Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Err light flashing on MPVI when attempting to load config and record.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Good to know. Does it copy over the last data everytime you press record again, or just add to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    It will erase whatever you logged previously if you haven't saved it already.. when you hit record it starts from scratch. So, save data every time you hit stop recording if you want to keep it!
    This is not true. It will record multiple sessions until full and store them as separate records. You just have to remember to "Stop" the session before you power off. I've taken six or seven logs before downloading them without issue.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    This is not true. It will record multiple sessions until full and store them as separate records. You just have to remember to "Stop" the session before you power off. I've taken six or seven logs before downloading them without issue.
    Even better yet.

Sorry.. I misread your question. ElecTech is right.

I thought you were asking about the "Standard" interface, so I assumed you meant recording via computer

You were actually asking about the "Standalone" interface, recording straight on the interface

My bad.

He's right though.. each time you start recording it will create a new log that you can then download in the MPVI Pro section in VCM Scanner
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

any news on the stand alone data logging. I have a 2011 Camaro SS w/LS3 and when you try to load the config files the VIN and OS don't show up. When I push the find info it does on the MPVI side. I am sure glad I found this form, I was wondering what it was I was doing wrong. any updates would be great. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by AGamble View Post
    any news on the stand alone data logging. I have a 2011 Camaro SS w/LS3 and when you try to load the config files the VIN and OS don't show up. When I push the find info it does on the MPVI side. I am sure glad I found this form, I was wondering what it was I was doing wrong. any updates would be great. Thanks guys
    They told me it would be 2-3 weeks before stand alone logging would be fixed

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I'm having a similar problem. When I try to record, nothing happens... the Record light doesn't light up at all. I've tested to check if it is actually logging and the light is just faulty, but it's not recording at all.
    This is the first time I've tried standalone logging so I'm pretty pissed off that I paid extra for the pro version.

And yes I've loaded the config file and set it up correctly. I don't know if I'm experiencing the same issue as in this thread, or I just have a faulty MPVI Pro unit.
    2014 HSV Clubsport R8, 6.2L LS3 engine
    VCM OTR + Tuned
    Magnuson MP1900 supercharger, 9psi pulley and 60lb injectors to be added soon

Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. When I try to record, nothing happens... the Record light doesn't light up at all. I've tested to check if it is actually logging and the light is just faulty, but it's not recording at all.
    This is the first time I've tried standalone logging so I'm pretty pissed off that I paid extra for the pro version.

And yes I've loaded the config file and set it up correctly. I don't know if I'm experiencing the same issue as in this thread, or I just have a faulty MPVI Pro unit.
    If you're using the latest version of 2.24 or have tried the 2.25 beta at all then yes, it's the same problem everyone else is having.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    If you're using the latest version of 2.24 or have tried the 2.25 beta at all then yes, it's the same problem everyone else is having.
    Ok thanks for the response. Bad timing indeed.
    2014 HSV Clubsport R8, 6.2L LS3 engine
    VCM OTR + Tuned
    Magnuson MP1900 supercharger, 9psi pulley and 60lb injectors to be added soon

Tuner in Training
    Anyone know if this is fixed yet

It is not.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    That sucks. Going to have to sweet talk the track crew to let me keep the laptop in my car.