Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: changing vss

Potential Tuner

changing vss

Hey all new to this so please bear with me.

Im putting a barra xr6t into my ed falcon. Now thats all good and wiring is nearly done.

What i would like to know is can i change my vss input from the abs tone wheels to the hall effect sensor in the extension housing of the btr. Which window do i go to in the hp tuner to disable or enable this function.
    Ive seen the part with the diff ratio input and tire size.

The donor car is a 2003 ford xr6 turbo ute. Btr 4 speed.

Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Cheers Scott

Tuner in Training
    Would like to know if this can be done too, Ive been running a SCT flash tuner to change the vss input from abs sensors to hall effect, but would like to use Hp tuners.
    Anyone know at all??

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dohc-ed View Post
    Hey all new to this so please bear with me.

Im putting a barra xr6t into my ed falcon. Now thats all good and wiring is nearly done.

What i would like to know is can i change my vss input from the abs tone wheels to the hall effect sensor in the extension housing of the btr. Which window do i go to in the hp tuner to disable or enable this function.
    Ive seen the part with the diff ratio input and tire size.

The donor car is a 2003 ford xr6 turbo ute. Btr 4 speed.

Any help is kindly appreciated.
    Cheers Scott
    Post your file.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Post your file.
    Hi Eric, I'm trying to do the same thing here, this engine has been transplanted into another vehicle with no ABS. File is attached if you could let me know what to change, or change it and post it back on the forum here that would be great, thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I'm interested in this as well but with a FG pcm, have a fg barra going into an older car with no abs so being able to pull a signal from the vss on gearbox would be perfect. Everything i've researched is telling me it can be done but with no one actually knowing how

Tuner in Training
    any updates on this? about 2 weeks from starting the car and really don't want to buy a sct tune just to change the vss

Tuner in Training
    Also keen on the answer, doing a FG Engine and ZF conversion into an older falcon.

Im keen to know if its possible also. I have heard that its part of the ecu that can only be changed with the ford scanner, something do with with having to change the ecu type.

Tuner in Training
    I send my ford pcms to a shop to get this part of the tune modified
    I cant be buggered waiting for hps to do this
    I just get the ecu speed signal turned right off and so far it works good
    just costs abit more than hps credits
    I do use the ford tool to convert where the speed signal comes from if the customer wants to run the gearbox speed sensor
    but u can only do this in ba and bf series 1
    bf s2 and fg u cant change it to gearbox speed sensor so I just get it turned off
    that's y sct shits all over hps for fords

Advanced Tuner
    ive been asking for 1 ba and 1 fg strategy to have the vss source added in hp for few months now, but seems it just never gets anywhere. was told it would be implemented in all strategies, not sure if that was true though.
    not having a bitch or a whinge, just telling my story lol.

would be mad fantastic if the ability to turn it off could be added, i wasn't aware this was even a feature?

Advanced Tuner
    the vss source was added to a fair few ba and fg strategies in the newest update from the quick check i did. just not sure what 44 is as a source in fgs? anyone know what it might be when theres oss, abs and tcs, then 44.

Tuner
    where do we find these options, I've looked and cant find it but may not be supported on my tune
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    under speedo, it was only added to more in the newest update also

Tuner
    thanks, that's the first place I looked and not in mine so, must still need to be added to some
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    it is in that strategy, you just need to download the latest update.

Tuner
    I have the latest update
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry mate confused you with another post in the thread. Post your tune file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
    I send my ford pcms to a shop to get this part of the tune modified
    I cant be buggered waiting for hps to do this
    I just get the ecu speed signal turned right off and so far it works good
    just costs abit more than hps credits
    I do use the ford tool to convert where the speed signal comes from if the customer wants to run the gearbox speed sensor
    but u can only do this in ba and bf series 1
    bf s2 and fg u cant change it to gearbox speed sensor so I just get it turned off
    that's y sct shits all over hps for fords
    Do you have a tune that's had the vss source turned off to post as an example for hp to reference? It would be so much easier doing that in converaions! But is it jus he ford tool you used that can't change bf2/fg vss or any flash tuners?

Tuner in Training
    ive just loaded the latest hps 3.2 and it has a setting to change the vss source
    it supposedly only work son ba and bf ecus

ive been testing for 3 hours this week and it doesnt bloody work
    pain in the butt
    im sick of wasting 300 on a bullet to use sniper
    and i dont want to get sct
    when i heard hps can do it i was happy until my testing proved it cant be done

i use the genuine ford tool to make sure the ecu is set to abs
    then i read it with hps and changed it to oss but nothing happens

ford tool will only change it in ba ecus and its pretty easy

ive got a bf tune in sniper that works without needing a speed sensor signal for it to have good boost
    pity hps cant do anything like that easily

ive compared this sniper tune to one std in hps and very hard to tell difference since hps does 2% of things in fords hehe

Advanced Tuner
    it does work in bf with VID disabled, i haven't had anything work in fg yet, but no one is willing to share any info and be specific about what in the tune needs to be changed when there is no vss input.
    people want everyone to learn but wont answer questions other than to say you need to data log and change shit in the tune.
    all seems pretty silly to me.