Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by UNO87 View Post
    SO I got the OBDII bluetooth diagnostics dongle. Great little device.

Please see attached the emissions readiness monitors, it appears the O2 sensors won't even be available anymore. If I read this correctly, then it seems after the fuel system code is ready I should be good on emissions! Please advise. Thanks.

Attachment 79291

It looks like O2's / associated tests are disabled in your tune. I don't think it will pass like that. Maybe at a very lenient shop. You will need an "emissions legal" tune where all that stuff is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Fuel system is a continuous monitor. If it's not ready then either there's a fault (STFT+LTFT out of range) or something like LTFT or FAOSC is disabled. Without seeing your tune file, its only going to be guessing at this point.

I have seen the same thing on my car, where fuel system readiness took a day or two of driving to complete, then stayed there.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    It looks like O2's / associated tests are disabled in your tune. I don't think it will pass like that. Maybe at a very lenient shop. You will need an "emissions legal" tune where all that stuff is enabled.

I have seen the same thing on my car, where fuel system readiness took a day or two of driving to complete, then stayed there.
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for everyone's feedback and help. It appears that the monitors were just made "not available" by the tuner. I took it to a local NTB, he plugged it in and in NC you can pass if you only have 1 "not ready". Even though the fuel system was "not ready" it still passed inspection since it technically only showed as 1 not ready.

I guess I now have a tune I can throw in for emissions.

I still feel more comfortable with the 93 octane BAMA race tune though, so for daily driving I think I will be keeping that tune in the car.

Yaay for passing inspections!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO87 View Post
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for everyone's feedback and help. It appears that the monitors were just made "not available" by the tuner. I took it to a local NTB, he plugged it in and in NC you can pass if you only have 1 "not ready". Even though the fuel system was "not ready" it still passed inspection since it technically only showed as 1 not ready.

I guess I now have a tune I can throw in for emissions.

I still feel more comfortable with the 93 octane BAMA race tune though, so for daily driving I think I will be keeping that tune in the car.

Yaay for passing inspections!

Wait, you have HP Tuners and run a Bama tune?

Potential Tuner
    Hey Guys,
    Im having an issue with cats and 02s not ready. Car has a twin turbo kit on it. Have 02 and cat stuff set to no error report and all tests are enabled. Car also has factory h pipe on and cats. With having a turbo setup will that change the parameters pcm needs to set monitors to ready? Over inspection and need to get file dialed in.

I would suggest going back to the beginning and reading this whole thread. Good info in here.

Potential Tuner
    Easy fix add some extension for the o2 sensors

I live in NY and I passed no problems having the catalyst and o2 showing "not supported". I made a few different changes. I did not disable my rear o2 I simply set it not to report an error for catalyst efficiency. My friend's car that is Lund tuned shows the same monitors as my car I believe 5 still show and I have no problems with them setting.

Tuner in Training
    Just adding some info to this thread... I had the issue also of all monitors ready except O2 and O2 heater. 2011 GT with CJ intake, mono blade, off road H pipe with rear O2's in double stacked anti-foulers, 5c converter. Last emissions test 2 years ago with the same exact combo and tune was able to easily get all monitors set in a single long drive. This time around these last two monitors would not set period. Replaced all four sensors, new battery, many, many drive cycles, etc. Finally today I decided to try and put the stock cats back on with no other changes. 66 miles later all monitors set to ready! I was just about to put the stock intake and air box on along with the cats, but decided to try this first. Thankfully I did.

Interestingly on my way to install the cats at my buddy's house it threw a P219B imbalance code. I did find evidence of a small exhaust leak after the rear O2 on the drivers side at the ball/socket joint where the cat delete pipe meets the H pipe. Not sure if that was the issue.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    I have a catless centrifugal supercharged car with long tube headers and stock strategy and set my o2 monitor settings like this... Attachment 79254

I set all the cat thresholds to 0 as mentioned earlier in the thread and also set transport delay similar to a cobra jet tune. I can get all IMs to pass within a single drive cycle with only these changes.

Attachment 79255
    This did it for me...Thanks for the tip!! 2 drives of about 25 miles is all it took.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I am new to this forum and I am trying to find the best way to complete Readiness, everything is complete but both 02 Sensors . I have a 2016 Ford mustang GT with a Whipple on it. the other supporting mods are a KB Boost a Pump, ID1000 and Stainless Works Catted Headers. My current tuner Lund has Basically said that they really do not track down issues for emissions. Any pointers creating a safe tune. I have OTS Whipple tune that I think will help as a base tune. Any pointers would greatly appreciated Thanks

Get the car warmed up, then hold 40 mph, 5th gear, 4-minutes with as little change in speed / pedal position as possible. After that hold 4800 RPM in 2nd gear for 10+ seconds, and decel with a closed throttle and no brakes.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thank you I will Try that. How many times should I try that ?

