Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Fuel monitor normally goes ready the second you turn the key on after flashing a tune
    So, not an injector size issue or anything? The previous owner did some work swapping around the fuel pump and transfer pump - maybe I need to swap that back?

My car has never had the fuel system set.

Currently I can set Evap, Misfire, Component, and EGR.

I wanted to thank Jn2 for his work on the readiness monitors. Also, Eric for adding the appropriate fields to my OSID. I have been fighting this for two months. So, driving with dead tags in a suburban area is tough going, especially driving 40 MPH for 5 minutes without getting run over. So today, I drove to the country, followed Jn2's suggestions, put about 100 miles on the car, came home, scanned it -and- the monitors are now set! To review, it is a 2012 with a VMP stage III kit, ID1000s, LTs, X-pipe with race cats.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    I wanted to thank Jn2 for his work on the readiness monitors. Also, Eric for adding the appropriate fields to my OSID. I have been fighting this for two months. So, driving with dead tags in a suburban area is tough going, especially driving 40 MPH for 5 minutes without getting run over. So today, I drove to the country, followed Jn2's suggestions, put about 100 miles on the car, came home, scanned it -and- the monitors are now set! To review, it is a 2012 with a VMP stage III kit, ID1000s, LTs, X-pipe with race cats.
    Glad those settings worked out for you

Thanks again. So I passed the emissions part, but failed the physical inspection. They failed me because I had a breather cap installed in place of the stock oil filler cap. Go figure.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Tuner in Training
    I set all the thresholds to zero. I did not change the temp settings. It completed the cat mon 1 time. From what I understand doing some reading the cat mon must complete during that drive cycle for the O2 and O2htr to set.

It doesn't throw any codes. All the stock DTC's are still on. No other major changes to the stock tune.

Best I can tell, as soon as you set cruse control it moves the cat mon to N/A. I drove around for over an hour and it would not complete the cat monitor again. I'm out of daylight now and saw way to many deer on my favorite road to take any more chances. The temp settings must have something to do with it.

2013 GT manual.

The fronts are widebands the rears are narrowbands. The rears oscillate at 14.7:1, when the cats are in, the rate is slower. This is what is detected for cat efficiency. The slower oscillation of signal infers the cats have higher o2 content, slowing the switching rate.

Tuner in Training
    I can't get the O2 and O2 Heat to complete at all. For some reason its popping P219A and P219B codes. I've tried this with all the thresholds at zero, and SCL at zero. Those are the only changes. I can get 6 of 8 monitors to complete pretty damn quick now, I know almost exactly a driving route to get them to complete. I've driven 400+ miles with a few different tune changes. I've done 40mph in 4th 5th and 6th gear. 48mph in 5th and 6th. Steady and smooth.

Will anyone share notes of what tune changes were made exactly to get them to complete. I've read this thread 50 times, I'm pretty sure I'm doing what others have posted. A few of you got PM information of some sort that didn't seem posted publicly, please feel free to PM me with any of that.

HELP! lol

Drive Cycle Requirements and Other things need for monitors

First you must have the extra fields in your strategy. If your strategy does not have these extra fields, you must request that they be added by support. Reference the screen save from Jn2 in this post and compare to your strategy. If these highlighted fields are included in your OSID, just set the values as Jn2 did in the pic. Then... you must follow Ford's drive cycle exactly. The HEGOs/O2s will not set unless you drive 40 MPH for 4 1//2 to 5 minutes with no movement around that speed - exactly 40 MPH without using the cruise control. I set all the monitors except the HEGOs/O2s until I followed the 40 MPH requirement exactly. Then, let the car cool overnight and scan the OBD port the next day. See what happens. My car has a catted X-Pipe, ID1000s and a large blower. Once I followed the specified drive cycle, they finally set. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.24.40 PM.png This is a jpeg of Jn2s post. You can view the original screen save from his post on 5 October, a few posts back.
    Last edited by 15PSI; 12-09-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    First you must have the extra fields in your strategy. If your strategy does not have these extra fields, you must request that they be added by support. Reference the screen save from Jn2 in this post and compare to your strategy. If these highlighted fields are included in your OSID, just set the values as Jn2 did in the pic. Then... you must follow Ford's drive cycle exactly. The HEGOs/O2s will not set unless you drive 40 MPH for 4 1//2 to 5 minutes with no movement around that speed - exactly 40 MPH without using the cruise control. I set all the monitors except the HEGOs/O2s until I followed the 40 MPH requirement exactly. Then, let the car cool overnight and scan the OBD port the next day. See what happens. My car has a catted X-Pipe, ID1000s and a large blower. Once I followed the specified drive cycle, they finally set. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 9.24.40 PM.png This is a jpeg of Jn2s post. You can view the original screen save from his post on 5 October, a few posts back.

