get rid of a "graph" screen....how do I get it back?

Is there a PID for ethanol percentage?

Finally can I use a 0-5 volt channel twice? I am using it for a specific wide band in AFR (which I hate) and want to also have it in lambda. I tried selecting Voltage 2 for a second time and it seemed to ignore it.

This leads into the serial data....how does it work....I'm used to my ECM1500's plugging in with a RG6 cable and not looking back. How does HPT get this serial protocol into the laptap for the software to convert it?

HT
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    Not in the mood to read through 58 pages but 2016 Corvette has some bugs.....KPA only goes to 129 no matter what...also not sure if its me but can't find MAP Desired PID..

Also the graph screen shows values but nothing across the screen....I did a 2016 Camaro before this and it worked....tomorrow a 2016 V goes on not sure what to expect. Also when I get rid of a "graph" screen....how do I get it back?

Is there a PID for ethanol percentage?

Finally can I use a 0-5 volt channel twice? I am using it for a specific wide band in AFR (which I hate) and want to also have it in lambda. I tried selecting Voltage 2 for a second time and it seemed to ignore it.

This leads into the serial data....how does it work....I'm used to my ECM1500's plugging in with a RG6 cable and not looking back. How does HPT get this serial protocol into the laptap for the software to convert it?

HT
    The easiest way to find a PID in the Add Channel list is to do a quick search at the top of the PID window. For example type in "MAP" and every PID that contains map in the name will show and all others filter out. This keeps from having to drill through trees and speeds things up immensely.

As for the Wide Band, I know the AFM 1600L is already loaded and pre-configured with the Lambda equation, I don't know if they use similar transfer functions. You can make a user defined transform for your wideband configuration. If you need another pre-loaded transform for Lambda, post it up here and Keith will add it.

The Serial is not really an option currently. It needs more work and for your wideband, Keith would have to add the ECM communication protocol to the software.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The easiest way to find a PID in the Add Channel list is to do a quick search at the top of the PID window. For example type in "MAP" and every PID that contains map in the name will show and all others filter out. This keeps from having to drill through trees and speeds things up immensely.

As for the Wide Band, I know the AFM 1600L is already loaded and pre-configured with the Lambda equation, I don't know if they use similar transfer functions. You can make a user defined transform for your wideband configuration. If you need another pre-loaded transform for Lambda, post it up here and Keith will add it.

The Serial is not really an option currently. It needs more work and for your wideband, Keith would have to add the ECM communication protocol to the software.
    Thanks....I have no problem in searching I just don't see the MAP Predicted PID....the search function is slick. I already got the ECM1500 to work as I did the transform and used the supplied math equation from ECM. My question was over being able to have lambda and AFR both be calculated off the same voltage input.

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

Senior Tuner
    Thanks....I have no problem in searching I just don't see the MAP Predicted PID....the search function is slick. I already got the ECM1500 to work as I did the transform and used the supplied math equation from ECM. My question was over being able to have lambda and AFR both be calculated off the same voltage input.
    Yeah, on the single input thing, I would try creating a user defined PID using the value from the input as your variable. I know there may be an easier way built in, but it's likely several pages back. I think User Defined would be the easiest right now, if it works.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Yeah, on the single input thing, I would try creating a user defined PID using the value from the input as your variable. I know there may be an easier way built in, but it's likely several pages back. I think User Defined would be the easiest right now, if it works.
    The variable is the voltage. You should be able to use the voltage in more then one pid

Follow US on FACEBOOK!

So how's that Mainline serial data input coming along?

BTW, today I was trying to scan a car and had a few PIDs set to an ultra fast refresh. When I did, the MAF frequency PID froze. When I tried to disconnect from the vehicle, the scanner just crashed. I sent the error report. Is there a limit on how many PIDs you can set to the fastest update rate?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Keith, is is possible to fix the export function so that it preserves the original data precision? For example Injector pulse width shows up as 1 digit but if you "add digits" it shows 3 decimal places. When you export the log file you only get 2 decimal places. For people like me who run data analysis over the csv file it would be fantastic to have the actual data or at least an option to allow full data value export.

Senior Tuner
    The variable is the voltage. You should be able to use the voltage in more then one pid
    I agree, but it might just be a design limitation with the channel structure not allowing more than one instance. You can still use the 1 channel with maths applied to populate your graphs. Why not just wire signal into two MPVI inputs? Do you not have one free?
    Jaime

Yeah I don't think you can use the same input in two places like that but what do I know.

You could do a math parameter though that converts the first one into the other one, so you essentially get both regardless.. it'll just take 2 minutes more work to do it. Or you can just change the unit when you're in chart or graphs or whatever to whatever unit you want and it should do the conversion for you automatically.

On the serial question.. that's on their side. They have to incorporate whatever serial protocols each individual wideband model uses into HPT. VCM Scanner checks for serial ports on the computer and tries to record data from them if there's anything coming in. Hopefully the data coming in matches the data it's expecting and all works as expected

What's the exact model wideband you are using?

Also, I know all of the ethanol content/frequency/etc. PID's work on E40 and E38. No clue past that, but they'll probably add it if its not showing up on those models. Look for fuel composition sensor and see if you can find that oen
    Last edited by schpenxel; 01-15-2016 at 07:37 AM.