It should just take once.

But if IAT's are too high, you move the pedal too much, speed drifts too much, etc; you need to do it again.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone. New to the form and I've been having trouble setting my o2 sensor and heated o2 on my 2013 mustang gt. Im the second owner of the vehicle. I just moved to Texas DFW area and had to get an inspection on my mustang so i can register. Got an inspection and it says my o2 sensor and heated o2 isnt ready. My car battery had died, got a new one and I was told to drive my car more so I put 100+ more miles on it. Did numerous drive cycles but still not passing. Havent tried the 40mph for 4 miles straight so I will try that. Just wanted to see what you all think. You think the car may be tuned and the o2 sensor is turned off? I have a jlt intake which was installed by previous owner. Only other mod is magnaflow exhaust also from previous owner. Should I most likely buy a tuner or take it to a tune shop, or maybe revert back to stock intake?

Potential Tuner
    Just drove it 40 mph with a 4-5 mile radius. Will check it in the morning. *fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Okay so another update, I had a customer swing by:

- Stock intake
    - ghost cam tune
    - Gutted stock H pipe
    - all thresholds tripled
    - P0420/p0430 set to "no error reported"

Car had all monitors complete and ready to rock...this is in one with the s550 who had the same values...Which is odd since this did not seem to work on my personal car, that or maybe I'm not driving my personal car long enough...these are customers whom I have not seen in over a month since their last tune updates

Hey Jn2, thanks again for all the info in this thread.

HPT just added all the Catalyst threshold tables to the FPDX strategy (ECM 39000, 39001, 39002, 39003)

I saw that you have tried both tripling them, and zeroing them out. Which did you decide leads to a faster pass of the cat monitor?

FPDX has the same values as stock GT, but Roush values are a bit higher:

FPDX / GT

1st Threshold
    Bank 2 0.000885
    Bank 1 0.000805

No-fault Threshold
    Bank 2 0.00120
    Bank 1 0.00101

Normal Threshold
    Bank 2 0.000642
    Bank 1 0.000655

SCL Threshold
    Bank 2 0.000521
    Bank 1 0.000581

Roush

1st Threshold
    Bank 2 0.000856
    Bank 1 0.000724

No-fault Threshold
    Bank 2 0.00155
    Bank 1 0.00161

Normal Threshold
    Bank 2 0.000752
    Bank 1 0.000628

SCL Threshold
    Bank 2 0.000700
    Bank 1 0.000580
    Last edited by CCS86; 05-01-2019 at 08:34 AM.

I have this 2011 GT with a Ford Racing 2.3L whipple that is giving me headaches with passing readiness monitors. Aside from the supercharger is has shortie headers and the OEM catalyst can anyone lend some advice on why this car is such a pain in the ass?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Advanced Tuner
    Anti foulers with steel wool in the rear O2s, zero out all thresholds, all O2 tests enabled, rear o2 codes set to "No error reported", then I did the whole drive cycle thing. Monitors set to ready.

Potential Tuner
    Drudging this one up, lots of good info here.

Any reason these stratagies would't work for an 11' GT500 with LT's and the usual mods up top? And just for reference, I'm in that HEGO / O2 sensors won't ready after 5 drive cycles, 150ish or so miles in total. From what I understand, once one kicks over, the other should follow shortly thereafter.

Saw this post:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...itor+readiness

I've just been driving the car, did the whole 40mph thing, maybe a 3/4 throttle here and there.
    Last edited by buddha2364; 05-05-2020 at 08:07 PM.

I can't thank the knowledgable people on this forum enough. Got all my monitors ready. In an effort to help others, here are the details:

2012 Mustang GT
    Cobra Jet intake
    65mm twin throttle body
    FPP intake (102mm inlet)
    1-3/4 Hooker long tubes
    Flowmaster mini cats
    factory post O2s behind mini cats
    3" Hooker exhaust

1) Car triggered P0420 and P0430.
    2) Read this ENTIRE thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Monitor/page8
    3) Copied and applied Cobra Jet transport delay and transport delay time constant from 2013 Cobra Jet tune downloaded from repository
    4) Copied and applied settings from this post: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post524751
    5) Completed drive cycle here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post567518
    6) Oxygen sensor and heater monitors weren't ready, but went out and did three WOT data logs anyway to tune my MAF.
    7) By the time I got back to the house, all monitors were ready!

If any codes come up, I'll let you know. Regardless, THANK YOU for all the great info on this forum.