That's using your Roush Strategy?

I've set my monitors to zero and played with it but haven't found anywhere to do some long 40mph drives yet, the few around town drives i haven't been able to get it to set. I was hoping widening the speed values and airflow values i could get it to set just from a basic ride. I don't have an evap though, so i'm starting to wonder if I can even get the others to pass without it?

Tuner in Training
    1. ECT 170F
    2. IAT 40-100F
    3. 40 mph 4 min, HEGO
    4. 45-65 mph 10 min steady no hills, EVAP, FL 15-85%
    5. 25 to 45 mph, over a 10 minute period. Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from 25 to 45 mph over a 10 minute period. CAT MON
    6. From a stop, accelerate to 45 mph at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Repeat 3 times. EGR
    7. 2nd gear 4800 RPM 10-20 seconds. O2 heater test
    8. Bring the vehicle to a stop. Idle with transmission in drive (neutral for M/T) for 2 minutes. CCM
    9. For M/T, accelerate from 0 to 50 mph.
    10. From a stop, accelerate to 65 mph. Decelerate at closed throttle until 40 mph (no brakes). Repeat this 3 times.
    11. Check monitors

For rear o2 to complete on same drive cycle, may take more than one drive cycle.
    1. Must complete Fuel System test
    2. Must complete Cat Mon CMS
    3. Must complete EGR
    4. O2 sensor to 1360-1500f egt
    5. DFSO 3 times
    6. May not complete in one drive cycle.

Tested only once per drive cycle. When monitor says Not Enabled, test has run.

bbrooks - Yes, I was running my 2013 Roush OSID (FPDW3FA) when the monitors successfully set. I tried with a modified Ford cal, but could never get the entire set of monitors to play well.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Quote Originally Posted by TnT Detailing View Post
    1. ECT 170F
    2. IAT 40-100F
    3. 40 mph 4 min, HEGO
    4. 45-65 mph 10 min steady no hills, EVAP, FL 15-85%
    5. 25 to 45 mph, over a 10 minute period. Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from 25 to 45 mph over a 10 minute period. CAT MON
    6. From a stop, accelerate to 45 mph at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Repeat 3 times. EGR
    7. 2nd gear 4800 RPM 10-20 seconds. O2 heater test
    8. Bring the vehicle to a stop. Idle with transmission in drive (neutral for M/T) for 2 minutes. CCM
    9. For M/T, accelerate from 0 to 50 mph.
    10. From a stop, accelerate to 65 mph. Decelerate at closed throttle until 40 mph (no brakes). Repeat this 3 times.
    11. Check monitors

For rear o2 to complete on same drive cycle, may take more than one drive cycle.
    1. Must complete Fuel System test
    2. Must complete Cat Mon CMS
    3. Must complete EGR
    4. O2 sensor to 1360-1500f egt
    5. DFSO 3 times
    6. May not complete in one drive cycle.

Tested only once per drive cycle. When monitor says Not Enabled, test has run.

Has anybody had luck with this drive cycle clearing all tests?

I am getting stuck on the O2 and Heated O2 on my 2012 Mustang w/ M122 blower with factory cats, aftermarket H pipe back.

I can't say that I have been able to hold a perfect 40mph for 4 minutes yet. It's nearly impossible with traffic and lights.

