Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: changing vss

Tuner
    No worries, I thought you ment it was part of HPtuners. I have the factory Ford software anyway.

Potential Tuner
    any further developments on this, putting a conversion together and was planning on using the fg abs sensors for simplicity of setup but i won't be able to retrofit them, bf tone rings fit but as i've read the abs sensors/setup are different all together

Ideally wanting to run the factory ZF 6 speed too

happy to keep the abs module under dash as well

Tuner
    It seems like that is the only option so far unfortunately

Tuner in Training
    FYI I have a 2009 FG G6ET with ZF 6 Speed and just went and did some testing. Tune is basically stock just with some boost and timing changes, no other parameter changes. I just disconnected the abs module completely and went for a 15km drive. All worked fine, no limp mode, no rpm limit, reached the target boost etc no probs. So this would confirm on ZF equipped vehicles, the PCM gets the speed source from the ZF. Speed was present in the VCM scanner and on the cluster. So technically this would mean engine and ZF straight out and into something else and it should work without too much issue and not require the ABS module. (similar to L98/6l80e running stand alone they have no issues without ABS etc)

Tuner
    Good bit of info there PCS.
    Have a friend that wants to do a barra conversion and we want to run the ZF but all the info around aZF swap is limited. As far as i knew the ZF picked up its speed source from from the abs sensors. Have read about other conversions with the zf but no info on who did the ecm and wiring for the swap.Can anybody point me in the direction of someone who knows or has done it.
    Cheers