Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

Advanced Tuner

2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

I had a 2012 Gt that would not set the last 2 readiness monitors, no matter what I did. It appears my 2014 GT is just as stubborn. I can get everything to ready except the O2s and HTR(which I think are the O2 heaters) Exhaust is stock except for axle back mufflers.
    Does anyone know the exact drive cycle for set O2s and HTR? Is there anything I can change in the tune to get it to force to ready? I've read some posts that you can set some DTCs to N/A which will take it out of the readiness monitor list. Any truth to this?

Advanced Tuner
    EDIT: I answered my own question.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 04-07-2015 at 05:53 PM.

I think this issue has something to do with the Roush OS honestly.

Eric. I'm going to test this theory next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1 View Post
    Eric. I'm going to test this theory next week.
    Please let us know. I have ONLY seen this on the Roush files. I'm not sure why they would not pass though. Nothing stands out in the file.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I went through this on a roush stage 2 late last year....switched the rear 02 and cat monitors back on and it took almost 150 miles of continuous driving to get them to set. If I remember correctly the first 3 minutes of startup were critical also, as in it cant idle too long, it was something like get in and get above 40mph as quick as possible. i will have to go back and look at my notes to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    I went through this on a roush stage 2 late last year....switched the rear 02 and cat monitors back on and it took almost 150 miles of continuous driving to get them to set. If I remember correctly the first 3 minutes of startup were critical also, as in it cant idle too long, it was something like get in and get above 40mph as quick as possible. i will have to go back and look at my notes to be sure.
    I've seen this on a car with a Roush blower, and unmodified Roush tune. And the customer has driven the car quite a bit and still cannot get the monitors to pass.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Can someone post a stock WYN3 tune for Mustang GT and I will build the tune from that. My tune is the stock Roush 575 with changes for injectors, fuel sys, gears/tires and I turned the knock sensors on.
    I had this same issue on my 2012 with a VMP tune. I don't know if he used a Roush strategy.

Advanced Tuner
    They finally set to ready. I drove it yesterday at exactly 40mph for 4 miles, let it sit overnight and checked it this morning and all green

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    They finally set to ready. I drove it yesterday at exactly 40mph for 4 miles, let it sit overnight and checked it this morning and all green
    Using the Roush file?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. FSFR0EA strategy.

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone set the o2 and o2 htr to N/A? I now have ORX and want to set them and cats to N/A. Is it in Engine > General > O2 Sensor and O2 Heater? Or is it in Engine Diag > Exhaust > Oxygen Sensors and Catalyst?
    If no one knows, I will be testing it over the next few weeks and report back if it's possible or not.

I wanted to update this thread with my results. My customer that could not seem to pass was also able to pass by driving 40 MPH for 5 mins, and sitting overnight.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I wanted to update this thread with my results. My customer that could not seem to pass was also able to pass by driving 40 MPH for 5 mins, and sitting overnight.
    It's not that easy to do. Either your going too slow in a rural area and will get run over or trying to do it somewhere that has a 40mph speed limit will most likely have traffic lights. I had to go through 3 traffic lights when I did the cycle. Thank God I made them all green or I would still be trying to figure out how to reset the monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I've had the same problem in the past with Whipple/FRPP strategy FPDXAA5.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Thanks Witt! That's what I was testing first as it seemed most likely what I was looking for. What does the Current Monitor do, in the same section? I also turned of Catalyst Test and MIL.
    The o2s are still in, so I turned off FAOSC, but left the Sensors Fitted and Rear Config with the stock settings.
    That's a good question, I've never messed with that setting.

Tuner
    Have a 2014 GT doing the same thing. Its showing O2 not ready and heater not ready. What ended up being the fix?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Have a 2014 GT doing the same thing. Its showing O2 not ready and heater not ready. What ended up being the fix?
    bump

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Do a complete drive cycle, it was mentioned above, driving a certain uninterrupted speed for a certain amount of time.

For the guys that cannot seem to get the O2 monitor to run, I added more stuff to the Engine Diag tab that controls the window that the test is allowed to run in. It really seems sticking a blower on one of these cars really makes it hard to get the test to run, probably because the load is different. Anyways, opening the window will help get the test to run.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thanks Eric, awesome to see those defined. I always blamed the time it took on the PCM learning transport delay, I guess this is what it actually was. This will save us a ton of time.