Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice!

I went ahead and changed the values to the following. This should make it much easier to to go "ready" under normal highway driving conditions, deltas were charged to equal the difference between minimum and maximum values. This way the test can run as long as you are within the minimum and maximum RPM, Speed, Load, and Lambda which should be do-able on most highways(barring heavy traffic)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Very nice!

I went ahead and changed the values to the following. This should make it much easier to to go "ready" under normal highway driving conditions, deltas were charged to equal the difference between minimum and maximum values. This way the test can run as long as you are within the minimum and maximum RPM, Speed, Load, and Lambda which should be do-able on most highways(barring heavy traffic)
    Please report back with your results.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Please report back with your results.
    For sure, we made a 500 mile round trip to Tx2k with the OEM settings and the monitors were still not ready when we got back. Just flashed the settings in the pic earlier today so we'll see how it does...I'll post up results when I have them.

Advanced Tuner
    Still testing it, so far the monitors have not gone ready even after 100 miles of highway driving(always staying within delta') I went ahead and lowered the minimum load to .05 and raised maximum load to 1, set lower mph to 0 and highest 100, also set minimum lambda to .5 and maximum to 1.5, o2 voltage max is 2 now as well. All deltas were change to be the difference between max and minimum. Will see if this helps any

Tuner in Training
    I have a '14 on my doorstep now with this issue, will update in the next few days.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Davis View Post
    I have a '14 on my doorstep now with this issue, will update in the next few days.
    Yeah still working on one too, I raised 02 voltage to max now, lowered all minimums and raised all maximums. Might disable DFCO as well, I think it's causing the usual lean spike which slogs as a lambda 2 and def exceeds the maximum allowed lambda.

Guys, make sure all of your catalyst overtemp fuel scalars are stock as well as valve and o2. If not the O2 readiness will not complete.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1 View Post
    Guys, make sure all of your catalyst overtemp fuel scalars are stock as well as valve and o2. If not the O2 readiness will not complete.
    Here is how I have COT set up on the car I am working with, all COT temperatures are stock, so is exhaust temp. Only changes are highlighted in green. Have also not changed anything with the o2 heaters and rear o2s are still active.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 1.59.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-30 at 1.59.42 PM.png

Change all that back to stock....trust me.
    Pete

Tuner in Training
    Can we re-enable it, but clip the max enrichment lambda?

I would recommend putting it all back to stock under the COT parameters. This will allow the 02 Readiness monitor to complete.

Advanced Tuner
    Just wanted everyone to be aware that every time you load a tune, the drive cycle requirements are reset and you have to do a complete cycle.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 69redmach1 View Post
    I would recommend putting it all back to stock under the COT parameters. This will allow the 02 Readiness monitor to complete.
    I also had no luck.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Just wanted everyone to be aware that every time you load a tune, the drive cycle requirements are reset and you have to do a complete cycle.
    We have bee doing the drive cycles after every flash...including waiting 8 hours for it to cool off and let ECT be within 10*f of ambient temps....Every test will go ready except 02 and o2 heater...

Advanced Tuner
    Got it fixed, got monitors to finally for ready along with catalysts and everything else needed to pass...will dump the changes here in a bit, oddly enough, Beta access helped us figure it out(although its not needed to apply the changes)

Advanced Tuner
    Ok here are the changes it took to finally make them all go ready including the o2 sensor and o2 heater. From what we gather you want the test to run during a time they are capable of passing, this is pure speculation, but thats what we assumed as we made changes. Also lowered some of the exhaust temp values along with tip temp values in hope if helping the heater pass. Not sure if it even made a difference, but these settings have it passing.

We are going to test on another car and do the changes 1 by 1 to see whether we can get away with just increasing voltage and not touching exhaust temp and tip temp

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.03.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.02.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.02.39 PM.png

Tuner in Training
    Ok here are the changes it took to finally make them all go ready including the o2 sensor and o2 heater. From what we gather you want the test to run during a time they are capable of passing, this is pure speculation, but thats what we assumed as we made changes. Also lowered some of the exhaust temp values along with tip temp values in hope if helping the heater pass. Not sure if it even made a difference, but these settings have it passing.

We are going to test on another car and do the changes 1 by 1 to see whether we can get away with just increasing voltage and not touching exhaust temp and tip temp

Thank you for this. I had sent my customer out the door two weeks ago with a bluetooth dongle and the Torque app so he could report back, and as of the email he sent this AM no luck. I'll try this and confirm.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Davis View Post
    Thank you for this. I had sent my customer out the door two weeks ago with a bluetooth dongle and the Torque app so he could report back, and as of the email he sent this AM no luck. I'll try this and confirm.
    The o2 and heater monitor run at the same time, you want to go 40mph and below 2300 rpm and hold it steady for about 4 miles or so. No stopping, no cruise control, no letting off the gas or getting on the gas, needs to be steady.
    Last edited by Jn2; 03-08-2021 at 08:03 PM.

What was the exhaust setup on this car? Do you know about how long it took the car to set the monitors?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    What was the exhaust setup on this car? Do you know about how long it took the car to set the monitors?
    Got them all ready within 2 hours, not exact on the time frame bc I let the customer drive the car around, but I flashed the file around 10:30pm and he texted me saying they were ready around midnight. He was prob out driving the whole time doing the drive cycles over and over.

Mods:
    AEM intake(MAF curve was untouched since it's a no tune required one)
    Stock headers
    Pypes O/R mid pipe(3")
    MSRB 3" full cat back exhaust
    Last edited by Jn2; 04-22-2017 at 09:10 PM.