Thread: Selling Hptuners cable/ Cannot log in with serial number and password

Tuner in Training

Selling Hptuners cable/ Cannot log in with serial number and password

I am selling my Hptuners Pro cable and I am trying to help the person buying the cable from me. I gave him a screen shot of the serial number and application key under the information tab of vcm editor. Vcm editor says that it is the 2.1.18 version. The buyer tried to create a new account by entering the serial number and application key, but it says that it is an invalid application key.

If I gave someone at hptuners the information I have is there any way to verify if the serial number and application key are correct? I sent an email to support@hp[tuners about it yesterday, but no response yet.

Tuner in Training
    just read that support is "out of the office" until april 7. Is there any way to get a new application key sent to me? Whatever email address that is linked to my serial number is old and deleted by now. It would have to be sent to my new one.

thanks

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2 View Post
    just read that support is "out of the office" until april 7. Is there any way to get a new application key sent to me? Whatever email address that is linked to my serial number is old and deleted by now. It would have to be sent to my new one.

thanks
    Log into your customer page and change your profile to the new e-mail. Then, in the box labeled "Your Account Credits" you'll see a link that says "Click here to receive your latest application key via email."

That software version is extremely old so I don't know if that will cause you any issues with the transfer., but this should help.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Log into your customer page and change your profile to the new e-mail. Then, in the box labeled "Your Account Credits" you'll see a link that says "Click here to receive your latest application key via email."

That software version is extremely old so I don't know if that will cause you any issues with the transfer., but this should help.

thanks for the reply!

That does help me but I don't even know my customer password. I am hoping someone with support will have mercy on me! lol I don't have the old email that is on the account so I cant get a new password.

Potential Tuner
    ok ive sent an email but im posting here also I bought a used tuner but the guy cant remember his email so we can change it now I cant get in and buy credits how can I fix this thanks