I have started monitoring the rear O2s along with the fronts and have noticed some interesting things:

• After a lean decel period, it can take 15 seconds, or more, for the rear O2s to come back from low voltage.
    • When the WB O2s are ticking between 1.02 and 0.98, the rear O2s are pretty much stable at ~0.82V. Wouldn't I expect them to switch at stoich?
    • During steady cruise, I see this interesting period of around 10-15 seconds, where commanded EQ locks to 1.0, STFTs lock to 0.0, but clearly something is purposely cycling the mixture. Widebands are swinging between 1.06 and 0.94, in a synchronized sine wave, which is 180* out of phase between banks. EVAP activity goes to 0. It tends to happen during the first steady cruising period around 1800-1900 rpm. (photo below, log attached)

Are my rear O2's getting old and lazy? Are my widebands aged? Just normal activity?

O2-Dance.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

After a few drive cycles, I was finally able to find a road where I could hold 40 mph for minutes on end. I also held 4800rpm in 2nd gear for 15 seconds or so. I thought for sure I had gotten the O2 readiness tests to pass, but after letting the car sit overnight, they are still not ready.

I technically have less than two weeks to pass inspection, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm wondering if O2 tip temps are responsible or not. I don't have any PIDs relating to O2 tip temp to log. When I requested them from support, I got this as a reply:
    They may exist but until we have the resources available they are unable to dig through the code to find them.
    Maybe if more interest is shown, they will prioritize finding them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    After a few drive cycles, I was finally able to find a road where I could hold 40 mph for minutes on end. I also held 4800rpm in 2nd gear for 15 seconds or so. I thought for sure I had gotten the O2 readiness tests to pass, but after letting the car sit overnight, they are still not ready.

I technically have less than two weeks to pass inspection, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm wondering if O2 tip temps are responsible or not. I don't have any PIDs relating to O2 tip temp to log. When I requested them from support, I got this as a reply:

Maybe if more interest is shown, they will prioritize finding them.
    Thin I included the value for o2 tip temp in my initial post from last year. I put everything that went into getting all those monitor to finally pass by doing the drive cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Thin I included the value for o2 tip temp in my initial post from last year. I put everything that went into getting all those monitor to finally pass by doing the drive cycles

I saw that post. I'm just not sure which settings are applicable on a car with stock headers and cats.

Tuner in Training
    Look at the mode 6 data to see what you are not completing. There is a rich lean, lean rich test that never finishes for me. With the cats out I can pass everything but the final cross check the OBD does for the cat monitor functions. It checks to see if the rear o2s are working correctly if the cats are 'weak'. This is a test to ensure I false pass of the cat monitor. I have not found a way to by pass or complete the test.

The drive cycle above works great for the stock tune and stock configuration. There could be any number of changes in the tune causing it not to pass.

I wonder if the 1.0 you see is the mode 6 test, the monitors will run and force a condition for a period of time to complete a test.

Quote Originally Posted by TnT Detailing View Post
    Look at the mode 6 data to see what you are not completing. There is a rich lean, lean rich test that never finishes for me. With the cats out I can pass everything but the final cross check the OBD does for the cat monitor functions. It checks to see if the rear o2s are working correctly if the cats are 'weak'. This is a test to ensure I false pass of the cat monitor. I have not found a way to by pass or complete the test.

The drive cycle above works great for the stock tune and stock configuration. There could be any number of changes in the tune causing it not to pass.

I wonder if the 1.0 you see is the mode 6 test, the monitors will run and force a condition for a period of time to complete a test.

Can I look at mode 6 data with HP Tuners? I'm not familiar with it.

Tuner in Training
    Can I look at mode 6 data with HP Tuners? I'm not familiar with it.
    yes

On the Scanner, Readiness Monitors

Mode 6: Test results for continuously and non-continuously monitored systems

Quote Originally Posted by BravoAlphaPerf View Post
    yes

On the Scanner, Readiness Monitors

Mode 6: Test results for continuously and non-continuously monitored systems

Thank you. I'm still not seeing it though. Would it show up in the "Diagnostics and Info" screen, or in the Channels Selector? Maybe it isn't added for my strategy yet?

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I'm still not seeing it though. Would it show up in the "Diagnostics and Info" screen, or in the Channels Selector? Maybe it isn't added for my strategy yet?
    Dont have it in front of me at the moment, on vacation.

but most basic scanners/ code readers have this function now to show the status of the readiness monitors. Here's an example of the pocket Autel Scanner readiness monitor screen.
    IM Readiness.jpg

edit: try diag and info
    Last edited by BravoAlphaPerf; 04-19-2018 at 09:35 PM.